New ML corporate site tomorrow.. Check it out!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
socialxray said:
Honestly the sight is a tad boring. What I would like to see is pictures, pictures, and more pictures! I have this complaint for all of the manufacturer sites. I want to see what the speaker looks like from different angles and different settings. Just my 2 cents.

Did you notice each speaker has it own gallery? with five to ten images of that speaker.

I'm an Internet Project Manager for a major software company, and I personally think they messed up the basics.

The design is open and clean, which is nice, but the navigation must be crystal clear, and it's not. They need to group items the way a visitor expects to see their speakers grouped. In this case, most people want to see their speaker line up in a heirarchical structure, and grouped all in one place. Don't place the individual speakers in more than one place in the navigation, makes it confusing, and it's annoying.. I mean, I just saw this speaker under one flyout, why do I need to see if under another? Don't bury it down three flyouts, the whole list should be accessible from that first level flyout. And what does "Design Series" mean? If you want to breakup the speaker offerings, break it up by something that makes some sense... I don't know if Design Series is better or not as good as ESL. How about soemthing that illicits a Good, Better, Best type of rating/structure? Pick a navigation that makes sense, and that usually means the simplest and most transparent one.

Don't use a confusing nav to describe how one speaker is an ESL, a monitor, and good as a surround. These types of details can be explained on the speaker landing page, keeping the nav simple. You can maybe have an Advanced Search, that allows you to search for "monitors" or ESL, or whatever type of speaker you're looking for...

How about a dropdown, with quicklinks to each speaker landing page? The individual speaker landing pages have large images, which is nice, but apart from the speaker photos not being excellent renditions of the real thing, that overall image is just too large, and it's hard to find the subnavigation that gives you the details on the speaker. Those speaker landing pages should have basic info along with a clean image of the speaker, without the user needing to click yet another time to see if they can find what they're looking for. Who cares about fancy home interiors? Maybe a few to illustrate how they can look great in a home interior, but not every single picture. Some of the gallery pictures I think would be better at the main speaker pages, and the environment pictures maybe get moved to the more buried gallery.

I like the idea of "home theatre solutions", possibly by price/level, also liked the earlier idea of reviews, i'd put them on the landing page for each speaker. I also think recommended accompanying equipment would be great, but no audio manufacturer ever does that, and it's really what we're all looking for, they as manufacturers should know of some magical combinations with their product, yet they dont give us that info.

Last edited:
I also think recommended accompanying equipment would be great, but no audio manufacturer ever does that, and it's really what we're all looking for, they as manufacturers should know of some magical combinations with their product, yet they dont give us that info.
Art Audio provides some recommended speakers for the amps they make and list them on the web pages. See bottom of specs spreadsheet near bottom of power amplifier pages.http://www.artaudio.com/products.html

I don't like it either. Where's their pride in the history of their technology? ML owners aren't JUST about new technology. These components become part of our homes, things we live with for decades and we have alot of loyalty to what we enjoy our music/movies through. There needs to be alot more emphasis of where they've been to push us where they're going.

Agreed.

Another problem I have, besides the main ones of troublesome navigation and terrible images of the speakers, is the way the main image blanks out when you open a side menu. I like the effect down near the bottom in the quicklinks section, but doing it for the whole page is too distracting.

A simple suggestion I'd have would be to take what they currently have...do a real photo shoot (either of their entire speaker lineup arranged somehow...that would be sweet...or of their summits in a room like the one in their main page. But ACTUALLY set up...and not photoshopped in) I want the focus to be on the speakers, not the fireplace and the furniture.

Second, take out the ESL/Design Series seperation, and have all the products in the first level menu. Within this menu you can have little labels for each section...and break them out into ESL/Design or Front/Surround/Center/Sub/Discontinued, etc. But take out that extra level of navigation.

Then, stop the menu navigation from whiting out the main picture. If they want to have an Applications section...have that link to a page that breaks it out...maybe with a "Build your system" type tool. Don't repeat the exact same menu, just in a different order.

Lastly, you already had a "landing page" as your main site. Once you get to the product page...I want info and pictures...not another landing page. Put a few basics, a few review quotes, and a few basic pictures on the page...then we can go searching deeper for the details.

