If cost were no object, what AV gear would you own?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I were to get a turntable for one of my dream systems, it would be this one. The Clearaudio Statement.

Attachments

• C41100 turntable.jpg
    C41100 turntable.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 197
I'd love to be able to trade my SME 10 for a 30. That's about it for the 2ch system...

But I'd like the 108" plasma I saw at CES last year for the living room.

Avalon is talking about sending me the Sentinels after this years CES, because I'm one of the few reviewers with a floor that will hold 1800 lbs!!

We'll see about that!

I'd love to be able to trade my SME 10 for a 30. That's about it for the 2ch system...

Avalon is talking about sending me the Sentinels after this years CES, because I'm one of the few reviewers with a floor that will hold 1800 lbs!!

We'll see about that!

Several of us got to hear Acoustic Sounds reference system, which included the SME 20/2 with an SME IV.Vi arm and Koetsu cartridge, Pass amplification, and the Sentinels. Chad played some Blue Heaven test pressings and the sound was simply awesome. I would go for an SME 20/2 in a heartbeat if I could afford it!

Last edited:

We'll see about that!

It's amazing when one has to take into account the construction limitations of a house with regards to a speaker! Avalon Sentinels are a pair I've wanted to hear and almost had my shot at the 2007 Meet...

In addition to badly wanting the Sentinel, I think if it was me, I'd gladly take the ClearAudio Statement and build from that bad boy!

Joey

The turntable/arm/cartridge combo, or cd player is the most important component in a system...Garbage in, garbage out. Has anyone heard the JBL Everests? Ears Nova in NYC has them on demo.

The turntable/arm/cartridge combo, or cd player is the most important component in a system...Garbage in, garbage out. Has anyone heard the JBL Everests? Ears Nova in NYC has them on demo.

Everests are said to be really good speakers... I read about them online and on either TAS or Stereophile, I forget which.

Joey

Now that is out of control. He must be single. Even if I won the lottery and had money to burn I'm pretty sure my wife would have something to say. Like scale it down by 50% and fund the construction of a church some where. :think: Hmmm, unless that is a church! :eek: If so I want to convert! ;)

Of the 53 responses to this thread there were only 18 members that mentioned speakers and of those 18. 10 would go with speakers other than Martin Logan. Just an observation.

Of the 53 responses to this thread there were only 18 members that mentioned speakers and of those 18. 10 would go with speakers other than Martin Logan. Just an observation.
That happens when you have a bang-for-the-buck product like Martin Logans. Throw cost out the window and their are other choices.

Martin Logan, a great value.

Sentinels are on the way here after CES! Ill be interested to see what they do in my room.

Just sold my SME 10 to step up to a 20...
Found out there is a 6 month waiting list!

Arrgh! Didn't think my 10 would sell in five minutes...

Sentinels are on the way here after CES! Ill be interested to see what they do in my room.

Just sold my SME 10 to step up to a 20...
Found out there is a 6 month waiting list!

Arrgh! Didn't think my 10 would sell in five minutes...

When we were at Acoustic Sounds we were told they were "in stock". Of course this is probably for those paying retail rather than an industry "accomodation" price afforded to big shot audio magazine publishers...from what I heard it will be worth the wait! At least you did say you have other backup tables so all is not lost, right?

May be the most asinine thing I have ever seen...

Really, why?

I think it looks cool as all get out and would love to hear it.

Electron Luv gear is some of the most amazing stuff I've ever heard! Gotta love their Industrial Design too...

Attachments

• josh_hero.jpg
    josh_hero.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 219
Back