What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

Northy

Reaction score
I have re-discovered Steely Dan. I am not sure it is the age factor or the fact that my audio playback quality has really improved allowing me to enjoy this under-appreciated band. I ended up buying their entire CD collection separately all re-mastered. The level of artistry is astonishing. Their music begs to be heard on ML speakers as it is filled with lighting-fast start and stop of musical notes combined with smoky vocals of late Donald Fegan. I highly recommend to at least buy two of their albums - Katy Lied and Pretzel Logic. Be forewarned, you will be hooked.

Last edited:

Lightloopy

Reaction score
Glad you found them again. For most us Steely Dan stays in heavy rotation. Also, Donald Fagen is alive but Walter Becker sadly has passed.
Check out True Companion. That gem sounds amazing on the ML's.
Enjoy!

Northy

Reaction score
Glad you found them again. For most us Steely Dan stays in heavy rotation. Also, Donald Fagen is alive but Walter Becker sadly has passed.
Check out True Companion. That gem sounds amazing on the ML's.
Enjoy!
Thank you for correcting me and my apologies to Mr. Fagen. I have been looking online for a high-quality concert preferably on Blu Ray of the band. But unfortunately I have not found any. I will check out your recommendation.