If cost were no object, what AV gear would you own?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STV

Reaction score
I know that there are many high quality electronics and speakers available that are bargain priced (by audiophile standards that is ;)), that sound phenomenal. And many of us love them. But what if you could buy "any" piece of audio/video gear that your heart desired? What stuff would you all just love to own? This includes speakers (Martin Logan or other)

Some of my Dream Gear. :D

Boulder 2010 Preamplifier W/Boulder 2000 Triple Power Supply

Attachments

• Boulder preamp.jpg
    Boulder preamp.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
I like your taste! A set of the largest Boulder monoblocks, Wadia's top o'the line transport/DAC combo and some Wilson X-2 and dual XS subs. And thats just in the living room. ;)

I like your taste! A set of the largest Boulder monoblocks, Wadia's top o'the line transport/DAC combo and some Wilson X-2 and dual XS subs. And thats just in the living room. ;)

Thanks!;) I like your taste as well! Yes a pair of Boulder 2050 monoblock amps would be sweet! Those are my picks as well.:) Yes, Wadia's flagship CD transport/DAC and Wilson speakers and subs most defnitely qualify for dream gear status. Jeez that setup would be mind blowing!:eek:

Attachments

• Boulder amp.jpg
    Boulder amp.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 406
KRELL.............. With big Statements in a big room .

Not really into the V of AV but for 2 channel I most likely would be satisfied with a pair of Statements, A few Krell EVO Monos, my current Wadia will work till they come out with something better, and without a doubt i would tie it all together with Synergistic Research Tesla cables. I would also pay to have the railroad about a half mile away rerouted closer to Metamora.

I would also pay to have the railroad about a half mile away rerouted closer to Metamora.

Are you nuts ??? !!!! 10, 000 ton coal trains clammering through in the middle of the nite, what could be better than that ? !!!!, LOL !

My ultimate CD/SACD player, The Goldmund Eidos Reference. 190 lbs of Swiss engineering, and it only costs $75,000.:D

2453583300045465090S600x600Q85.jpg

2567540120045465090S600x600Q85.jpg

2589687210045465090S600x600Q85.jpg

thumbnail_2875_1.jpg

Pretty much goes without saying...

I think the main thing I'd want (and I think this counts as audio equipment) is the room. Maybe a small church...

Very expensive equipment is great but I have heard very expensive systems sound like crap. I think when choosing the ultimate system I would like synergy first and price second.

I think the best system I have heard was the MBL system at CES last year. I think that would cost your about 500k without any room treatments.

With audio it is always the law of diminishing returns and the most expensive stuff will not always work with your type of music or your ears' expectations.

Ok enough rambalings!!!

But I really like my Dali, Conrad Johnson, Esoteric combo. I am pretty close to reaching sonic nirvana or whatever the he!! they call it.

The new Conrad Johnson phono stage and a VPI Aries 3 would be a nice addition. (Those are both forth coming by Xmas)

I think the best system I have heard was the MBL system at CES last year. I think that would cost your about 500k without any room treatments.

Diamonds and I are on the same page here! I don't care for that dual 101X thing, I'd rather just have a pair of 101e's...hell, we are dreaming, how about a set of FIVE of them or even SEVEN for the FULL A/V experience! That is some overkill there! Throw in a SUPER projector and a 150" screen and of course all the MBL gear to drive those speakers and I will be GOOD TO GO!

Or maybe this:

Attachments

• Acapella_Spharon_Excalibur3.jpg
    Acapella_Spharon_Excalibur3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 376
Well, my ultimate source and speakers have been mentioned - the Goldmund and the Statements. Of course!

Now for amps.....

An Audio Research REF3 driving either some REF600s or the Halcro DM88s!

Attachments

• ref3.jpg
    ref3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 369
  • ref600.jpg
    ref600.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 387
  • halcro.jpg
    halcro.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 708
And in addition to my Statements:

A pair of Avalod Eidolon Diamonds...

Attachments

• statement.jpg
    statement.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 371
  • ava.jpg
    ava.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 364
And as for the Goldmund, I'd strongly compare to the stack of dCS gear Verdi / Purcell / Delius / Verona etc.....

Attachments

• dcs.jpg
    dcs.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 492
And as for the Goldmund, I'd strongly compare to the stack of dCS gear Verdi / Purcell / Delius / Verona etc.....

Yes indeed, I'd have dCS as well.:D I would definitely compare the two with the same speaker setup, but ultimately would have the Goldmund in one 2 channel system and the DCS in a second 2 channel system.:D

For me it would be a complete McIntosh reference system: MC2KW mono blocs, C1000 pre-amp, MDA/MCD1000, their soon to be released AP1000 & VP1000, XRT2K speakers, & the XCS2K center channel speaker. With that I would never leave the music/theater room. :bowdown:

Latest posts

Back