Oldies, but Goodies

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickm

Reaction score
I have a 5 minute story on every good piece of my gear. Over years past, I took the opportunity to upgrade my system by buying used, keeping the best and selling the other. This is the story of how I bought my wonderful Aerius I speakers.

Years ago I started upgrading my system. We had a handout paper called the Recycler. With that and the online sites, I’d buy some used equipment, keep the best and sell the other.

I saw an ad for my ML’s in the Recycler and drove down to check them out. When I got there the owner told me his wife was a new doctor and they were moving to Portland in a few days. The speakers were in the garage and the young kids had gotten to them. Both speakers were not in the best physical shape. One had much of one of the side wood panel partially ripped off. The frame was there, but much of the wood had be reduced in width.

He begged me to make him an offer, so I made a $500 offer thinking he would never accept and I’d be on my way. Well, he said yes. I thought that for the first time I’d bought a lemon. When I got home I hooked up the speakers and instantly new I had something special.

I called ML, in Kansas, and asked what I needed to do to fill-in the wood panels and was told to go to ACE hardware and buy a can of $6 black paint and some wood filler. On my apartment patio, I filled in the wood, sanded it down and painted the frame. Unless you're in real bright light, you cant see the work I’ve done.

I have some very old and really good gear, but it just wouldn’t be the same without my ML's

Latest posts

Back