What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20210117-120848_Sonos S1.jpg

Diana Krall

Genre: Jazz

Again, I've been plodding through Audiogon's CES coverage where they include several live room recordings (an astounding range of horrific to sublime sound BTW) and came across the Lindemann room where one of the audio samples was Diana Krall's "A Case of You" from her "Live In Paris" release. Very close-mic'ed, clear, beautifully nuanced piece IMO. And yes... I'm listening to this now via CLX. The question is, what will Diana be tickling after she finishes tickling the ivories, given that she's right here in the room with me (while the wife is out at the shops). Hmmmmm.

Cheers.
Go to youtube....a search for "Too Hot"..........its EDM House and quite good.

Chops, you seem to have a massive record collection. I bet that is worth some serious coin. I'm going to take a lot of your music and starting monday, search on Amazon Music to see what is available. Then I will stream it and see how it sounds. I am impressed with your collection.

Chops, you seem to have a massive record collection. I bet that is worth some serious coin. I'm going to take a lot of your music and starting monday, search on Amazon Music to see what is available. Then I will stream it and see how it sounds. I am impressed with your collection.

Thank you, sir. Pretty much everything I post music-wise is streamed from Qobuz and Tidal via Roon these days. I do however still have a decent collection of vinyl, CD's and cassettes, though the cassettes are self-made copies of said records and CD's from me, my father and all three of my brothers.

And...

As a tribute to the late Chick Corea (2/09/2021)... RIP

71dhaDYlDgL._SL1400_.jpg

Thank you, sir. Pretty much everything I post music-wise is streamed from Qobuz and Tidal via Roon these days. I do however still have a decent collection of vinyl, CD's and cassettes, though the cassettes are self-made copies of said records and CD's from me, my father and all three of my brothers.

And...

As a tribute to the late Chick Corea (2/09/2021)... RIP

71dhaDYlDgL._SL1400_.jpg
No reel to reel?! Growing up in the 70s, my father had a collection of reel to reel recordings. Pretty cool how you still can listen to cassettes if you want. I liked my 8 track.

Chick Corea ---- what an immense loss in the jazz world. 😭
I agree, what a shock.

I saw him and Gary Burton a few times. Never got to see him with Return To Forever, but I have seen a few Al Di Meola shows.

Watching some vids of Chick over the weekend just shows how commanding of the keyboard he was. Simply effortless for him to play.

Back