Coming back to the fold...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. It's been a long time. Looking forward to getting back into MartinLogan world. Hoping to hang out a bit and at some point find a pair of nice used CLXs. As some of you that read TONE know, they used to be my reference speaker. Honestly my only complaint was that they were a little cumbersome to move in and out of review setups. However, as of April, I will have a new, 24 x 36 foot listening room, so now that I'll be able to stretch out, would love to go back to the CLX again.
Looking forward to catching up with this group again after a bit of a hiatus.

Hello all. It's been a long time. Looking forward to getting back into MartinLogan world. Hoping to hang out a bit and at some point find a pair of nice used CLXs. As some of you that read TONE know, they used to be my reference speaker. Honestly my only complaint was that they were a little cumbersome to move in and out of review setups. However, as of April, I will have a new, 24 x 36 foot listening room, so now that I'll be able to stretch out, would love to go back to the CLX again.
Looking forward to catching up with this group again after a bit of a hiatus.

Hi there, and great to see you here again.

That's a huge listening room! I'm sure you'll post some pics.

Will do. IT's going to be fun to really be able to stretch out. I used to have my CLX's in a 16 x 24 foot room on the long wall and it was great but always felt a little cramped. This way, being able to move the couch back about 12-14 feet is going to be great. Will be pairing them up with a six pack of REL no.31 subs.

Welcome back Jeff.
I/we look forward to your description of setting up your new room with CLX again.

Always look forward to downloading a new issue of TONE.

Greetings from down unda.
I remember you... on CJO. You called me a few names like "Alpha Male" and "know it all... talk too much but know very little" ...
I won't forget that! You left CJO, and now you're back here... Good to know mate.

Since that time, I took your criticism quite seriously, so now I don't talk too much and I try to get my facts before a chit chat...
So thanks and respect to that!

The CLX's are magical stats, I sincerely believe they're the very best ML ever made. Sadly no longer in production, I guess they had their reasons.

There's no other speaker system I'd rather own! Maybe the Clarisys Audio or Alsyvox ribbons would be nice, as a second system but I do believe one's enough!

I truly hope you find a wonderful pair of CLX's in mint condition. There were a few floating around here for sale, not sure what transpired though.
The one and only last pair sold in Aus/ Melb, went to a very deserving chap. Drives them with the mighty Gryphon Mephisto, Class A all the way, superb! Obviously he's happy as!!! 😊

Helped him set them up, took quite a while in an unusual room but worth the effort. Installed just one BF210 for the low notes, mighty fine!

Keep us update on your set up, can certainly learn something new. BTW, what type of amplification are you planning on using? Tooobs or SS...

Cheers to CLX Art's!
Woof! RJ

Last edited:
Hola Jeff, welcome back! Thanks for your reply at the Tone Audio Mag.

It's so good to have you again with us. And still I'm in love with my CLXs. They just do know how to sing!

Hi Jeff,

As I recall, some verbal disagreements we had were part of the reason you left this forum. Maybe that’s true, maybe not. Regardless, there’s certainly no hard feelings on my part. I’m not near as active on this forum as I used to be. But I welcome your return, as I think you bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the forum. So I’m glad you’re posting here again. Good luck in your search for a pair of CLX’s. And given your interest in full range electrostats, check out my post on my newly-refurbished KLH model Nines. I haven’t had the chance to audition CLX’s to compare, but the model Nine’s are absolutely amazing!

Back