What's Spinning?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just blew $12 bucks on new LP's:

John Faddis - Into the the Faddisphere
Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die
Docter Hook and The Medicine Show
Muddy Waters - After The Rain
Jimi Hendrix - Original Motion Picture Sound Track from the Rainbow Bridge
Focus 3
Johnny Cash - S'ings' Fols'om Prison Blues'

Wow! I know that was a lot of money to spend. ;) But, I think it was worth it! Not a dog in the bunch! Cheap vinyl rules!

roger waters - amused to death
roger waters - radio chaos

fantastic!

jjqiv said:
Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die

Is that the one with Freedom Rider? How's the recording? Thanks!
I love Traffic's music!

jfm said:
Is that the one with Freedom Rider? How's the recording? Thanks!
I love Traffic's music!

Yes, it contains Freedom Rider. Great song! Great sax! Carla Bley has some records with similar style sax playing. The quality of the recording is pretty good. It's not quite audiophile quality. But the music makes up for that.

Fitting music for the season !

I'm enjoying right now "Christmas Songs" from Diana Krall !

Cheers !

Wynton Marsalis, Standard Time Vol. 2: Intimacy Calling

My favorite of the three volumes, mixing the intensity of Vol. 1 and the romance of Vol. 3.

Right now, I'm listening to some of the CDs I got for Christmas:

- Harmonie Universelle
- Les Grandes Eaux Musicales de Versailles

Both are AliaVox recordings featuring music mostly from the 17th century. Both are conducted by Jordi Savall. Excellent recordings, well rendered on ML ! :D

Cheers !

Yesterday evening:

- Ray Brown, John Clayton & Christian McBride in "SuperBass 2": three friends, all excellent bass players, having fun and it shows ! Super recording (Telarc) !

- Bill Evans Trio in "Waltz for Debby". I never tire of this one as well as its sibling "Sunday at the Village Vanguard".

This afternoon:

- Renée Fleming in "Sacred Songs"

Right now:

- Jaco Pastorius "Punk Jazz, The Jaco Pastorius Anthology"

Cheers,

This batch just set me back 13 dollars and some change:

Shorty Rogers Big Band - "Jazz Waltz"
Chet - the lyrical trumpet of Chet Baker.
Big Lucky, Big Amos, Don Hines - River Town Blues
Gil Evans: Live at the Public Theater Vol.2 (New York 1980)
Clark Terry/Bob Brookmeyer Quintet - "gingerbread men"
Eric Rogers and his Orchestra - The Percussive Twenties

African blues !

Right now, I'm listening to "Kongo Magni" from Boubacar Traoré.

Well recorded Malian blues, this CD shines on MartinLogan !

Cheers !

Right now, I'm listening to: Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals - Burn to Shine.

Just gotta love Tubes, Vinyl and ML's!!

Earlier:

Kathleen Edwards - Back to Me
The Velet Underground & Nico
Blue Merle - Burning in the Sun

Next LP? Maybe: Ani Difranco - Knuckle Down

Right this second I've got Richard Thompson - Live from Austin, TX spinning (on the iPod though - I'm at work).

Tonight though I have a treat ahead - the new Kate Bush - "Aerial" on vinyl, fresh from a co-worker in the UK. :D

Can't wait!

MiTT said:
Right this second I've got Richard Thompson - Live from Austin, TX spinning (on the iPod though - I'm at work).
Well hell, that doesn't count :)
Tonight though I have a treat ahead - the new Kate Bush - "Aerial" on vinyl, fresh from a co-worker in the UK. :D

Can't wait!
I've heard at least one cut off of that on XM. It sounds really good. Kate has one of those distinctive voices - you know immediately who it is, even if you've never heard the cut before.

SteveInNC said:
Well hell, that doesn't count :)

I've heard at least one cut off of that on XM. It sounds really good. Kate has one of those distinctive voices - you know immediately who it is, even if you've never heard the cut before.
Yeah, I know it doesn't count because it's not on my home system - but hey, the MUSIC is great and had me doing a little chair dance in my office.

I've already got the Kate Bush disc (CD) and it's as good as anything she's done. If you're already a fan you'll love it. If you've never listened to her it could well make you a fan. I leant it to a co-worker and she went out the next weekend and picked up "The Hounds of Love" and "The Dreaming". My highest recommendation!

Variety

Well, studying today to a few greats:

Alison Krauss - New Favorite (vinyl)

Martina McBride - Timeless (cd - not on vinyl over here)

Also had fabulous recording of La Traviata live at Covent Garden on for past of the afternoon.

Too much music, too little time!

Cheers,

David

Latest posts

Back