Are the BalancedForce 212's out of production?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasonStorm

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to adding a pair of BalancedForce 212's to my CLX Art speakers (well, money permitting). However, as I browse the web, it looks like they're sold out or on back order at all of the authorized dealers. Does anyone have the inside scoop on MartinLogan's "situation" in regard to these subwoofers? I'm wondering if they're just experiencing a supply chain delay (and they'll be back on the market soon), or if they've gone out of production in preparation for a new model.

I'm looking forward to adding a pair of BalancedForce 212's to my CLX Art speakers (well, money permitting). However, as I browse the web, it looks like they're sold out or on back order at all of the authorized dealers. Does anyone have the inside scoop on MartinLogan's "situation" in regard to these subwoofers? I'm wondering if they're just experiencing a supply chain delay (and they'll be back on the market soon), or if they've gone out of production in preparation for a new model.
Did you try Shawn on here? He owns DaVinci media and is a trusted dealer that is certified by ML.

Forgive my weak forum skills. I went to the "Members" section and searched on "Shawn," and the system replied no, I would have to enter his full name. How does a User find him here?

Shawn is 'top shelf' as I can attest, bought my last pair of Logans from him

FYI dealer told me a while ago ML has NO plans to upgrade/change BF212 for another few years. So likely just supply

Also FYI great choice. Love those subs

Well, no response from him so far. I also contacted MartinLogan directly via their website, but they too have not responded. Apparently the potential future manufacture of these subwoofers is a secret :unsure:

Try sending Shawn a message on here. Otherwise, find a dealer near you. Best Buy is a dealer in the US, at Magnolia stores. Those are all over the country I think.

Online stores sell too, just be sure they are a licensed dealer so the warranty is good. This place should be:

https://www.overtureav.com/speakers/subwoofers/martin-logan/mcintosh-ps2k/It says in store only, but I'd contact as ask about just shipping it to you. Shawn has them shipped right to you. I bought my BF 210 from Shawn.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. I’ll send him another message, but literally all of MartinLogan’s authorized online dealers, including Best Buy, are sold out. At least Audio Advice was willing to reply to my request, and they have no idea when more will become available.

Thanks for your replies. I’ll send him another message, but literally all of MartinLogan’s authorized online dealers, including Best Buy, are sold out. At least Audio Advice was willing to reply to my request, and they have no idea when more will become available.
Ok, looks like you've covered it. Something may be wrong in Martin Logan's supply chain. Have you tried contacting Martin Logan direct through email? I know they have a service email. You could try that. Ron there knows his way around well. I bet he could tell you what's up.
Did you ask places if they have the BF 210? Design is very much similar. Curious if those are out too.

Hi Robert, yes I did contact MartinLogan directly via E-mail, and they too ignored it. In regard to the BF210, just one online dealer has any at all...and they only have one.

Hi Robert, yes I did contact MartinLogan directly via E-mail, and they too ignored it. In regard to the BF210, just one online dealer has any at all...and they only have one.
Ok, that makes a lot of sense. Martin Logan never answered your email?
If you're wanting something soon, there are plenty of alternatives to ML subs. I use a BF 210 with a Powersound Audio 21 inch sub. The two of them blend seamlessly for me. The PSA sub is excellent, and sounds better to me than the ML. JL.audio makes the fathom, it's nice. SVS has a good reputation too.
Im very happy with my Power Sound Audio sub. We have a member on here that bought four of their IPAL subs for his new home theater he is building.

https://www.powersoundaudio.com/collections/subwoofers

Ok, that makes a lot of sense. Martin Logan never answered your email?
If you're wanting something soon, there are plenty of alternatives to ML subs. I use a BF 210 with a Powersound Audio 21 inch sub. The two of them blend seamlessly for me. The PSA sub is excellent, and sounds better to me than the ML. JL.audio makes the fathom, it's nice. SVS has a good reputation too.
Im very happy with my Power Sound Audio sub. We have a member on here that bought four of their IPAL subs for his new home theater he is building.

https://www.powersoundaudio.com/collections/subwoofers
Thanks! I E-mailed MartinLogan a 2nd time, doing it this morning, and this time they responded. They said they have some in stock and will be sending them out as special orders for now. Thanks for all of your help and suggestions :)

Thanks! I E-mailed MartinLogan a 2nd time, doing it this morning, and this time they responded. They said they have some in stock and will be sending them out as special orders for now. Thanks for all of your help and suggestions :)
That's great. So they can send you two BF 212 subs now?

Back