The Really Tasty Gear Thread - With Pictures!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah - eat your heart out SME 30/12:) It was shown at the high show Munich 2008. I was looking because I was thinking of going this year, even though 1 Euro is almost 1 £ now:eek::devil:

The new Summit Y - based on the same external design as the X, it contains small thermo-nuclear reactors/wi-fi to eradicate all external cabling. The reators develop 1.8 GigaWatts, just about coping with the low impedance issues. Wi-Fi interacts with the Martin Logan online proprietary database, containing all music ever publically released stored at 128 bit/100GHz sampling. Subscription fee is a paltry 50 cents/month. Source selection is via the new proprietary ML mind reading interface, "ForceMindMeld", developed by Mr Spock.

WAF factor infinate.

If only...:)

Attachments

• summit_x_frontpage.jpg
    summit_x_frontpage.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 601
Last edited:
MLOC moderator Tim Bingaman reports after a serious audition - "the wi-fi interface is OK, but it has a long way to go before it beats my analogue setup."

MLOC poster User211 agrees, stating he feels the sampling rate/bit resolution employed is too low, and requires further work:)

MLOC member Dreamer was concerned about the "ForceMindMeld" being used by the state/banking sector to control people's financial affairs.

Tonepub reviewed them, bought a pair, and gave the "Product of the Year" award to the Meridian DSP7200.

C.A.P positioned each to within one micron, and declared the CLS as the substantially better performer, due mainly to the superiority of his Krell power amplifier.

TomDac and Amey01 threw away the wi-fi interface, and used their Squeezeboxes instead.

nsgarch made some derogatory comment and got banned.

FISH_MAN and Twich both bought a pair - brand spanking new at $69321869860.

JonFo identified some shortcomings in the reactor cores, and in the process of modifying them, removed his home state from the map.

Due to the lack of an upgrade path for Summit X owner's, MLOC was bombarded with complaints. Rich spent 25 hours a day getting them all to calm down.

Stereophile didn't even notice ML had released the "Y".

Just having a bit a fun around here... we need to lighten it up a bit, sometimes:)

Last edited:
And I would convince JTWRace to build motorized after-market titanium spikes with retractable wheels, to allow remote-controlled tweaking of speaker placement and tilt!

Yeah, yeah, we have no taste and don't get the humour....

I don't know about that, but there's one thing I know we don't have and that's a decent F1 driver!

How about that Jenson Button today!

Yeah, go JB :bowdown: and "barge it out the way Barrachello " did well, lets not forget Lewis who came from last to finish third.
if brawn carries on like this we might see Brawn hi-fi emerge, well it worked for Tag mclaren.....sort off:rolleyes:

MLOC moderator Tim Bingaman reports after a serious audition - "the wi-fi interface is OK, but it has a long way to go before it beats my analogue setup."

MLOC poster User211 agrees, stating he feels the sampling rate/bit resolution employed is too low, and requires further work:)

MLOC member Dreamer was concerned about the "ForceMindMeld" being used by the state/banking sector to control people's financial affairs.

Tonepub reviewed them, bought a pair, and gave the "Product of the Year" award to the Meridian DSP7200.

C.A.P positioned each to within one micron, and declared the CLS as the substantially better performer, due mainly to the superiority of his Krell power amplifier.

TomDac and Amey01 threw away the wi-fi interface, and used their Squeezeboxes instead.

nsgarch made some derogatory comment and got banned.

FISH_MAN and Twich both bought a pair - brand spanking new at $69321869860.

JonFo identified some shortcomings in the reactor cores, and in the process of modifying them, removed his home state from the map.

Due to the lack of an upgrade path for Summit X owner's, MLOC was bombarded with complaints. Rich spent 25 hours a day getting them all to calm down.

Stereophile didn't even notice ML had released the "Y".

Just having a bit a fun around here... we need to lighten it up a bit, sometimes:)

To set the record straight, though we gave the Meridian 7200/808.2 product of the year, we did not buy them. We sent them back promptly after the review...

I would buy 5200's for my living room if I had some spare $$.

To set the record straight, though we gave the Meridian 7200/808.2 product of the year, we did not buy them. We sent them back promptly after the review...

I would buy 5200's for my living room if I had some spare $$.

Jeff, did you look at the previous page? The joke was you bought some Summit Ys...

But you did buy the CLX - that was the analogy. And recommended the DSP7200 etc as product of the year. That was the dig... and hopefully the joke!:)

No offense was meant.

Anyway, someone had to take the pee out of that ridiculous Summit X photo...

Last edited:
Justin,

Definitely your best work yet. Multiple punches thrown and I think just about everybody is down for the count.:ROFL:

At least I am sure some of us Fell Down Laughing.:D

Sometimes, we are a serious bunch aren't we.

Dude, I'm still laughing. :ROFL:

That's great Justin :bowdown:

Back