Martin Logan - Super Systems... Seeing / Hearing is Believing

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even think you have close to half way there at $500k. No way. As you noted there is nearly $200k of speakers just in Wilson and ML (talking todays dollars, not what he might have actually paid for them). Then you have to amplify everything. Hell, a few of his TT's w/ arms and carts are over $100k EACH! That is $1.5MM if it is a penny!
I have to agree. Heck, 200,000 albums at just $5 each is $1M!

My Music

Brad,

I'm sorry, I do play all the time but for fun but exclusively for my work. :)Maybe one of these days at a get together or something... :p
I don't know though, you Martin Logan guys have such very well tuned ears. :music:

Hey Robin,

You bring your new Martin guitar, I'll bring the Kay upright bass and we could get a set of bongos for Joey_V. TrumpetDoug could take the leads and with the right bartender we could slay em! And probably scare the hell out of the neighborhood cats... :)

Satch

Where do I sign................

Hey Robin,

You bring your new Martin guitar, I'll bring the Kay upright bass and we could get a set of bongos for Joey_V. TrumpetDoug could take the leads and with the right bartender we could slay em! And probably scare the hell out of the neighborhood cats... :)

Satch

for the big-bucks multi-year contract!!:rocker:

Doug - out

Stray Cats Strut...

Satch & Doug,

Sounds like good clean musical fun. :music:
:)So Joey's a wildman on the Bongos... interesting. I have great respect for percussionists. Percussion can be challenging to master. Joey on the Bongos..., I really had never pictured that..., excellent food for thought though... :D

OMG!!! OK Here They Are Finially For Sale....

Demo Statement E2X's for sale on Audiogon for only 60K... :wow:

Why don't I have the $$,$$$.00 when I need it. I need to find a rich guy! ;)

:DI even like transulcent Red... :music:

Attachments

• E2 with other woofer.jpg
    E2 with other woofer.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,115
  • E2 - with woofers.jpg
    E2 - with woofers.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,096
  • E2 - Statements left side.jpg
    E2 - Statements left side.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,206
  • E2 - Statements.jpg
    E2 - Statements.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,177
^^^^^^^

Sign me up for those! I don't have any place to put them, but DAMN I would love to have them. For $60k though I'd buy a used Ferrari 456M GTA! OR I would buy a Porsche 911 Turbo (2002 996 or newer) OR a Boxster, M3, Supra, AND a Ferrari 400i!!!

Robin,

I have been exploring the sanity of various internet audiophiles.

You will be glad to know that I have categorised you as a completely insane Martin Logan lover.

And in this - the Age of the Understatement.

Justin.

Insanity has it's advantages, however. I also rate this the best thread on the whole of the site! Well done and thanks for all those insane pictures. Where on earth did they all come from?

Martin Logan Lover... I like that...

Insanity has it's advantages, however. I also rate this the best thread on the whole of the site! Well done and thanks for all those insane pictures. Where on earth did they all come from?
Justin,

Many thanks for the kind words. I am a lover of Martin Logan Speakers for sure. :p

To ansewer your question, I find all these photo's of ML gear all over the internet. I must say I do scour the net looking for just the proper ML photos. I find it relaxing as well as interesting to find a new pic to share... Fortunately, I have a Photobucket account and can convert some of the photos to useable photo forms for presentation here at The ML Club... :D

As far as my sanity or insanity, well sufficeit to say I'm is good company amoung all my audiophile friends here at the very best forum on the internet.:D

Check this out... I found another lovely Statement system...

Attachments

• Statements - larger view.JPG
    Statements - larger view.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,710
  • Statements - Bass Speaker - Larger View.JPG
    Statements - Bass Speaker - Larger View.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,752
Amazing Summits...

:)These dark cherry beauties are stunningly gorgous don't you think?

Attachments

• Summits - Dark Charry.jpg
    Summits - Dark Charry.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,802
  • Summit - Rear view.jpg
    Summit - Rear view.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,824
Sad to see such a beautiful system stuffed into such a poor room !

Sad to see such a beautiful system stuffed into such a poor room !

Just another example of proof of my maxim that "Net Worth is, more often than not, inversely proportional to Intelligence."

Seeing those Statements crammed against the walls of that tiny room breaks my heart. However, if it weren't for tin-eared, deep-pocketed status-seekers like that owner, Martin Logan may well have never made it through the 1990's, with the "high-end" market's decline, and the MASSIVE overall decline of the audio market in general. Witness the graveyard full of high-end (and mid-fi) companies that crashed and burned in the last few decades: Counterpoint, Carver, Apogee, and probably a few dozen others.

Rich fools DO serve a place in the market. It is unfortunate, however, that although they can afford such equipment, they probably couldn't hear the difference between the showcase gear they own and a stack of Sony, Pioneer, Technics, and Bose gear...

Sad, it is indeed.

But then again, The Medici were mostly idiots too, but their patronage facilitated some of the greatest art of the Renaissance. Patronage by wealthy philistines, however distasteful to the artist, is a necessary evil in a market-driven economy...

--Richard

That's all a bit harsh, Richard!!! I am sure there are quite a few rich, clever, good guys out there too... who aren't deaf and totally enjoy their hi-end systems.

Latest posts

Back