Great Time at Da Vinci Media

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As noted in my post - I was not pointing fingers at any ONE individual here regarding preferred source (yes Rich I saw your smiley for the intended humor). Gordon's post just brought up a good point of the need NOT to argue about source. If you like what you have, enjoy it, no need to argue about it.

I believe we have a great site here and we tend to stay away from the typical debate. Other sites can be BRUTAL when it comes to this war and I am glad for the most part we stay away from it.

It seems most of the people that start these wars (generalized statement here) have one great format and one suck format - i.e. they have a SME/30 and an Oppo and state their vinyl KILLS their digital - well DUH really??? And so on in the reverse order of great digital setup where they have a Burmeister, NAIM, Modwright or VSE Modded Players and then they pick up a Rega P2 and have no idea on how to set it up. They then proclaim their digital KILLS their vinyl - well DUH again. See the trend?

Amen, Brother Dan. :bowdown:

what's wrong with arguing about digital verses analog ?
Objective debates, yes they are good, but the debate seem to always be from the subjective side of things. But when someone loves a particular format the subjective side is hard to block out.

Each format has its best parts and worst parts to it that some seem to forget to mention.

Fish...BTW, you really missed the point about the cost statement...sigh..this is not about you or anyone here in particular or what they have purchased or own.

Cost as we all know does not always equate to quality.

Bad debate comparisons seem to use apples to oranges - top of the line, tweaked out, voodoo dances, system synergy, all setup for their prefer format. Then these same people go out, purchase something, do the plug-and-play thing and trash the format due to sound. Each format and source needs its own tender loving care and setup for each to shine.

I don't think there is anything wrong with debating the merits of one or another. As Dan and Jeff have both pointed out in this thread, any format can sound great depending on any number of factors including setup, system synergy, source material and the alignment of the stars.
Exactly MiTT- merits of each, but I have heard as many bad vinyl setups & recordings as I have heard digital setups & recordings. A particular format does not mean it will have great sound

Latest posts

Back