CLX coming soon!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As CAP said, this does mirror rumblings and rummors we heard last year while in Lawrence during our "Get Together" weekend.

Can't wait to see and hear the details. Tom, I think we need to find a "drooling" smilie!

Can't wait to see and hear the details. Tom, I think we need to find a "drooling" smilie!

You mean like this: :drool:

You will find this one and lots of other smilies if you click the "more" link in the smilies box.

yeah, I spoke to Devin @ ML last week and he confirmed that Munich on the 24th will be the unveiling of the CLX. He couldn't tell me much more.... wish I lived in Munich!!

:D

the 24th will be the unveiling of the CLX. He couldn't tell me much more.... wish I lived in Munich!! :D

I wonder if any of our Europeon members will be attending ???

If so ....... we need some pics, first hand impressions, etc !!

Just curious, does anybody know how market size for ML's overseas compares to North America? I wonder if it's just a matter of timing for them to premier the CLX in Germany, or if ML perceives a larger potential market in Europe??

Given the sinking dollar, I suspect a much stronger market in Europe.

Going out there in June to spend a couple of days with them, as review samples won't be available until the end of the year....

That way we can at least to a "sneak peek/first impression" article and
then a full review as they become available.

Unfortunately, prices are not sinking in Europe (13000 euros for a Summit in France aka 20000 USD).

Exactly, that's how the market has changed and US companies are now exporting to Europe. Likewise, European products have taken a significant price increase in the US this past year.

Unfortunately, prices are not sinking in Europe (13000 euros for a Summit in France aka 20000 USD).

I think Martin-Logan and the Lawrence, Kansas Bureau of Tourism:D should partner up. ML could sell the export version (220v) of the Summits and CLX at US prices to Eurpoeans that choose to vacation in Lawrence.

And a Benchmark DAC1 is $1,799 here - that is $USD1,678. How does that compare?

Honestly, I don't know why manufacturers "look after" their distributors so much (eg. by not selling directly to customers) - it's just a giant, infuriating money grab.

Latest posts

Back