Jim Power - A great asset to the MartinLogan Corporation

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As many of us know from personal experience, Jim Power is the Service Manager at MartinLogan and is an all around stand up guy who really takes pride in taking care of customers.

Here's a great link to learn more about Jim:

http://www.us.martinlogan.com/customer_service.html

Yup Tom, that is Jim. I met him at the SCES at Chicago in June, 1987. Since then, we became good friends. Any problem that I had, he had and still has the answer right away! Good to have him!!! Outstanding service from ML. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Nice to see Jim, and the entire ML Customer Service team, being acknowledged on the ML website. That is one of the KEY aspects about ML that sets them apart from many other corporations, audio related or otherwise. As long as they maintain that personalized corporate philosophy, I will be a "customer for life!"

Nice to see Jim, and the entire ML Customer Service team, being acknowledged on the ML website. That is one of the KEY aspects about ML that sets them apart from many other corporations, audio related or otherwise. As long as they maintain that personalized corporate philosophy, I will be a "customer for life!"

Jim is a very sweet chap and very helpful & prompt. Wish I could meet him personally!!

I agree 100% with all of the praise for Jim and the service department at Martin Logan. Jim is an outstanding resource to the owners of Martin Logan loudspeakers. He is very willing to lend his knowledge and expertise to almost any problem no matter how small. He has helped me get a pair of old CLSs to sing, and gave plenty of advice on how to get the best out of them.

I hope his contributions are properly acknowledged by Martin Logan.

Thanks, Jim!!

Nice to read - I think if there is one thing on which we all agree, it is the quality of service provided by Jim and his team.

What is especially nice is that the company (Jim, as well as manufacturing, R&D, et al.) recognise that while most of us purchase ML speakers for their sound, we are also purchasing a premium product and expect the associated quality / service / longevity that goes with a premium product.

It will keep me purchasing ML well into the future, even if better sound can be had elsewhere (to a point). It is the entire "ownership experience" that makes owning ML such a pleasure - sound is just one aspect of this.

Jim is a great asset to ML and his help greatly improves the ownership experience. He once gave me an extremely cheap tweak to improve the anemic bass on my Ascents that made a night and day difference - tiles on the carpeted floor in front of the woofer. I am eternally grateful.

Other hifi companies that have excellent customer service are Ayre (Steve and Michael), Bryston (I got a call back from VP of Engineering in 2 hours), and BAT (Victor, Steve, and Geoff). Why deal with jerks or guys who take the customer for granted?

Amen to all the praise for Jim and the ML service staff.

They indeed a distinguishing 'feature' of the MartinLogan brand. :bowdown:

They feature prominently in my recommendations of ML's to others.

Having had a chance to chat with Jim for an hour or so at the ’07 MLOC meet in Kansas, I was even more impressed. He’s a great chap and has a superb team working with him.

But as other have said, it’s also the ethos of the organization as a whole. Everyone is committed to making great products and to making customers happy.

Three Cheers For Jim!

As many of us know from personal experience, Jim Power is the Service Manager at MartinLogan and is an all around stand up guy who really takes pride in taking care of customers.

Here's a great link to learn more about Jim:

http://www.us.martinlogan.com/customer_service.html

Tom and the others are absolutely correct: Jim Powers is a great guy. Very responsive and helpful. In fact, I have found everyone at ML to be extremely friendly and customer-focused. A rarity nowadays.

Thanks Jim and everyone else at ML!

He deserves all the accolade he gets . I have dealt with Jim and he is suburb to deal with. :bowdown:

I have had the pleasure of having the good Mr Power assist me with an early problem I had with my Summits. ML's (or rather Jim Power's) handling of the situation is the Benchmark by which I now judge all customer service. No other company has been able to match what Jim and ML provide.

Last edited:
I've never had to deal with Jim as my Ascent's have been flawless; however, if is very comforting to know that ML not only builds quality products but allows an individual like Jim to thrive. Good on ya Jim and ML!

Jim is a great guy but not a suburb :p Seriously, everytime I have emailed Logan regarding their products the responses I have gotten from him have been timely, on topic and always helpful. He is no doubt a great guy and valuable asset to ML.

Latest posts

Back