All Tesla

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenscollick

Reaction score
As of last week My system now has all Tesla Cabeling. I have been a big fan of Synergistic Research for the last couple of years, they just sound natural. My first change was the interconnect going from A Designers Reference to the Tesla Apex let me know that Ted and his crew were definately on to something. Everything improved imaging, extension, and detail improved.

Next my two runs of Designers Reference were replaced by A bi wire Apex. When talking to Ted Denny I asked if I would be better off with a double run, He assured me that there would not be an improvement saving me some bucks. Hoping for the improvement that I got with my interconnects I was not dissapointed. More of the same tons of detail without being sterile. These are some musical cables. They are also visually stunning in normal lighting thay have a black jacket with gold threads. When in direct light or a camera flash they look like a flourescent bulb. Great sound and great looks what more could you ask for.

For the next few months I just enjoyed my system. OK I got the upgrade bug A couple of emails and phone calls later a big box arrived. A Hologram D for the Wadia, A Hologram A for the Krell and 3 Tesla T3's for the prodigys and the Quattro. My only regret was that I had to send my old cables as trade ins so I could not replace them one at a time. That quickly went away as I listened. How the last 5' of cable can make a difference still eludes me but they sure do. More veils came off I never would have described my speakers as muddy but the clarity and musicality that I got with the Tesla's simply has to be heard.

I would like to thank Ted Denny and his Crew for the outstanding support answering questions, and taking their time to make sure that I was satisfied with my upgrades.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?p=382#post382

............How the last 5' of cable can make a difference still eludes me but they sure do. More veils came off I never would have described my speakers as muddy but the clarity and musicality that I got with the Tesla's simply has to be heard............
Isn't it amazing how much potential there is to be unveiled in those (ML) speakers! I experienced it recently when I upgraded the capacitors in my DAC to Black Gates, and then, just when I thought everything was perfect, got an even greater improvement when I replaced the gain control in my preamp. What else is there waiting to be revealed ?

Some questions-

Does the plug ins get in the way behind your rack? Its bad enough with Powercords ,speaker cables and ICs back there then you have an extra wire (MPCs) to plug in too. How do you keep it organized?

Do the power cords have MPCs too?

I have read good things about Tesla, I am just concerned about the mess of MPC wires plugged into the ICs,and cables.

longhorn check the pictures, I do not have a rack and the components are about 20" from the wall. I probably could have bought shorter PC's but 5' is the standard. Yes the power cords do have active sheilding and all of the cables are powered by the Quattro unit. IMO the cables are fairly organized.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 801
Ken, I cant wait to listen to them as per our conversation ! They look great !

I just read about them Tesla cables from TAS recently, it's nice to see a fellow here attest to their quality.

Wow... Now, before I start - i am in a whole different league when it comes to cables (consider it the minor leagues).... I have audioquest bedrock in a bi-wire/bi-amp config with audioquest copperheads for interconnects. My power cords will be the signal cable product on the pre/amp/cd.....very shortly.... I am afraid that I am stepping into a world that I will never return from....

I have a sunfire TG III processor/sunfire cinema grand signature/denon 5900 / Odysseys.... I know the cables aren't cheap - but ... what league are these Tesla's in pricewise - and do I even have the components that could take advantage of something like this?

Opinions: given my interconnects(copperheads) / speaker cable (bedrock) - would you consider either of these something I should consider replacing? And if I were - what type of price tag would it take to push it up a notch?

I would suggest you start with the interconnect, That will pass the benefit to all components downstream. You should check the Synergistic Research website for more information on these cables.

There is also an invitation to take the "Tesla Challenge" I am not sure if the trade allowance includes other brands I was given a pretty generous trade on my older SR cables.

I got these prices off the cable company website

Interconnects Synergistic Research Tesla x4 $500.00
Interconnects Synergistic Research Tesla Vortex $750.00
Interconnects Synergistic Research Tesla Accelerator $1100.00
Interconnects Synergistic Research Acoustic Reference $1700.00
Interconnects Synergistic Research Precision Reference $2000.00
Interconnects Synergistic Research Tesla Apex $2750.00

I would suggest you start with the interconnect, That will pass the benefit to all components downstream. You should check the Synergistic Research website for more information on these cables.

There is also an invitation to take the "Tesla Challenge" I am not sure if the trade allowance includes other brands I was given a pretty generous trade on my older SR cables.

I got these prices off the cable company website

Interconnects Synergistic Research Tesla x4 $500.00
Interconnects Synergistic Research Tesla Vortex $750.00
Interconnects Synergistic Research Tesla Accelerator $1100.00
Interconnects Synergistic Research Acoustic Reference $1700.00
Interconnects Synergistic Research Precision Reference $2000.00
Interconnects Synergistic Research Tesla Apex $2750.00

As Jethro would say 'Whoooo Doggies!!!' I can imagine passing that by the spousal unit....... 'You wanna pay what? For wires??' :) Maybe we need a thread....'How to get this by the spouse'.. Now THAT would be a helpful thread!!

Getting it past the War Department is too easy. Go to ebay and purchase the SR cable that is a buy it now for $9.99, Buy your Tesla Apex and put them in the $9.99 box. As Sam Kinison said "The truth never kept anyone together".

You are happy She is happy Looks like Win-Win to me.

Getting it past the War Department is too easy. Go to ebay and purchase the SR cable that is a buy it now for $9.99, Buy your Tesla Apex and put them in the $9.99 box. As Sam Kinison said "The truth never kept anyone together".

You are happy She is happy Looks like Win-Win to me.

HAHAHAHA!!!! Yes indeed.....:rocker:

Back