Also had a new auditory experience

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Reaction score
My wife and I went out for bagels one morning and to make a long story short, this followed us home. I heard the sound and couldn't resist. A warmed over motor (500hp) with a Billy Boat exhaust sounds nice in most acoustic situations.

Attachments

• Copy of DSC01270 (Medium).JPG
    Copy of DSC01270 (Medium).JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 152
Craig, You LUCKY DOG !!! Gotta Love the C-6 !! 500hp ??....ZO-6 #'s, but it dosen't look like a ZO-6 ??? Tell us more !!!

Remeber I gotta "Bowtie" tattoed on my butt !!!

Remeber I gotta "Bowtie" tattoed on my butt !!!
Remember? Hell I'm trying to get the mental image to go away.

It's not a Z06 but it'll run right along with a stock one. It's wicked fast when you want it to be and cruises nice when you're easy on the throttle. However, there is a resonant exhaust drone when cruising around 1400-1600 rpm. Sleepysurf's ears are probably still ringing from last weeks ride over to a fellow audiophiles house to listen to his system. Sometimes the bass can be a little overwhelming. New chrome pipe speakers for the rear may be in order.

It's an almost brand new '07 with all the goodies but nav. The previous owner put about $7k into the engine and exhaust to boost it to 500hp since he felt 400hp just wouldn't cut it. Shortly afterwards he traded it in on Z06. I considered new Vettes but this one came with a discount I couldn't resist.

I have to make room for the new ride so I'll be having a garage sale that will include a 69 RS/SS 396, Hugger Orange, Deluxe Houndstooth. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Here's the car on the tuner's website.
http://www.corvettedoctor.com/2007_C6_500HP Package.html

Last edited:
That looks pretty good!! Is the SS/RS under the cover next to it? That is a hell of a impulse by! You must have been thinking about it for some time and that one just hit the spot at the right time!

We have a couple of C6's in the hood...VERY NICE! They are starting to grow on me (but I don't think the ZO6 C6 ever will...just to ugly for me) but I am still not happy about he copying of the Ferrari 550 headlights...

Nice garage! Here is mine:

Attachments

• garopndone.jpg
    garopndone.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 139
  • carsfrnt.jpg
    carsfrnt.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 134
That looks pretty good!! Is the SS/RS under the cover next to it? That is a hell of a impulse by! You must have been thinking about it for some time and that one just hit the spot at the right time!

We have a couple of C6's in the hood...VERY NICE! They are starting to grow on me (but I don't think the ZO6 C6 ever will...just to ugly for me) but I am still not happy about he copying of the Ferrari 550 headlights...

OMG!! That is INSANE!!:eek:

:wow: :wow: :wow:
You lucky bastard
I'm in the wrong line of work.

You lucky bastard
I couldn't afford one of those cars

You lucky bastard
Hell I couldn't afford the garage their in.

You have more cars than I have pairs of shoes!

Below is a small portion of Jay Leno's Garage:

Just so you'll know what the rest of us felt when we pulled up the pictures of your garage.:D

Attachments

• JayLenoGarage5.jpg
    JayLenoGarage5.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 130
My wife and I went out for bagels one morning and to make a long story short, this followed us home. I heard the sound and couldn't resist. A warmed over motor (500hp) with a Billy Boat exhaust sounds nice in most acoustic situations.

Hi,
Here is a video of a C6 on the dyno, it has a Lingenfelter 427 with twin turbos...:)

Hi Rez (36MB):
http://www.lingenfelter.com/C620054271038hp.mpg

Lo Rez (10MB):
http://www.lingenfelter.com/C620054271038hp320.mpg

By the way, it pulled 1038 HP on the run, and yes, that's tire smoke when he rolls it on in high gear...:eek:

Peter

Last edited:
James lives in Texas. That house cost him $11.38 ... Would have been $2M where you and I live ... Viva low labor rates! :)

Seriously though it's a big house. But all those 928s ain't cheap either :)

I don't know, James. All those Horses and not a single 911 in the stable? I guess I'm partial to the particular beauty of the 911 body style, as well as the old speedster models. The 928's and 944's etc. never did as much for me. I'm just talking about looks here, as I have never driven any of them. I have no doubt I would enjoy the driving experience of just about any model of Porshe.

I love old classic sports cars. My baby is currently being restored. She is a 1955 Jaguar XK 140 Open Two Seater, just like the one in this picture:

Attachments

• jag14055rds.jpg
    jag14055rds.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 129
I don't know, James. All those Horses and not a single 911 in the stable? I guess I'm partial to the particular beauty of the 911 body style, as well as the old speedster models. The 928's and 944's etc. never did as much for me. I'm just talking about looks here, as I have never driven any of them. I have no doubt I would enjoy the driving experience of just about any model of Porshe.

I love old classic sports cars. My baby is currently being restored. She is a 1955 Jaguar XK 140 Open Two Seater, just like the one in this picture:

Very nice car! :)

I agree with you on the 911. I love them too.

I drive a Trailblazer and who would want to see that. But just to add to the vehicular asylum here is a good friends garage. We are going to the House of Blues Friday here in Cleveland for an Aaron Lewis acoustic set, and taking one of his cars:D

Attachments

• thomas garage.jpg
    thomas garage.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 117
I drive a Trailblazer and who would want to see that. But just to add to the vehicular asylum here is a good friends garage. We are going to the House of Blues Friday here in Cleveland for an Aaron Lewis acoustic set, and taking one of his cars:D

Whaaaaaaaaaat? That's one guy's garage?

That looks like a car show!

*cries*

In all fairness they are for sale, but they are his. He actually sold Lebron James a wine colored Lambo, to match the Cavs jersey. Funny thing was Lebron didnt know how to drive stick so he had to take him a PT Cruiser to learn on.

:wow: :wow: :wow:
You lucky bastard
I'm in the wrong line of work.

You lucky bastard
I couldn't afford one of those cars

You lucky bastard
Hell I couldn't afford the garage their in.

You have more cars than I have pairs of shoes!

Below is a small portion of Jay Leno's Garage:

Now that is a SERIOUS car collector and a man after my own heart as he DRIVES ALL OF THEM! YEA BABY! Isn't that why you get them in the first place!

Thanks for the compliments, I could not afford any of the cars I have new, I bought all of them on the second hand market, all in excellent shape or brought to that condition by me for pennies on the dollar. Don't get me wrong it is NOT a cheap hobby in ANY WAY but 2 incomes, same jobs for almost 20 years now, no kids...you can play a lot!

James lives in Texas. That house cost him $11.38 ... Would have been $2M where you and I live ... Viva low labor rates! :)

Seriously though it's a big house. But all those 928s ain't cheap either :)

It is not a huge house, in fact we are near the smaller end of the scale for the new part of the neighborhood we live in. We are 3400 living, 1600 garage (the garage is climate controlled of course, so we A/C 5000 sq. ft.) and most of the houses around us are about 4500+ living and non climate controlled 3 car garages. I still prefer my house to the others though! Two of them are above 8000 sq. ft. living! YEOW! I guess the average house in my 'hood now is about $850k or so...the last few that have sold have been in the $1.05MM up to $1.55MM... I could not even afford their TAXES!

Back