New ML corporate site tomorrow.. Check it out!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attyonline said:
I have not been able to get on their site for the last two days. :(

You might need to dump your cookies or empty your cache. I couldn't view it until I did this.

I guess the general consensus isnt very positive regarding the new site...

Joey_V said:
I guess the general consensus isnt very positive regarding the new site...

The general consensus is that this site blows!!! C'mon ML, you can design beautiful architectural speakers, that is got to be harder than a website. I'll mail you $2K for a proper photoshoot you cheap bastards.

Clarity needs to be moved to ESl.

Site is not yet user friendly. Needs some more tuning just in terms of access.

A description of where each speaker fits in the ML's product ilne would be very useful as an overview.

Suggested combinatons for HT with sub woofer would be nice. Given the specs why would want to pay for a vantage over the Clarity other than standing while listening? It would be useful to show what you gain by moving up the ESL product line from Clarity to Summit

The role of sub woofers for non HT applications should also be addressed in the overview as well as what center speakers match with what main speakersand surrounds. This could be coupled with size of room versus system reccomendations.

Joel

jmschnur said:
Clarity needs to be moved to ESl.

Site is not yet user friendly. Needs some more tuning just in terms of access.

A description of where each speaker fits in the ML's product ilne would be very useful as an overview.

Suggested combinatons for HT with sub woofer would be nice. Given the specs why would want to pay for a vantage over the Clarity other than standing while listening? It would be useful to show what you gain by moving up the ESL product line from Clarity to Summit

The role of sub woofers for non HT applications should also be addressed in the overview as well as what center speakers match with what main speakersand surrounds. This could be coupled with size of room versus system reccomendations.

Joel

Well there product section may need some work, but if you go to applications (listed underneath products on the left side bar) all the speakers are there in there correct categories.

http://www.us.martinlogan.com/applications/esl_series.html

fallencr said:
The general consensus is that this site blows!!! C'mon ML, you can design beautiful architectural speakers, that is got to be harder than a website. I'll mail you $2K for a proper photoshoot you cheap bastards.

I totally agree....very poor website upgrade. Actually liked the old site better than this one, which certainly was nothing to write home about.

Anyone seen a quality audio/HT website that could be recommended to them to take some pointers from?

Last edited:
New ML corporate site

Remember Robin's post of 11/29/05 #51 about quality?
..... Well here is really your first introduction to the new company. If you have a hard time getting the information you want right away, (web sites, I have heard, must get the info to the viewer in the time line of immediate to 15 seconds; or the surfer leaves for something easier), it's good bye. People will go to the mall, (Bose ???),or Circuit S**ty, or another site designed to serve and help rather than impress and or awe. We may know what should be there (and what is missing), but if you want fast and accurate service and information, (IMO), this site needs a rework.
..... The smart thing I think we could do is to email the company and explain this before the new designers think its a great job. I am willing to bet these "designers" may be new to the company or new to audio altogether, and we need to give them some immediate CONSTRUCTIVE input. It's not that bad, but it must be better. It reflects MY taste in things I value, and that's important enough for me to try to help make it so.
.....Sorry, just another rant from the science teachers lounge....

Last edited:
New ML corporate site

p.s.
So I wrote to them on their website emailer and added:.....
Re-work your site. You need to consider better photos of each speaker and of the actual speaker placement in specific rooms. Explain how to select an HT system and exchange selections within the system. Add a review of past models and future ideas or designs. thanks.....
......Just thought it might help them on the next project if they knew I was watching.

I wonder if some knothead at Shoreview, Shoreline or whatever came up with this thing ?? Hopefully this kind of crap won't trickle down to speaker mfg !

twich54 said:
I wonder if some knothead at Shoreview, Shoreline or whatever came up with this thing ?? Hopefully this kind of crap won't trickle down to speaker mfg !
I hope so too, Dave... good point. :mad:

I find the new site to be okay,you have to be quick with the mouse to use it.

ml360 said:
I find the new site to be okay,you have to be quick with the mouse to use it.

Dont forget the pics are so badly photoshopped, I think my brother could *almost* do a better job.

I think its an improvement over the old site. Could be better, but what product is not capable of improvement? Hopefully, the more site-savvy members of this forum will share their specific objections and suggestions with ML so the site can get better.

Dont forget the pics are so badly photoshopped, I think my brother could *almost* do a better job.

For speaker cables and power cords the guy in the photo must be using the new totally transparent Vahallas. You know the ones you never see in the audio equipment ads where someone is sitting in a designer living room that appears to be listening to an audio system that isn't plugged in to anything.

"It was either a pair of Vantages or one Summit so I decided to buy just one Summit". Someday when I can afford a second speaker I'll get to hear how it sounds reflecting off all my large glass panels"!

Last edited:
Just an FYI:

The Clarity is the top of the line "Designer Series," Speaker and the only electrostat sellable by "Designer Series," Dealers. The Voyage IS part of the Designer Series as well.

The website also blows. It is horrible.

Honestly the sight is a tad boring. What I would like to see is pictures, pictures, and more pictures! I have this complaint for all of the manufacturer sites. I want to see what the speaker looks like from different angles and different settings. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back