What's Spinning?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjqiv

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
355
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Gatos, CA
Maria Muldar self titled album. My SL3's are making some beautiful sounds!

Before that Richie Havens: Alarm Clock. Another winner.
 
Kenny Barron Trio - "Live at Bradley's" on the main system (Odyssey).

Next in line: Madeleine Peyroux - "Dreamland"

Life is good with ML !! ;)
 
Bad Religion's The Process of Belief. As they've influenced the LA Punk scene, so they've been influenced by it in turn (I hear a lot of the Offspring in there).
 
Kaliar said:
Kenny Barron Trio - "Live at Bradley's" on the main system (Odyssey).

Next in line: Madeleine Peyroux - "Dreamland"

Life is good with ML !! ;)

Madeleine Peyroux - "Dreamland" is excellent! Unfortunately, I only have it on CD. She came out with a new album last year. Again, unfortunately, last I checked, it is only available on CD. With the increasing popularity of vinyl, hopefully it will be re-release in black.

I'm not familiar with Kenny Barron. Though I did get a new (used) Kenny Burrel LP last night. I picked up about 25 new records last night.
 
Oops !

jjqiv said:
Madeleine Peyroux - "Dreamland" is excellent! Unfortunately, I only have it on CD. She came out with a new album last year. Again, unfortunately, last I checked, it is only available on CD. With the increasing popularity of vinyl, hopefully it will be re-release in black.

I'm not familiar with Kenny Barron. Though I did get a new (used) Kenny Burrel LP last night. I picked up about 25 new records last night.
Hi jjqiv,

Sorry but since English is not my first language, I misunderstood "spinning" for "CD spinning". I realize now my mistake ! :eek:

I unfortunately don't know if the two recordings I mentioned ("Dreamland" and "Live at Bradley's") are available on LP. No matter what, I enjoy them a lot on CD. I have known Madeleine Peyroux's first album for a few years now but it is only recently that I discovered Kenny Barron.

If you like jazz in the classic bar version, all played by very good musicians (Kenny Barron on piano, Ray Drummond on double bass and Ben Riley on drums), you're in for a treat with "Live at Bradley's". Very soothing jazz !

Enjoy !
 
Last edited:
Right now I'm "spinning" ;) some Tangerine Dream (Ricochet Part II from TD '70-'80) on my TT.

Life is good with ML !!
 
Last edited:
Kaliar said:
Hi jjqiv,

Sorry but since English is not my first language, I misunderstood "spinning" for "CD spinning". I realize now my mistake ! :eek:

CD's spin! :D Just not in my ML system for now. I moved my DAC to my upstairs system. It was going unused for the most part.

Just currious what others were playing with good results. Writing reviews is just too much of a hassle.

Currently spinning: David Murray Big Band - Live at <<Sweet Basil>> Vol. 2
 
Last night

Miles Davis with Sonny Rollins - 'Dig' (Vinyl)

Pink Martini 'Hang on Little Tomato' (CD)

Cheers,

David
 
CD's spin! Just not in my ML system for now. I moved my DAC to my upstairs system. It was going unused for the most part. Just currious what others were playing with good results. Writing reviews is just too much of a hassle.
Hi jjqiv,

I have to agree whith your assessment ! I much prefer to listen to music than listen and write about it ! ;)

Yesterday evening:

Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess (LP)
John Coltrane - Live at Birdland (LP)

Right now:

Beethoven - Symphonien Nos 7 & 8 (BPO - Abbado) on DVD-Audio

Life is good with ML !! ;)
 
Last edited:
Desert Blues

Desert Blues 1 - Ambiances du Sahara

A fantastic collection (2 CDs for Volume 1) of African ballads that shine on MartinLogans. It is found on the Network label (german). I just got it this afternoon and like it so much that I'm ordering the second set.

Enjoy !
 
Last edited:
Some recent standouts:

David Bowie - Station to Station
Taj Mahal - De Ole Folks At Home
Eric Clapton - E.C. Was Here
Mile Davis - E.S.P.
Django Reinhardt - The Imortal
Lou Donaldson - At His Best
Jack Johnson - In between Dreams
Original Blues Classics (OBC-1202)
Rimsky - Korsakov Scheherazade Opus 35, Bamberg Symphony, Jonel Perla, conductor
 
In heavy rotation this week:

- Jordi Savall "Tous les matins du monde" [AliaVox]
- Patricia Barber "Live : A Fortnight in France" [Blue Note]
- Jan Garbarek "Selected Recordings" [ECM]
- Eberhard Weber "Selected Recordings" [ECM]
- Tord Gustavsen Trio "Changing Places" [ECM]
- "Desert Blues 1- Ambiances du Sahara" [Network]

Cheers !
 
Last edited:
Yesterday and Today's Standouts

Ben Harper and The Inocent Criminals - Burn to Shine. Very Good 1!
Oregon - Out of the Woods. Relaxin'!
John Coltrane - Kula Se Mama. Say Mama!
Beatles- Let It Be. It Be!
 
Yesterday's spinning
Kevyn Lettau "Braziljazz"
Kevyn Lettau "Another Season"
Jane Monheit "Taking A Chance On Love" (This one really makes my ML's worth every penny)

Jeff
 
Kaliar said:
In heavy rotation this week:

- Jordi Savall "Tous les matins du monde" [AliaVox]
- Patricia Barber "Live : A Fortnight in France" [Blue Note]
- Jan Garbarek "Selected Recordings" [ECM]
- Eberhard Weber "Selected Recordings" [ECM]
- Tord Gustavsen Trio "Changing Places" [ECM]
- Ambiances du Sahara "Desert Blues 1" [Network]

Cheers !

Great, an ECM fan! These recordings always sound great, especially on Logans.
 
Desert Blues 2 - Rêves d'oasis

I received this afternoon the second volume of "Desert Blues" and have been listening twice to each CD. Well, the sequel is as good as the original volume !

If you want to listen to well-recorded African ballads, try it. You're in for a rewarding musical experience !

References:

"Desert Blues 1 - Ambiances du Sahara" (Network 58.774 - 2 CDs set)
"Desert Blues 2 - Rêves d'oasis" (Network 22.762 - 2 CDs set)
 
Back
Top