Cool custom goodies at CEDIA in the ML Booth!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
Been hanging out at the ML booth a lot at Cedia and if you didn't know, they are going to be offering a ton of cool finish upgrades for the Summits and if that goes well, some of the other speakers!

Keep an eye on the website!

Would the'add-ons" be available for our exsisting speakers or would they only be available for new purchasers?

During our 2007 get-together at the facory, they showed us plenty of new finish options for various models (but mostly Summits).

See pics in this thread:
http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showpost.php?p=50097&postcount=7

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showpost.php?p=50155&postcount=18

They must have taken a few of those to CEDIA.

As for retrofits, I'm sure there is a market for trim replacement (just like with the old wood trim panels) for newer models. So I'd expect them to make Summit trim boards available as options.

However, Airframe colors or box finishes are probably a one-time shot when ordering new ones.

Something like these (pics courtesey of our Prez, Tom):

Attachments

• SummitTrim.jpg
    SummitTrim.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 498
  • SummitTrim2.jpg
    SummitTrim2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 501
Yep, that's the stuff...

Devin Zell hinted around that once they fill existing orders, we might be able to get some of those goodies, but I didn't hold his feet to the flame!

However, I'd love to swap out my blue lights for lime green!!

I had a great time with the ML folks, they seem like a great bunch.
They had a very cool booth as well and I look forward to working
with them more in the future!

Whoa, cool. I always wanted those metal(brushed aluminum?) rails for my Odysseys. I wonder what their upcharge is going to be for paint?

John

Jeff, you did not pick up any rumours on the CLX project while you were there?
Best Regards
Svein

I want red lights emanating from the back of my Summits.....

Oh.. and I recall talking to the ML guys and they were thinking about shooting up lasers/hi intensity LED around the airframe so that the panel itself glows a certain color!

I thought that was a neat option!

Joey

Jeff, you did not pick up any rumours on the CLX project while you were there?
Best Regards
Svein

From what they told me the CLX is a definite go...
Sometime next year. There is a setting on the new Descent for the CLX, so it looks good to me!

Trust me, I am VERY excited about this project!!

I just hope that we will get the scoop on them...

From what they told me the CLX is a definite go...
Sometime next year. There is a setting on the new Descent for the CLX, so it looks good to me!

Trust me, I am VERY excited about this project!!

I just hope that we will get the scoop on them...

ML is definitely taking their time with the CLX... this would prove that they are real serious about getting the product right and perfect from the getgo.

Looking forward to the next stat from our favorite stat maker.

Joey :cool:

Back