System #37 (Prodigy, Ascent, Theater, Descent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New addition to the family

Just got a RGPC 400 PRO. Connected to the circuit that the two Descents and the two Ascents are on. Give it a day or so for the results.

Attachments

• Copy of DSC00875.JPG
    Copy of DSC00875.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 674
Last edited:
May i listen to your system?

ummm.................. yes?

Attachments

• Darth V.JPG
    Darth V.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 591
chris03053 said:
ummm.................. yes?
"Luke i am your...............
Let me start over
"Luke get me a pair of MartinLogans"

Marvulous simply marvulous...

Chris,

Wow! What a cool system! :D

I couldn't help but notice a four-way walk plug behind your left Prodigy. So, I take it, you have dedicated circuits / amps, for your HT, correct? I think, it is awesome that you have two Descents, in your system. ;)

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
Chris,

Wow! What a cool system! :D

I couldn't help but notice a four-way walk plug behind your left Prodigy. So, I take it, you have dedicated circuits / amps, for your HT, correct? I think, it is awesome that you have two Descents, in your system. ;)

Cheers

-Robin
Thank you Robin. Yes, each plug is a dedicated 20 amp. I have 12 dedicated plugs in that room. The theater room dimmensions is 24 by 24 with 15 feet ceilings, so the two Descents work Great. One is in one corner and the other one in the back corner. (criscross)
How's that Plasma doing? Did your son wear it out yet? :D
Rockon,
Chris

Cool System...

chris03053 said:
Thank you Robin. Yes, each plug is a dedicated 20 amp. I have 12 dedicated plugs in that room. The theater room dimmensions is 24 by 24 with 15 feet ceilings, so the two Descents work Great. One is in one corner and the other one in the back corner. (criscross)
How's that Plasma doing? Did your son wear it out yet? :D
Rockon,
Chris

Chris,

Yes, I really like your 'criscross', Descent subwoofers set-up...
You have a good sized HT. An "M&M", HT..., Great for, "Movies and Music". :D

My Plasma monitor is doing good, but it is still getting a work-out, with my son working the Noc shift. Starting in June 2006, my son, will be attending "Expression Collage" majoring in, 'Digital Visual Media'. We are excited for him. It is going to be very expensive though... :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, 'I owe, I owe, so it off to work I go...', Is fast becoming my theme song. ;)

Cheers

-Robin

Last edited:
Another big investment!

It took me some time, but finally could buy these speaker elevators. They wanted to much extra $$ for black so i got the standard color. I'll write a report as soon as i can.
Mr X, i got rid of Darth and put Stewie.
Robin, i hope you got that promotion cause you will need it with your son going to college. :)

Attachments

• Dsc00964.jpg
    Dsc00964.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 463
Very inventive...

chris03053 said:
It took me some time, but finally could buy these speaker elevators. They wanted to much extra $$ for black so i got the standard color. I'll write a report as soon as i can.
Mr X, i got rid of Darth and put Stewie.
Robin, i hope you got that promotion cause you will need it with your son going to college. :)
chris,

I like your inginuity... :D Necessity is the mother of invention... :D
I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed for the promotion, my son's college is going to cost over $40,000.00 (USD) per year, for two years... I was thinking, if I don't get the promotion, maybe I could become an endentured servant somewhere, just to pay the bills... :eek:

Cheers

-Robin

My New Cable Elevators

Well, finally got rid of those cheap cable elevators and replace them with "the good stuff". Those things are heavy and they look neat too. What do you think?

Attachments

• elevators.jpg
    elevators.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 326
Well they look cool. Did you notice any difference with them in place?

I made a home made set of cable lifters out of cold press illustration board. It did not make much of a difference on my 12-foot cable runs to my main speakers but it did seam to make a difference on my 40ft cable runs to my surround speakers. Sooner or later I would like to give a set of those (the real deal) a try.

Zip3kx07 said:
Well they look cool. Did you notice any difference with them in place?

I made a home made set of cable lifters out of cold press illustration board. It did not make much of a difference on my 12-foot cable runs to my main speakers but it did seam to make a difference on my 40ft cable runs to my surround speakers. Sooner or later I would like to give a set of those (the real deal) a try.
Thanks Joe,
I did not notice any difference yet, only cause i have been listening to "the Complex" kinda loud for a week. I also made some homemade ones too. :)
Friends didn't get them.

chris03053 said:
Thanks Joe,
I did not notice any difference yet, only cause i have been listening to "the Complex" kinda loud for a week. I also made some homemade ones too. :)
Friends didn't get them.

Neither did mind. LOL

It looked like a toy monorail track circling my living room. Every one thought I should have been confined to a padded room for doing it. LOL

My rear seating

A couple people PM me to see my sitting position. Sorry it took so long.
The room is 24 by 24, not the best but it works. The rear speakers are NHT. I think i should lower them. Some day i will update those too.

Attachments

• room1.jpg
    room1.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 280
Doverman Pincher?

Chris,

Very cool listening area. :D
Is the a photo of your dog on your coffee table? Is it a Doverman Pincher? The model cars on your coffee table are of Porch's correct?

My little guys

Robin said:
Chris,

Very cool listening area. :D
Is the a photo of your dog on your coffee table? Is it a Doverman Pincher? The model cars on your coffee table are of Porch's correct?
Robin,
Those are MinPins (minuture pinchers) That's Chippy and Dino. And the cars are Ferraris. They are taking over my coffee table as you can see :eek: I got to get a display case for them and put them on the wall.

Attachments

• 1 18 cars.jpg
    1 18 cars.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 261

Latest posts

Back