Vignette or Fresco Anyone ? Your thoughts are welcomed !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff Zaret said:
They were on stands and in a small room.

ML makes both a floor and table stand for the Vignette. Was the stands you are referring to floor or table stands?

Sorry for my ignornance on this but I just did not do a lot of research on these. They were floor stands and I believe that the "top" of the Vignette would have been about 5 feet from the floor. The stand as I recall were white.
I hope this helps

Jeff

Does anyone have any more info on the Mosaic? Is it being replaced? If so, with what? Is the Montage being replaced too? Is ML giving up on these ATF speakers or is it updating? The $688 price on the Mosaic mentioned above is a great price for that speaker, essentially 65% of the original list of $1995.

In case I didn't spell it out more clearly before, the Mosaic price is $688.00 for one not a pair. I did hear from ML over the weekend "do you believe it" and they stated that the Mosaic WAS NOT being discountinued, HOWEVER it is possible some stores may be blowing them out hence the big discount.

I understood the price to be each ($688 per a pair would be outrageous and I would buy asap) --thus the 65% figure I gave (69% is more accurate).

Wayne said:
I did hear from ML over the weekend "do you believe it" and they stated that the Mosaic WAS NOT being discountinued, HOWEVER it is possible some stores may be blowing them out hence the big discount.

So that would mean that Tweeters is "discontinuing" or deciding not to carry the Mosaic, so is selling it off?

Yes indeed Daryl, that is what the ML rep emailed me, so get your Mosaic's now, And as for the $688.00 pricing, I did not double check my earlier thread reply to see if I wrote the pricing to be for a pair or if I was vague in my writing. I'm with you, if that was a pair price let's but them all up !!!!! l

THE REAL DEAL from Tweeter's SE Liason

You guys are going to love having me around. I work for Tweeter and I just so happen to be the liason for ML in the Southeast region. So I am here to set the record straight and tell you all what you need to know. Yes, the Mosaic's are being sold for $1376 a pair. We are discontinuing the speaker, NOT ML!! I will be glad to sell you all as many of these speakers as Tweeter has, just give me your color request and area of country you live in. I'll talke care of the tough part of finding them. ML has no plans to disc. this speaker as you all know it is still relatively new. We have been much more successful selling the true ESL towers and cannot justify keeping the Mosaic's around for the amt. of business we do.
Now onto the Vignette's and Fresco's. MY Store has EVERY ML product they offer us on display for demo's!! I have heard all of their line in detail and I can say that the Fresco is worth the extra $300 a speaker. You see, the Fresco is much like the ESL's where most of the critical listening is done through the Fresco's Advanced Thin Film Metal Driver. It is a true 3-way design, and thus only mid-bass and lower play through the traditional drivers. The ATF's handle the critical mid-range and high frequencies. The Vignette only has a Advanced Thin Film Metal Driver to carry the high's. Their traditional drivers carry most of the critical frequencies and thus sound like traditional driver speakers. BTW I also have PRODIGY's AND ODYSSEY's to sell at big discounts TOO!!!!

Last edited:
If anyone is still following this thread anymore I will briefly tell you that the "snob store" informed me yesterday that they have been told by some marketing VP that they are not to display the VIgnette that I have been waiting forever to see and hear. The store asst mgr told me this on my visit yesterday, he says he believes it is a decision to keep the Fresco sales up and not give the customer "me and you" a cheaper alternative. This is only his opinion however I have always found him to be honest and truly someone who looked out for the consumer. This is regretable, I have not found one store in my state that has both the Fresco and Vignette actually on the floor for a side by side demo. The asst mgr stated it seems if you don't see the Vignette, you'll just buy the Fresco... at least that is what the Marketing Dept thinks.

Man...you have truely been biten by everyone in your quest just to hear and audition the products you want to buy....All of this has been very unfortunate.

BTW...where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

Dan

Wayne said:
Ithey have been told by some marketing VP that they are not to display the VIgnette ... it seems if you don't see the Vignette, you'll just buy the Fresco... at least that is what the Marketing Dept thinks.

whose marketing dept - the snob store or ML? i doubt ML as it would make more sense for them to dump the competing product as fast as possible and focus on the fresco. a call to ML would sort out from where this patter is coming.

a little story.

When i moved from the east to the Pacific, my pre-amp didn't survive the move so to make a claim with the moving company, i had to get the pre looked at by a official repair site. I called the company to get the name of a local repair place/dealer.

So I took it into the local dealer to introduce myself (and my wallet :)) but was told "we don't actually work on those, we just ship it the factory so go away and ship it yourself to the company"

i made a quick call to the company to tell them that the dealer they had recommended was refusing to help.

about 20 minutes later the dealer called me back to arrange things. Strangely enough other than the repairs done to that pre I've never spent a cent at that store in 11 years.

i'm sure that's just coincedence.

One of the pleasures of High-End companies like Martin-Logan is that they really take care of the customers.

Zaphod and Dan thanks for the comments!!!! To answer the questions, firstly I live in New Jersey... not on some island in the middle of nowhere,"which is why I find it so hard to understand the lack of demos". Secondly the Marketing VP is not ML but of a high end audio store chain, I think they have 7-10 stores in the tri state area.

Hey Wayne, sorry to see you're still waiting to audition the Vignette's. Tweeter in Moorestown/Maple Shade has a pair set up (shelf mounted up high) and you should be able to get a good demo there (the crew that works there has been nothing but great to me whenever I've been in). They also have the mosaic, montage, depth, and fresco set up in the same room.

There's also a seperate room w/ ML's ESL line all the way up to the Aeon i. If you have the time to burn they'd be more than happy to set you up in the room and let you listen away to your hearts content.

As an aside, I've been so busy as of late that I haven't had a chance to finish my media room, so I've been moving all my A/V gear upstairs so nothing will collect dust, and while it's up here I figured I might as well hook it up. I should have a pair of broken in Vignette's to review within the next week. The set up won't be ideal (my living room isn't the biggest), but it should give me a good sense of what to expect.

Michael.....you might be my savior !!!!!! I will have to make a trip to that Tweeter !!!! I got so excited reading your thread that I'm considering quiting work so I can go immediately "kidding of course". I have to get on Mapquest to find out where the store is etc etc. Thanks for the info and good luck with your system!

it's on a semi-major highway (38), and it's easy to get there. Best directions I can give are take 295 South to exit 36B. From the off-ramp turn right at the first light(Best Buy should be on your right). Keep following that road and you'll run into the 38. Take a left there(at the light) and you follow it down a few miles and Tweeter will be on your left (there's a jughandle turn not too much further down). Notable locations that'll re-assure you that you're going in the right direction : Carabba's, Dianne's furs, Hooters.

There's one guy there that specializes in ML products, and the rest of the sales staff is pretty nuts about A/V, so you shouldn't have any problems' gettin a demo or info.. Enjoy!

Finally!!! Someone comes through for Wayne....Dude...you could finally be on your way to listening to your speakers!!!! Forget work...you look really sick...and get in your car.... :D

Dan

You're right DTB... !!!!! Maybe a trip to the audio store is the best medicine for a "sickie". I'ts been such a long process that I have forgotten all the questions I wanted to ask!!!!!!!!

............and since you are sick, don't forget that you will need an extended time at home listening to your new ML's since they are what the "medical staff" here has prescribed as medicine for you. :D

Jeff

Back