If cost were no object, what AV gear would you own?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing beats that setup bar none.... insane to the membrane and something that makes us all look relatively... er... sane. HOLY MOTHER OF BEJEBUS! :eek: :eek: :eek:

finale2_191.jpg

h3_177.jpg

The guy took out part of his back wall and removed the BAY WINDOWS! WAF would definitely deny the removal of bay windows!

Joey

Last edited:
NOTHING means business like a CRANE!!!

0076.jpg

0066.jpg

And a commercial FORKLIFT!!!

0059.jpg

And destroying your bay window!

0071.jpg

.... wow.

Last edited:
What strikes me, though, is I can't help but think that there would be some significant phasing issues with your woofers being next door.

ChordReferencePreamp-1.jpg

And this gorgeous statement monoblock amp from Chord. This thing is rated at 2,000 watts RMS @ 4 ohms! Yeah I'll take a pair.:D

Attachments

• SPM%2014000%20Ultimate%20web3.jpg
    SPM%2014000%20Ultimate%20web3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
I love the industrial design of the Chord gear, but have always found it very dry sounding to my ear.

Not really into the V of AV but for 2 channel I most likely would be satisfied with a pair of Statements, A few Krell EVO Monos, my current Wadia will work till they come out with something better, and without a doubt i would tie it all together with Synergistic Research Tesla cables. I would also pay to have the railroad about a half mile away rerouted closer to Metamora.

I'm not into V either, but to choose the dream system is a difficult task at best. There is so much good stuff out there, it's incredible. Would I have the big Wilson's, the top of the line ARC goodies, and what turntable/arm/cartridge combo? Who knows? I do know that expensive digital wouldn't be on my mind.

Looking back through the thread, nothing's really changed for me:

SOURCE: Goldmund or dCS
AMPLIFICATION: ARC
SPEAKERS: ML Statement e2x or Avalon.

wow......

Not too much would change from what I now have. Probably swap out my Benchmark DAC1 and Theta Data basic for a Meridian 808 and perhaps (only perhaps) my Aragon Palladiums would go in favor of a Pair of Pass Labs XA 200.5 monos.

As there is "many" audio and audio/video gear that I would love to own, here's one that kinda struck my fancy.

Evolution Acoustics MM3 $50,000 pair

untitled.jpg

Back