All of those, except for the pictures (if they have to go out and take them) are simple and quick to change. I think it'd go a long way towards making it a better website.

I agree that finding information on equipment that works well would be nice...but you might risk alienating those that you don't include. I think it's best to set general guidelines (such as "Works best with high power amplifiers that can handle loads down to .7 Ohms")

Hello from Berlin,

I have no problems to navigate this new site. The oversea-links seems to be not completed. And, remember your posts when the Summit was released new. Today most of us love it. I think it will be the same with this new ML website.

Frank K. ( e2)

Two reasons for ESL and Designer Series sections:

1. ESL are made in Kansas. Designer Series are made in China.

2. There are different Dealers, one only sells Designer Series.

I hope they bring back the archived information on past products. Considering the amound of ML gear thats offered for sale on the used market it was quite helpful....

Tj

Tj Bassi said:
I hope they bring back the archived information on past products. Considering the amound of ML gear thats offered for sale on the used market it was quite helpful....

Tj

Are you taking about the .PDF manuals and brochures?

Because if you are, they are still on the site.

Go to.
About ML > Literature.

There is also a Video section that was not on the older site.

Ah, so they are....I feel better already! Thanks for the info.

Tj

"Two reasons for ESL and Designer Series sections:

2. There are different Dealers, one only sells Designer Series."

So where does the Clarity fit. It is a true Hybrid-lower end made in Asia, ESL panel made in the US, and probably assembled in the US.

Is the dealer issue the reason it is not listed as the ESL it is?

Joel

jmschnur said:
"Two reasons for ESL and Designer Series sections:

2. There are different Dealers, one only sells Designer Series."

So where does the Clarity fit. It is a true Hybrid-lower end made in Asia, ESL panel made in the US, and probably assembled in the US.

Is the dealer issue the reason it is not listed as the ESL it is?

Joel

It isn't an ESL Series product. It is a Designer Series product. There are 3 forms of dealers: ESL, Designer, and Showcase. Showcase carry all speakers from both lines and the Statements, ESL carry all but the Statements (and soon to come new top of the line speaker), Designers only carry the Designer products of which Clarity is the top of the line speaker.

Designer products are for the custom installer who generally doesn't have a showroom. They carry the Designer line and the Clarity is their top speaker.

I personally think "Designer," is an ok clarification. I however don't agree with the ESL designation. It confuses people. Obviously the Descent doesn't have an ESL panel, but its an ESL Series product.

I noticed Martin Logan has made some changes to the new site.

If you click on your country (USA), then at the main page click on ESL or designer series you are taken to a new page. Before it just prompted you click on a category on the left side of the screen.

New ML corporate

Dolfin: you are absolutely on the money, its like giving respect to the hard work from the past that formed the foundation to launch these future models.

Zip3kx07 said:
I noticed Martin Logan has made some changes to the new site.

If you click on your country (USA), then at the main page click on ESL or designer series you are taken to a new page. Before it just prompted you click on a category on the left side of the screen.

It's an improvement. Although I absolutely hate how the page goes opaque when you move the curser.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and yell... er, comment on the site.

Joey_V said:
I'm going to call them tomorrow and yell... er, comment on the site.

You won't be the first person.

I am surprised how many people are upset over the new web site.

Last edited:
Quote "check out the section for Europe... whose the moran that still thinks 'Yugoslavia' exists?"
Answer: Apparently the same one who does not know how to spell "Turkey"... :eek:

MJN said:
Quote "check out the section for Europe... whose the moran that still thinks 'Yugoslavia' exists?"
Answer: Apparently the same one who does not know how to spell "Turkey"... :eek:

I believe that's actually the correct spelling for Turkey in their own language, minus the missing umlauts over the Ü.

But you are still correct MJN, because they are not consistent, as Croatia would actually be, Horvatska and Germany is Deutschland if they were following that rule.

It seems ML hasn't even taken some of the pointers from all the well though out critique we've given them. They're definitely working with a sub standard interactive agency, if you can call them that. (sigh)

Oh and I really like how they took the image from the home page and did a horizontal flip so it looks as if they have two different images for another page on the same speaker.

Must be in the air. Musical Fidelity also changed their site, which I don't care for. The scroll within the scroll is a sign of someone else not knowing what they are doing.

Last edited:
Back