Heading to Lawrence to listen to the CLX!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would bet Mr Power could help you with that! Heck, I bet he has DSOTM in his desk.:music:

For Floyd lovers, IMO, "The Wall" on MoFi CD is sonically superior than DSOTM on SACD. Tom has a great selection of music with him that he is very familiar with which we all know is very important for crucial listening.

Friday the 13th strikes!!

Hey all,
well, my day started out pretty bad. Got up at 3:30 to shower and get ready to leave by 4AM to head to the airport for my 5:45AM flight to Kansas City via Denver.

Everyone got on the plane and I started up a movie on my iPod called "Jumper" about a guy who can teleport himself anywhere he wants....

About 25 minutes later, they announced that the aircraft has a mechanical problem and the flight has been cancelled!! We all de-plane and go to baggage claim to get our luggage and then proceed to the customer service for United Airlines to find out how we're all going to get to our destinations..

They said I had 2 options: Get shuttled by bus over to SFO, then fly to San Diego to Denver to Kansas City. I'd land in KC about 10PM. Option #2 was to get shuttled over to SFO and then fly to Washington DC then direct to KC! That would put me in KC a couple minutes before midnight!

The ticket agent searched the other airlines and found a USAir flight that would get me to KC at 8PM, so I jumped on that flight and am currently sitting in the SkyHarbor Airport in Phoenix with a 4 hour layover. thankfully they have free Wi-Fi!! yay!

So I won't get to meet with the ML developers today, obviously... I'll probably get to Lawrence about 9:30 tonight, Devin says, so we're going to meet up at the hotel in the morning, have some breakfast and then go over to spend the day listening!!

Now watch... USAir will lose my luggage which has among other things in it, my CDs!!!

Keep your fingers crossed!! I wish I was like that guy in "Jumpers" so I could just teleport myself there!!

Tom.

... I'd land in KC about 10PM. Option #2 was to get shuttled over to SFO and then fly to Washington DC then direct to KC! That would put me in KC a couple minutes before midnight!

The ticket agent searched the other airlines and found a USAir flight that would get me to KC at 8PM, so I jumped on that flight and am currently sitting in the SkyHarbor Airport in Phoenix with a 4 hour layover. thankfully they have free Wi-Fi!! yay!

man that's bad, and i bet the flight via Washington had an additional fuel surcharge for the extra mileage :)

Hey all,
well, my day started out pretty bad. Got up at 3:30 to shower and get ready to leave by 4AM to head to the airport for my 5:45AM flight to Kansas City via Denver.

Everyone got on the plane and I started up a movie on my iPod called "Jumper" about a guy who can teleport himself anywhere he wants....

About 25 minutes later, they announced that the aircraft has a mechanical problem and the flight has been cancelled!! We all de-plane and go to baggage claim to get our luggage and then proceed to the customer service for United Airlines to find out how we're all going to get to our destinations..

They said I had 2 options: Get shuttled by bus over to SFO, then fly to San Diego to Denver to Kansas City. I'd land in KC about 10PM. Option #2 was to get shuttled over to SFO and then fly to Washington DC then direct to KC! That would put me in KC a couple minutes before midnight!

So I won't get to meet with the ML developers today, obviously... I'll probably get to Lawrence about 9:30 tonight, Devin says, so we're going to meet up at the hotel in the morning, have some breakfast and then go over to spend the day listening!!

Now watch... USAir will lose my luggage which has among other things in it, my CDs!!!

Keep your fingers crossed!! I wish I was like that guy in "Jumpers" so I could just teleport myself there!!

Tom.

Sooner or later, you will be having a lot of fun Tom. Besides, ML hospitality is superb!!! I was there once with my kids, and had the pleasure to be at Gayle's house listening his Statement Evolution II. Also he had a pair of Aeon i in white colour and he was using little monoblocks driven them. The sound was well defined and fun to use. Now you are going to listen the CLXs, the 25th anniversary of ML. The feed back that I got from my friends at ML, are just the best and more coherence speaker...very dynamic and huge stage with truly sense of 3D. Happy listening and get safe there!!!
Roberto.

That hurts!

For what it's worth - I flew yesterday - just Sydney back to the Gold Coast and was delayed about 2 hours!

First flight cancelled, second one late........

Day-am Tom. Wish I'd have known. You could have flown to Denver, I'd have picked you up at DIA and we could have driven to Lawrance together. We'd have been there by dinnertime.:(

The Day has arrived!

ESL dreams plagued my slumber last night... BAD ones.... I opened my luggage to discover that my CDs were pilfered by the airport security guards. OMG! What was I gonna do? I felt like crying. Then on the way to MartinLogan HQ, I got pulled over by a redneck sherrif wearing mirrored sunglasses (just like in the movies) who said I had a broken tail light and that I'd have to come down to the Lawrence courthouse to work things out with the judge. Then, when I finally got to ML HQ, they told me the CLX was not ready, and all I could do was LOOK at it!

OK OK. so that's just some dramatic build-up to the day ahead! ha. I'm a drama queen!! LOL!

Actually, I slept like a BABY last night and am totally ready to be basking in the electrostatic nirvana that is the MartinLogan mothership, listening to my own CDs on CLX's!!

Stay tuned, campers!!

Tom

Sweet

Have fun......between this and the US Open I don't know what is more exciting.......Steve

Wow

Hey guys...

i'm sitting in the ML corporate office listening room at this very moment... Forget your preconception about planars not being able to reproduce bass.

The CLX does it VERY VERY well!!!!

WOW.

They are smaller in person that the photos we've all seen... don't get me wrong... they're big speakers, just not as big as I expected...

Linda Ronstadt has never sounded so good!

More to come later as the listening session continues.

Color me GREEN I called the local dealer as to when he may have the CLX and he told me not before the fall, man it's not even summer yet.

I gotta know what the opening to funeral for a friend is like.

Latest posts

Back