What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I lied my copy of Going Blank Again is on 45 RPM double vinyl.

One hundred years from now...

The latest Waterboys album - last track the Long Strange Golden Road. Irish blues rock. Listen to the words. Goes on forever but it so works. Some say it fades out too quickly after 10 minutes or so. I kinda know where they are coming from.

Last edited:
OK I lied my copy of Going Blank Again is on 45 RPM double vinyl.

One hundred years from now...

The latest Waterboys album - last track the Long Strange Golden Road. Irish blues rock. Listen to the words. Goes on forever but it so works. Some say it fades out too quickly after 10 minutes or so. I kinda know where they are coming from.

I had no idea the Waterboys were still making music. "This is the Sea" is one of my all time favorite albums. I always thought Mike Scott was a genius. Is Karl Wallinger still playing with them/him?

I just pulled it (Modern Blues) up on Tidal, listening to it now. Thanks for the heads up Justin.

Last edited:
I had no idea the Waterboys were still making music. "This is the Sea" is one of my all time favorite albums. I always thought Mike Scott was a genius. Is Karl Wallinger still playing with them/him?

I just pulled it (Modern Blues) up on Tidal, listening to it now. Thanks for the heads up Justin.

I thought the same and yes I have This Is The Sea too. I just saw them at Glastonbury and really liked the finale of the Long Strange Golden Road and did a search in TIDAL.

Karl? No.

On side four of the Pure Pleasure Records vinyl remake of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Texas Flood. It is so much better than my old digital version, it isn't even funny!

Listening now to an old ATCO vinyl pressing of Vanilla Fudge. I don't know if this is a record I bought back in '67 or used at a later date, but the sound quality isn't. Piercing highs, so I'm listening at reduced levels.

I agree, Kat Edmonson, Take to the Sky is probably the CD is I gravitate back to the most of any music I have.

Her "Way Down Low" album is my favorite, "Take To The Sky" a close second. I'm warming up to her latest album, "The Big Picture", as well, but it hasn't grabbed me as much as those two.

Finished listening to Leonard Cohen, "Popular Problems". Great album. Redbook. Now listening to Liz Story, "My Foolish Heart". Redbook.

The Sunday's "Static and Silence" on a UK pressing. Harriet Wheeler has one of the sexiest voices in rock.

I'm currently working remotely from our home in the Palm Springs area.. The system I have here is pretty lame, but here's what's on now:

Tormato.jpg

Yes - Tormato

If you've not heard this one, "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" is a friggin masterpiece!! Love this whole disc...

Last edited:
Back