What's Spinning?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe he's just incredibly surprised that this incarnation has lasted this long, and feels he must push the envelope a bit more to achieve banishment???? :confused:

David Prall said:
Maybe he's just incredibly surprised that this incarnation has lasted this long, and feels he must push the envelope a bit more to achieve banishment???? :confused:
So in order to stay, I have to kiss your ass? Why don't you go back and read my posts? You might actually learn something :mad:

Rik_Rankin said:
So in order to stay, I have to kiss your ass? Why don't you go back and read my posts? You might actually learn something :mad:

Hardly.... you're entitled to your opinion. Aside from that, it wasn't my musical tastes you were maligning at the time, so I wasn't personally offended by your "opinion" anyway.

As for reading your previous posts, I haven't missed any of them, and found a message/lesson in all of them. I would guess that I'm not alone in recognizing the value you are bringing to our forum.

Best wishes,

Rik_Rankin said:
EXCUSE ME? You don't like my comment about that music so you think I should be banned? What wrong with you? I have tried to contribute in a positive way here. If you don't like what I said, it's too bad; that's why we have freedom of speech. I think the music is for weak pussies, women, or gays; that's all. It's not something a real masculine straight man would listen to IMO!

Hate speak, pure and simple. Try expressing yourself in an intelligent and mature manner.

Pathetic

jjqiv said:
Hate speak, pure and simple. Try expressing yourself in an intelligent and mature manner.
OMG, it's not hate! I don't hate any of those groups. I just think men are becoming weaker in this society. Some music, such as that Micheal Bolton dreck was directed at women (he is singing to women and not a man unless you are gay or a complete loser!) I think the same is true of that Blunt guy who has to use profanity to get his pathetic message across (he can't talk to a woman he sees and will never see her again; maybe because he is afraid of rejection). If you think that's man's music, then go ahead and enjoy it!!!

Excellent...

Kaliar said:
Yesterday evening:

- Toumani Diabaté & Ballaké Sissoko "New Ancient Strings"
- Maurizio Pollini "Chopin, Nocturnes"

Right now:

- Jordi Savall and Hespérion XXI "Altre Follie 1500-1750"

Next in line:

- Andrés Segovia "The Segovia Collection (Vol. 1)"

Cheers !
Kaliar,

:D Wonderful recommendations. The only one I have of these is Andres Segovia - Vol. 1 "Bach", and I love it. :) I'm going to have to check the rest of these out in detail, as I really enjoy soft relaxing classical music at times...

Thanks again. ;) :)

Rik_Rankin said:
EXCUSE ME? You don't like my comment about that music so you think I should be banned? What wrong with you? I have tried to contribute in a positive way here. If you don't like what I said, it's too bad; that's why we have freedom of speech. I think the music is for weak pussies, women, or gays; that's all. It's not something a real masculine straight man would listen to IMO!
Ok.. I'm gonna chime in about a couple of things here...
There is nothing positive about your post, Rik. You're saying that you think this music sucks - you are definitely entitled to have your opinion about this and we all respect each other and their opinions here at the ML Club.

Music is SO subjective - everyone has their own likes and dislikes - everyone knows this. For you to post this on the forum is wrong and you're better off keeping this kind of comment to yourself because you'll only p1ss people off. Maybe that is what you're trying to do. You've definitely p1ssed off anyone who is a James Blunt fan.

Your comment about "weak pussies, women or gays" is HUGELY offensive on so many levels. Members of this forum include people from all walks of life, including women and gays.

I am a masculine openly gay man. I have heard of James Blunt, but don't know his music at all. I'm not a big fan of ABBA, Barbara Striesand or Cher either... gee, imagine that!! Your stereotyping of what kind of music I probably enjoy based on my sexuality is highly offensive.

Your response to this post will determine your standing on this site. Think before you post.

Tom.

Last edited:
TomDac said:
Ok.. I'm gonna chime in about a couple of things here...
There is nothing positive about your post, Rik. You're saying that you think this music sucks - you are definitely entitled to have your opinion about this and we all respect each other and their opinions here at the ML Club.

Music is SO subjective - everyone has their own likes and dislikes - everyone knows this. For you to post this on the forum is wrong and you're better off keeping this kind of comment to yourself because you'll only p1ss people off. Maybe that is what you're trying to do. You've definitely p1ssed off anyone who is a James Blunt fan.

