What are they thinking?!*The ANTI-Robin thread*

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rauna Liera II

I present the Rauna Liera II. The enclosures are made of concrete.... (yes, that's right.. CONCRETE!!)

I actually auditioned a pair of these (version i) before buying my Sequels back in the late 80's. They sounded GREAT, but couldn't get past the fact that A. They are FUGLY and B. They were HEAVY!

The salesman told me "You can paint them any color you want to". I said, "No amount of paint will make them look good".

Leave it to the wacky Swedes!

Attachments

• rauna.jpg
    rauna.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
The Speaker lamp???

Attachments

• speakerlamp.JPG
    speakerlamp.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
charliemike -- I almost fell off of the chair on your "War of the Worlds" take. I swear to you, my first thought when I saw them was something like "Wow, extraterrestrials". :D :D

charliemike -- I almost fell off of the chair on your "War of the Worlds" take. I swear to you, my first thought when I saw them was something like "Wow, extraterrestrials". :D :D

I started anally editing the photo and then realized I was doing all this work to make it look like they were part of the scene when it was funnier to have it be completely chopped up :)

I present the Rauna Liera II. The enclosures are made of concrete.... (yes, that's right.. CONCRETE!!)

I actually auditioned a pair of these (version i) before buying my Sequels back in the late 80's. They sounded GREAT, but couldn't get past the fact that A. They are FUGLY and B. They were HEAVY!

The salesman told me "You can paint them any color you want to". I said, "No amount of paint will make them look good".

Leave it to the wacky Swedes!

Hi

It wasn´t a huge success in sweden either, but you have to check this out:
http://www.rauna.com/slides/reference.html

"The bass system consists of two 6 meter long bass horns built of bricks and concrete. The opening comes up underneath the couch. The horn has hyperbolic expansion and goes down to 18 Hz; you can’t hear very much down there but it shakes you and the window glass."

This is my first post so I hope it work. I´m very happy to have find this forum, since I´m finally going to change to M-L. I´m going to need some advice but I´ll be back on that topic.

Kind regards

Frank
(One of those wacky Swedes)

Hi

"The bass system consists of two 6 meter long bass horns built of bricks and concrete. The opening comes up underneath the couch. The horn has hyperbolic expansion and goes down to 18 Hz; you can’t hear very much down there but it shakes you and the window glass."

This is my first post so I hope it work. I´m very happy to have find this forum, since I´m finally going to change to M-L. I´m going to need some advice but I´ll be back on that topic.

Kind regards

Frank

Frank,

You've come to the right place. This is one the better forums out there for the discussion of high-end gear.

Erik

Hi

Kind regards

Frank

Hey Frank,

Glad you found us! :D

Tom.

One Of Those Wacky Swedes...

Frank,

Welcome to the ML Club. :D
You can see by the quality level of discourse here at the ML Club, that this is a great place to be... :p Let your audio hair down, kick-off your shoes and relax a while in audio discussion nirvana, which describes the ML Club and much much more this site provides. :cheers:

It is good to have you here. :D

Last edited:
Frank,

Welcome to the ML Club. :D
You can see by the quality level of discourse here at the ML Club, that this is a great place to be... :p Let your audio hair down, kick-out your shoes and relax a while in audio discussion nirvana, which describes the ML Club and much much more this site provides. :cheers:

It is good to have you here. :D

Thank you very much for the welcome
I´m really going to enjoy this

Thanks
Frank

Besides being somewhat of a Frankenstein, they are two pieces. The top portion was added as was the "tweeter" in the center. These are really P.A. speakers for auditoriums and assorted rock bands. They are JBL's version of Altec Voice of the Theater speakers without the mods. :eek:

Jeff:cool:

Back