CLX coming soon!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For example, Purity's in Europe are aprox. 5000 $, in America 3000 $. Huge differences between prices. :(

Dang... this is definitely exciting news! Any idea on the price?

Any idea on what you'll be asking for your Summitt's ????

Sorry Joey, I just couldn't help mysel !! LOL !

Pops

It will be interesting to see if CLS's get dumped once the CLX comes out....but at $20K :eek:

It will be interesting to see if CLS's get dumped once the CLX comes out....but at $20K :eek:

You mean by the CLS owners dumping $20k for a new speaker that may be better ! :rolleyes:

Like the Summit , It does a lot good but not enough to spend the $12k for a set and replace the CLS. For $20k and you will need a sub to have full frequency to 20 HZ . I will be surprised at the outcome;)

You mean by the CLS owners dumping $20k for a new speaker that may be better ! :rolleyes:
Just playing devil's advocate, :devil:
Like the Summit , It does a lot good but not enough to spend the $12k for a set and replace the CLS. For $20k and you will need a sub to have full frequency to 20 HZ . I will be surprised at the outcome;)
I'm really looking forward to hearing them. Unfortunately my local ML dealer will never carry them as he does not have the space, so I'll have to go to Montreal just to hear them (an easy 2 hr ride).

For $20k and you will need a sub to have full frequency to 20 HZ . I will be surprised at the outcome;)

For $20k it better come with the freakin' sub. Panels are just not that expensive to produce. No reason for a pure electrostat to cost that much, in my opinion.

It still seems odd (to me) why ML would release the CLX when the Summit was put out just a few years ago (I want to say it was '05 or '06).

Well I am not a marketing guru by any means, and I am sure they have their reasons. ML fanatics have been waiting for this product for quite some time.

how many other people here are holding back on new CLS panels until they see pricing/reviews/pix of the new CLX?

For $20k it better come with the freakin' sub. Panels are just not that expensive to produce. No reason for a pure electrostat to cost that much, in my opinion.

Rich, maybe M/L wants to recoop the R&D exspense in the first dozen pair they sell !

Any one ever think that ML has done exactly what they wanted. Create a Market for the CLS with nich sales. Then pull the line. Re introduce the new line to the many young users who have heard the Summit or the Prodigy. These huge promises of the CLX being the new Mesiah are just what they need. Remember, any publicity is good. All the hype from the loyal CLS owners have the new generation stoked.

IF ITS NOT A SINGLE PANEL DESIGN , OR A DUAL PANEL DESIGN ITS OVER FOR ME!
That being said how do you improve the simple yet efective design of a X over less panel with great response. Better panel desighn I guess. But not that much better.

The CLS IIZ was no more than $6k at best . now we have a potential $20k design on the same principle !

Time will tell.

how do you improve the simple yet efective design of a X over less panel with great response. Better panel desighn I guess. But not that much better. .

I would think / hope the improvment would be in adaptation of current ESL panel design, along with stands (possibly so as to vary height) and some sort of rigitity improvement similar to what Neil and others have done to their CLS's. Updated electronics would also be expected.

Now would all of this justify 20k.........I hope not, given the state of the economy it will be come a niche market for sure.

But you forget that if it is as amazing as we all think, that's still not
a lot of money for that kind of performance.

Think of how many speakers the Vantage and Summit outperform
that cost a lot more....

But you forget that if it is as amazing as we all think, that's still not
a lot of money for that kind of performance.

Think of how many speakers the Vantage and Summit outperform
that cost a lot more....
I do agree that the Summit beats most twenty grand speakers. Its ony priced at twelve grand depending on finish. It also is a full range speaker that will do twenty four hertz.

The CLX for eight grand more better be at least a thirty hz speaker. The sub should either be a add on option or come in the package for that cost. I am realy excited to hear or see them. It is hard to fathom being eight grand better than the Summit or eighteen grand better than a CLS paired with a sub.

I can make a lot of fancy wood frames for that money. I am sure it will contain new micro Perf and clear spar tech. That has already been recouped from the newer lines.

I hope it is a huge sucess. If history repeats it self the CLS was not a big seller for ML . Maybe this time around it will bring out the generation of CLS dreamers . I hope they build off the tradition of the CLS. From the rumors it sounds like a minii statement to me............

Back