Your comment about "weak pussies, women or gays" is HUGELY offensive on so many levels. Members of this forum include people from all walks of life, including women and gays.

I am a masculine openly gay man. I have heard of James Blunt, but don't know his music at all. I'm not a big fan of ABBA, Barbara Striesand or Cher either... gee, imagine that!! Your stereotyping of what kind of music I probably enjoy based on my sexuality is highly offensive.

Your response to this post will determine your standing on this site. Think before you post.

Tom.
Your sexual preferences are not the issue regarding your choice of music. My point was that some of that music emasculates men and makes them appear weak whatever their choices. I simply won't post my comments regarding music unless it is to say something positive. I believe I did that on some of the jazz recommendations. then you said "Your stereotyping of what kind of music I probably enjoy based on my sexuality is highly offensive." I have no idea where you got that from. I didn't say because you are gay, you are going to like certain artists. There is however some music which is directed at a gay audience. Many people felt disco was and I am a straight guy who happens to like some of that. I have tried to contribute something positive here on this forum. (Obviously this message did not come out well) If you want me to continue to do so, I will. If you want me to disappear, you don't have to "BAN" me. I'll peddle my opinions elsewhere

Hi,

Newish purchases for the Vantages and upocming MC275 IV:

Carla Bruni warbling en francais -- (a GREAT disc!)
John Frusciante "Will to Death" -- track 12 over and over
Kathryn Williams "Little Black Numbers" -- very immediate
XRCD Bill Evans -- this thing has such weirdly potent bass that I think I prefer the original
The Dears "No Cities Left" -- wistful and tons of space

happy listening,

k

Carla Bruni

Hi kirkawall !

Thanks for reminding me of Carla Bruni ! I have to re-listen to her album.

Take care,

Robin said:
Kaliar,

:D Wonderful recommendations. The only one I have of these is Andres Segovia - Vol. 1 "Bach", and I love it. :) I'm going to have to check the rest of these out in detail, as I really enjoy soft relaxing classical music at times...

Thanks again. ;) :)
Hi Robin,

Try Chopin's Nocturnes by Pollini. If you like piano, I think you'll love the album !

Take care,

Rik,I definitely don't want to ban anyone... ever - it sucks. You're an ML owner and can and have definitely contributed positively to the site and most of us here pride ourselves on the fact that this place is friendly and respectful.

I'm on a few other forum sites where it gets really ugly. None of us want that here, so please think about how someone may react to your thoughts before you post them.

That's all I ask.

Thanks.

Tom.

Chopin's Nocturnes by Maurizio Pollini...

Kaliar said:
Hi Robin,

Try Chopin's Nocturnes by Pollini. If you like piano, I think you'll love the album !

Take care,
Kaliar,

Yes, I have this one on my wish list and will acquire it soon. :)
Thanks again for the recommendation, i appreciate it. ;) :)

TomDac said:
Rik,I definitely don't want to ban anyone... ever - it sucks. You're an ML owner and can and have definitely contributed positively to the site and most of us here pride ourselves on the fact that this place is friendly and respectful.

I'm on a few other forum sites where it gets really ugly. None of us want that here, so please think about how someone may react to your thoughts before you post them.

That's all I ask.

Thanks.

Tom.
I absolutely will remember and abide by that in the future

Grnals barkley..................................that dang tune is so catchy.

I must be crazy too. :D

Earlier tonight:

- Rammstein "Rosenrot" (I needed to test the Depth !) :D

Right now:

- Ali Farka Touré "Savane"

Next in line:

- Claude Bolling with Jean-Pierre Rampal "Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano"

Cheers,

Cohen Live: Leonard Cohen In Concert
Holst - The Planets - Charles Dutoit Montreal Symphony Orchestra
Rebecca Pidgeon The Raven

Leonard Cohen...

deeman said:
Cohen Live: Leonard Cohen In Concert
Holst - The Planets - Charles Dutoit Montreal Symphony Orchestra
Rebecca Pidgeon The Raven
deeman,

:D Welcome to the ML Club!
I simply love all of the songs he did for "Pump UP The Volume" film. Like, "If It Be Your Will" and "Everybody Knows"(UK slow version)... :D I'll check-out your other recommendations as well. ;)

Miles Davis

Yesterday evening was Miles Davis' night:

- "Miles Ahead"
- "Sketches of Spain"
- "Miles Smiles"

Cheers !

Latest posts

Back