Martin Logan - Super Systems... Seeing / Hearing is Believing

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:music: There are electrostatics that twist, curve and even flow around corners, like this Nakamichi has developed. Interesting concept anyway... :) But I would imagine Nakamichi's ESL's are just no comparison to Martin Logan's big sound. :D

Don't prejudge, they may stomp the MLs or they may suck but one can't assume either position. One of the finest ESL EVER built was the Stax ELS F81 which was horribly inefficient ~82dB/w/m, highly reactive and in general a bear to drive and based on specs we thought they wouldn't sound to good. We were wrong, they were better than the Quad ESL63 and IIRC, though audio memory is pretty poor, they were actually better than the CLS I/II. Who'd have guessed!

Not Logan's, but they are ribbons and a lot of them at 9 feet tall with enough Krell power to light up NY :rocker:

Attachments

• 1135450480.jpg
    1135450480.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 3,108
All I can say is holy cr@p.....

Even with all the equipment I'd bet that the music is more valuable! It appears that Mr. Li has got the bucks to do it right, gear in service to music.

Not Logan's, but they are ribbons and a lot of them at 9 feet tall with enough Krell power to light up NY :rocker:

Well at least they have the right idea: three large line array speakers across the front and dual infinite baffle sub arrays.
Just about what the Dr. ordered as far as I'm concerned;)

Dreamy Descent i Bottom End Power...

:music:Descent i ML ultra bottom and fast as lighting to keep - up with ML electrostatic's. What a beautiful subwoofer... :music: What kinda lovely wood is that anyway? :confused:

Attachments

• Descent i.jpg
    Descent i.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,541
What I want to know is how a guy who lives in the world's biggest and most oppressive Communist regime got the cash together to BUY all that stuff? I thought in a communist society, people weren't allowed to collect and grow wealth? I imagine there is a VERY interesting back-story to this guy's fortune.It's interesting that they never even hint at what this guy does for his living...

But he does have some sweet gear, regardless of how many shiploads of opium he had to ship, or how many orphan children he has shackled to the sewing machines in his Nike factory or how manypolitical prisoners he has enslaved in his factory cranking out X-Boxes or whatever his story is...

--Richard

I don't know sheet about it either, but when I was in Shanghai a few months ago (1st time) it didn't feel (look, smell, taste) much different than Singapore, Korea, or anywhere else in Asia that I've been. Doing business is a little trickier, but that's about it.
I posted about the hi-fi shop I went to in Shanghai - Jolida monoblocks and the whole bit. No Logans, but he had Rogers, Spendor, and Dynaudio. Nice shop. Just trying to make a living, pretty much like the rest of the people there.

Powerful Pretty Prodigy System...

:D Hey Guys! I just found this awesome looking Prodigy system. :D

Attachments

• Prodigy System.jpg
    Prodigy System.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 899
Wild CLS iiz's...

:) Out-of-doors CLS iiz's lovely in the jungle environment don't you think? :)

Attachments

• CLS iiz Speakers.jpg
    CLS iiz Speakers.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 903
Anyone want to take a guess as to how much money was spent on the vinyl collection (200,000 + albums), all of the speakers (2 pairs of Watt/puppy and ML statements just to name a few), etc ????

Gotta be well over 500k...

I don't even think you have close to half way there at $500k. No way. As you noted there is nearly $200k of speakers just in Wilson and ML (talking todays dollars, not what he might have actually paid for them). Then you have to amplify everything. Hell, a few of his TT's w/ arms and carts are over $100k EACH! That is $1.5MM if it is a penny!

Back