System #37 (Prodigy, Ascent, Theater, Descent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, MinPins...

chris03053 said:
Robin,
Those are MinPins (minuture pinchers) That's Chippy and Dino. And the cars are Ferraris. They are taking over my coffee table as you can see :eek: I got to get a display case for them and put them on the wall.
chris,

I like the close-up photo... Chippy and Dino are good looking MinPins. Though, I must confess I've never seen a MinPin. What is their size exactly (lenght and height)?
Your Ferraris collection is cool too... :D Thank you for the great photo.

Min Pins Rule!!

Robin said:
chris,

I like the close-up photo... Chippy and Dino are good looking MinPins. Though, I must confess I've never seen a MinPin. What is their size exactly (lenght and height)?
Your Ferraris collection is cool too... :D Thank you for the great photo.
Robin,
They come in "teacup" size which is 6-8 lbs, 10" long by 10-11" tall and then there's a little bigger size 14-16 lbs, 15" long by 12-13" tall. Mine are the bigger ones. They like all types of music :)

Chippy and Dino are Beautiful MinPins...

chris03053 said:
Robin,
They come in "teacup" size which is 6-8 lbs, 10" long by 10-11" tall and then there's a little bigger size 14-16 lbs, 15" long by 12-13" tall. Mine are the bigger ones. They like all types of music :)
chris,

Your MinPins are beautiful and look to be wonderful companions. :D Sounds like they have great music appreciation too. I think it is great to have animals so close they are really like members of the family. :) Thanks for sharing with me (us).

Don't put them on the wall!!

chris03053 said:
Robin,
Those are MinPins (minuture pinchers) That's Chippy and Dino. And the cars are Ferraris. They are taking over my coffee table as you can see :eek: I got to get a display case for them and put them on the wall.
Hey Chris,
I figured i warn you, don't put your models on the wall. You got 2 Descents in that room and i don't think they will stay there to long. Especially after a good loud movie.
That's a little expensive investment you got there. :) I think everybody would agree on what i'm talking about.

PS. Thanks for the help last time.

Where you at??

Hey Chris,

You still with us??

I left PM back in March. What happen to you?
How's that system doing? Your last PM you said you were getting something special and post pictures.

I hope they didn't lock you up and throw away the key. :p LOL LOL

Hey Chris

chris03053 said:
Chris Pappas
New Hampshire

Prodigys,Ascents,Theater I, 2 Descents
Year Purchase 2003-2004

Equipment:
BK Ref50
BK 200-7
Krell 450Mcx Mono Blocks
Sony Mega CD 400es
Sony Mega DVD 400
Sony DVD Recorder
Sony CD Recorder
Mitsubishi D-VCR
DishNetwork 721 & 921HD
Tivo
Samsung 15" Lcd
X-Box
2 Z-fans
Monster HTP7000ss
Richard Gray 1200c
Richard Gray Pro400
Esoteric UX-1 (Universal Player)
Mitsubishi WL82" HD Lcos (1080P)
Vantage-HD (video processor)

All this in 2 Middle-Atlantic Racks (maybe three coming soon)

Cables/Interconnects/Powercords
Sigma Retros
Monster M1000
PS Audio Statements
I Love my MartinLogans!!
Did I say "I LOVE my MartinLogans"!!!

Hey Chris,
Loved the pictures. Was excited to see another Pappas with Martin Logans. I'm new to this group so I'll eventually get my system on here. Yes, I love my Martin Logans also. Take care,

MIKE PAPPAS

Hi Chucky,

I'm still here. I have been working on my car for the past 3 months so i have been on the car forum.

I'll post the picture of my new toy soon.

Not locked up yet. Wise guy. :p

And yes, i have been listening to my Prodigy's. :D
Chucky said:
Hey Chris,

You still with us??

I left PM back in March. What happen to you?
How's that system doing? Your last PM you said you were getting something special and post pictures.

I hope they didn't lock you up and throw away the key. :p LOL LOL

Hey Mike,

Thank you and Welcome aboard.

Two Pappas just means double trouble. :D
Can't wait to see your system.

Martin Logans ROCK!
mpappas said:
Hey Chris,
Loved the pictures. Was excited to see another Pappas with Martin Logans. I'm new to this group so I'll eventually get my system on here. Yes, I love my Martin Logans also. Take care,

MIKE PAPPAS

chris03053 said:
Hi Chucky,

I'm still here. I have been working on my car for the past 3 months so i have been on the car forum.

And yes, i have been listening to my Prodigy's. :D
Hey Chris, what are you doing with your car for 3 months?? Changing the oil?? :D

And no i haven't gotten my Martin Logans yet. :(

Very funny. :)

Not oil change. But belt change and water pump rebuild.

