What is the average contribution per member

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audioraptured

Reaction score
Money talk makes people uneasy.
I hope this does not cause problems but since I am going into the retirement mode soon I was wondering: If we divide it all out, and/or if some make yearly contributions, or is it done monthly, does anyone do something different? Is there a lottery for a drawing or an auction for a donated piece of equipment and the money goes to the site? What is the ball park figure to shoot for per member? Or, how does the large amount of work and upkeep that is done break down so we can help?
This is a simple inquiry to help make a contribution, as my two year membership is coming up.
I am not in any way asking or suggesting anything else but for a way I might help; and not sure where else this could be moved to get a larger view. What does everyone do?
Thanks for the understanding....

Hi..

great question...

In the past, I've asked for contributions as needed... the last time it was for an upgrade to the vBulletin software. When I've done this in the past, the response has been overwhelming...

Thank you all for contributing, btw. :bowdown:

When I don't ask for money, I rarely get donations, but that is fine by me. I'm not running the site to make money.

I pay hosting fees and domain registration fees, and it's not all that much, so it's no big deal.

Now that I've implemented google ads, the site is generating some money and I shouldn't have to ask for more for quite some time... the ads definitely pay for the monthly hosting and then some, so that is great and hopefully when the vBulletin software needs updating, I'll have the money that's been collected from the ads.

But if you feel compelled to donate, please do. :D

Regards,

Tom.

Last edited:
Now that I've implemented google ads, the site is generating some money and I shouldn't have to ask for more for quite some time... the ads definitely pay for the monthly hosting and then some, so that is great.

That is EXCELLENT news! I am so glad to hear that...I was wondering how it was working out! Personally I don't even notice the ads so they are certainly not offensive to me in ANY WAY!

Hey, if you sell me a banner, TONE would be happy to help sponsor the forum. Up to you if you think that's politically incorrect or not. I don't have a problem with it, seeing the Summits are my reference speaker.

Up to you and other members....

If you think it's cool, PM me and we can work something out I'm sure...

What is the average contribution per member?

Tone; just saw your work, looks very good so best of luck to you.

Hey, if you sell me a banner, TONE would be happy to help sponsor the forum. Up to you if you think that's politically incorrect or not. I don't have a problem with it, seeing the Summits are my reference speaker.

Up to you and other members....

If you think it's cool, PM me and we can work something out I'm sure...

Personally, I would rather see a TONE ad on every page instead of....

I guess we all try to contribute what we can. Tom doesn't put a minimum on what we should put out, it's up to the member.

Tom,

Good to hear about the success of the google ads!!

Joey

It really is up to each individual. If you find you get enjoyment, useful information, or just a good place to hang with this forum, I encourage you to donate.

I know that when I decided to do some upgrades on my Ascent-based system around the first of the year, I officially joined and spent tons of hours reading and searching on this site. There was (still is!) so many knowledgeable folks and so much excellent and pertinent information here, I was able to dramatically narrow down my choices, demo them, and finally make my decisions. I'm certain I would have spent weeks more time online if it wasn't for this forum. It was so useful and saved me so much time, I sent Tom a nice donation as a thank you.

If you've had similar experiences, perhaps you might consider doing the same.

It really is up to each individual. If you find you get enjoyment, useful information, or just a good place to hang with this forum, I encourage you to donate.

I know that when I decided to do some upgrades on my Ascent-based system around the first of the year, I officially joined and spent tons of hours reading and searching on this site. There was (still is!) so many knowledgeable folks and so much excellent and pertinent information here, I was able to dramatically narrow down my choices, demo them, and finally make my decisions. I'm certain I would have spent weeks more time online if it wasn't for this forum. It was so useful and saved me so much time, I sent Tom a nice donation as a thank you.

If you've had similar experiences, perhaps you might consider doing the same.

I remember exactly when you did this whole upgrade thingamajig, Ken!

:)

I remember exactly when you did this whole upgrade thingamajig, Ken!

:)
Yes, Joey, I remember too. I remember that your #$@^$# virus grabbed hold of me, chewed me up, and spit me out! ;) Somehow I went from deciding on a Sunfire TGP-5 pre and TGA-7400 amp upgrade, to also upgrading to Summits, a Squeezebox with a CIaudio DAC, a terabyte digital music server, a modified Oppo 970 for SACD/DVD-A/DVD playback, and a Ziova network DVD player. Sheese!:D

Latest posts

Back