Heading to Lawrence to listen to the CLX!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, you lucky dog :bowdown:

I'm eager to hear more details about bass performance and the technical details on the mid-bass panels.

Size look to be about what Monoliths are, so it’s got me thinking...

And yes, properly set up, ESL's can indeed rock. :rocker:

Here I am, wiping drool off my keyboard, while Tom has access to TWO CLX systems. Life just does not seem fair !!

what isn't fair is that I'm here for only today.... and I can't figure out a way to get a pair of these into my rental car!!!!

:D

what isn't fair is that I'm here for only today....
:D

Tom, you really don't think any of us are going to feel sorry for you...now do you ?? LOL !!

good reporting buddy !....and yes...I'm jealous !!

Tom, you lucky dog :bowdown:

I'm eager to hear more details about bass performance and the technical details on the mid-bass panels.

Size look to be about what Monoliths are, so it’s got me thinking...

And yes, properly set up, ESL's can indeed rock. :rocker:

The "DualForce Double Diaphram, Triple Stator" (an electrostatic "sandwich" if you will) on the bass panel is quite ingenious.... two diaphrams moving in unison so they can move more air. The middle stator is carrying the high voltage. You see the bass panel moving ALOT.

When I first got here, they have a crew working on the CLX's that are bound for Europe and I got to see them being made...

Last edited:
Simple Minds - Once Upon a Time...

turned down the volume a little bit and am listening to Simple Minds' "Once Upon A Time" SACD.

there is so much more detail i'm hearing... The opening 5 seconds of "Sanctify Yourself" revealed something I've never heard before: lead singer Jim Kerr's almost whispering the opening vocals to the song!!

WOW... had to listen to that a few more times...

next up: Keane - Hopes & Fears... gonna lower the volume even more.

Wow, too cool. It reminds me of a trip ti the factory I made to see my car built. Tom is sounds kind of like being a kid at Christmas. Anyway, after hearing your report, I may not have to see or hear the CLX in order to aquire a pair. I just have to sneak them past my better half.:music:

Joe Vojtko shows me the inside of the CLX.

edit June 16: Hey guys, Joe asked me to remove this photo, which showed the guts of the CLX electronics. For those of you who saw it before I altered this photo, consider yourself lucky!!

Attachments

• Martin Logan visit all 053 SENSORED (Medium).jpg
    Martin Logan visit all 053 SENSORED (Medium).jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Joe Vojtko shows me the inside of the CLX.

Wow! Now that's a tad bit more complicated than your standard ESL electronics box. I guess that accounts for some of that $20,000 price tag.

Great job, Tom. We are really enjoying the blow-by-blow reporting.

Lucky? not quite Tom has earned this honor and we are all benefiting from his work. Tom "you da man" see if you can work out some sort of group discount, you know sorta like "fleet sales"

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the "blow by blow" reporting. these are just highlights.. a full report will be posted as soon as I can get it all done...

Not sure about a "group discount"... I'll ask, though.. :devil:

Devin just stuck his head in and said they can't offer a "fleet program", but maybe we should all do some sort of time sharing situation!! LOL.

Keane - Hopes & Fears SACD

lowered the volume more... this CD is all acoustic. no electric guitars at all. Very intricate and delicate. The CLX's just SHINED!! I heard things I've never heard before...

Up next: Days Of The New (cranked)

The whole world is watching, The whole world is watching... Well, maybe just our little world. Carry On!

Satch

more pictures...

here's a picture of the wing on the back.. this was put there to prevent the rear wave of the bass panel from cancelling out the front wave as the sound waves curled around the frame!!

it also adds some structural integrity.

Attachments

• Martin Logan visit 038 (Medium).jpg
    Martin Logan visit 038 (Medium).jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 289

Latest posts

Back