You can't just go to the local Autozone store and tell them "Do you have this part in stock" LOL!!

BTW I'll be on Marco Island next week. PM me your # and we can hook up. Looks like i have to travel 1500 miles so i can help you pick out the right Martin Logan speakers.

Hopefully SoundAdvice still carries them.

Hope Tom doesn't mind non Martin Logan pic. :eek:

MR X said:
Hey Chris, what are you doing with your car for 3 months?? Changing the oil?? :D

And no i haven't gotten my Martin Logans yet. :(

Attachments

• MVC-353F.JPG
    MVC-353F.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 289
What the???

I hope you know what you're doing. :)

PM sent.

Can you bring your Prodigy's and Krell Amps so i can sample them? LOL!!

Nice guy that Chris03053

Just wanted everybody to know that i had the privilege of meeting Chris.

He came down to Florida, we had lunch, he paid which was very nice of him and we went to check out ML's at SoundAdvice.

We talked about music, movies, cars etc. And he also likes to check out the nice lady's too. ;)

It was nice to meet you Chris and thank you for stopping buy. :)

Mr X is not related to Speedracer.

Thank you for the kind words Mr.X (Rich)

It was nice to meet you too. But next time I come down, you better have some ML's or there is going to be trouble.:)

Here are the pictures of the "New Toy"

It's a Crystalio II video processor and it's sooo sweet!

Big difference in SD and HD.

Attachments

• DSC01374.JPG
    DSC01374.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
What a system

Hey Chris,
Is this your friend Bob's system?
:cheers:

I had a picture, I'll try to download it again.

Last edited:
New Members System

Hey, everyone I am new to this forum, but I have been a Martin Logan fan for a long time.

I thought it was interesting yesterday one of the first threads that I looked at was this one and I thought, how familiar it was!

Now, I don't have a monitor like the one shown...WOW! What is that 82" or more! NICE! Right now I view movies, etc. on a Pioneer Elite RPTV that is a only 53" across. Looking to upgrade to a RPTV in the 70"+ range next year.

This is more what you guys are interested in though I would guess.

Front stage is Prodigy left and right and Theater in the middle.
Rear Stage is Ascent
Rear Surround is Script
LFE is Descent

One of the other zones in the house are the Aerius i speakers.

All are powered by Rotel gear. I just upgraded from a Pioneer Elite VSX49Tx. Not bad, but not even CLOSE to the Rotel gear. I did notice a marked improvement in the highs produced by the Prodigy speakers. It is almost to sharp for my ear, it had definitely been rolled off with the Pioneer receiver.

Anyway, I just LOVE the way Martin Logan speakers sound and wanted to say Hi to everyone!

All the best!

Welcome

Hey Jim,

Welcome aboard. :rocker:

Thank you for the compliment.

Sounds like a great system you got there.
Hope you post some pictures soon.

And i see we have a car fan too. Geat pictures of your garage and i see you have a Porsche for everyday too.:D

Cheers,
Chris
Hey, everyone I am new to this forum, but I have been a Martin Logan fan for a long time.

I thought it was interesting yesterday one of the first threads that I looked at was this one and I thought, how familiar it was!

Now, I don't have a monitor like the one shown...WOW! What is that 82" or more! NICE! Right now I view movies, etc. on a Pioneer Elite RPTV that is a only 53" across. Looking to upgrade to a RPTV in the 70"+ range next year.

This is more what you guys are interested in though I would guess.

Front stage is Prodigy left and right and Theater in the middle.
Rear Stage is Ascent
Rear Surround is Script
LFE is Descent

One of the other zones in the house are the Aerius i speakers.

All are powered by Rotel gear. I just upgraded from a Pioneer Elite VSX49Tx. Not bad, but not even CLOSE to the Rotel gear. I did notice a marked improvement in the highs produced by the Prodigy speakers. It is almost to sharp for my ear, it had definitely been rolled off with the Pioneer receiver.

Anyway, I just LOVE the way Martin Logan speakers sound and wanted to say Hi to everyone!

All the best!

Helloooo?

I haven't seen you on the site and your "system thread" was waaay back on the bus. LOL :)

How's the system doing?? Any new upgrades??

Rich

Just got a RGPC 400 PRO. Connected to the circuit that the two Descents and the two Ascents are on. Give it a day or so for the results.

Hello Chris, How do you like your RGPC 1200C on your system? does it make any different after RGPC 1200C plug in? did you compare it with other brand before purchased RGPC 1200C? I want to up-grade my Panamax 5500 to RGPC 1200C or Furman IT Reference 20i. They both are very power conditioner. If my budget allows in the next few months. I would like to up-grade a new power conditioner for my system. Any recommendation would be appreciated.

An
:cheers:

Last edited:
Back