OLED TV image burn in, mine has it now

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

Robert D

Reaction score
Brand new out of the box $2200 85 inch Sony TV bad out of the box. Seems everything I buy now is broken. The new Martin Logan Focus speaker I bought had a lose speaker terminal.

This has a back light failure according to the light blink series of 4 flashes. Turn it on and a few minutes later it turns off and then won't come back on.

Going to have them take the piece of junk back and get an LG. The Best Buy site was full of complaints of this sane issue. I should have listened.

Sony XBR no longer means quality I guess.

Robert D

Reaction score
Now I have to shell out more $$ to have my installer come back again.

spkrdctr

Reaction score
Robert D I hope the second time is the charm. But yes, I hoped when I was warning of current TV quality that you would not get bit by the CRAP that is sold nowadays. Oh well. It should hopefully end up with you getting a great TV. Remember price is NOT a predictor of quality. Every electronic just about made today is full of parts just waiting to fail on us the buyer. It's really a wonder anything works.

Robert D

Reaction score
Robert D I hope the second time is the charm. But yes, I hoped when I was warning of current TV quality that you would not get bit by the CRAP that is sold nowadays. Oh well. It should hopefully end up with you getting a great TV. Remember price is NOT a predictor of quality. Every electronic just about made today is full of parts just waiting to fail on us the buyer. It's really a wonder anything works.
Well, the Nano LG I have coming is about $300 more expensive. I'm like you though and try to not connect higher price with better quality. It's hard to disassociate the two. I didnt chose the LG because it was more expensive though, it's the features it has and my past experiences.

I've had 3 Samsumg tvs go out in under 5 years. One had a horizontal band of pixels go out in 2 years. So I don't trust them. Plus, Samsung can't do dolby vision. Such a shame.

LG was ok for me, just had the burn in on the OLED, but thats something inherent in OLED tech. Otherwise that tv is still solid.

I bought a Sony XBR back in the late 90s that was an HD crt. It was one of the 1st out. It wasn't even wide screen ratio, but rather the old square shape if I remember right. It was like a tank and lasted many years, no burn in.

Latest posts