Has anyone heard the Sonus Faber Concertino Domus?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a suggestion for you, ATC speakers are used all over the world in studios for monitoring and they consistently recieve great reviews in the HiFi press.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing just this morning - Along with the ProAcs and the Audio Physics, the ATC SCM-11 would be a great choice, and maybe a bit cheaper?

Attachments

• atc.jpg
    atc.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 485
Go STUDIO PRO!!!

haven't heard them, but I would recommend you check out some studio monitors..... xlr balanced inputs..... super flat frequency response down the line.....cheap-ish......elegant..... what more can I say?

These are the KRK vxt8 .... 8 inch driver, and tweeter, seperate amps for each.

37Hz - 22kHz +/-1.5dB freq. resp.

I believe i have seen them go for ~600 each, so 1200 for the pair.... nothing else needed. No amps, etc. All required components are inside the unit, making them active monitors.

Trust me, they sound good.....not at the same level as summits, just different... but still very impressive reproduction....and to be expected from a studio near field monitor.

If you feel like coming to the west burbs, you can audition some :cool:

I have listened to many monitors, and although many people tend to like the mackie 824, I can't seem to figure out why? They sound like the happy curve was placed on the eq.... very unflat freq response....the KRK are extremely flat on the other hand....

just my .02:music:

Attachments

• vxt8.jpg
    vxt8.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 436
Someone mentioned the Mackie HR824 as a possible solution. I have a pair connected to my computer (via an M-Audio Delta 1010 and an M Patch passive) and have enjoyed great sound. I would never connect the computer directly to my Pathos amp and Vantages, with all the transients and weird stuff that may happen in the computer audio stream, but the passive and the Mackies have always been robust performers. Another thing, the Mackies are sold in matched pairs for extra accuracy in their response.

I am thinking of going to active nearfield monitors for my PC setup. The Mackie are on my short list...although they are probably out of my price range. Tannoy makes some nice ones, the older Audax ones are nice as well...havent heard the KRKs, but they look swell. :) I would need to add a dedicated sound card, but small sacrifice to get great sound at its simplest. :)

I am thinking of going to active nearfield monitors for my PC setup. The Mackie are on my short list...although they are probably out of my price range. Tannoy makes some nice ones, the older Audax ones are nice as well...havent heard the KRKs, but they look swell. :) I would need to add a dedicated sound card, but small sacrifice to get great sound at its simplest. :)

Get one that at least supports 96/24. That, coupled with a bit-perfect media player that upsamples (e.g. foobar2000 on PC) can get you sound at the level of a high-end CDP.

Listened to some Vienna Acoustic Haydns.... they sounded pretty good. Quick bass and nice imaging.

But I still want Sonus Fabers for some reason...

I think I'm a born polygamist.... when it comes to speakers.

Joey :)

Latest posts

Back