System #37 (Prodigy, Ascent, Theater, Descent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MR X said:
Chris, i will post pictures of my system when i get my martinlogans. Don't have them yet, still deciding which ones to get. That UX-1 is some beauty!! PS. How about a picture of that fancy car of yours :D
What kind of MLs are you looking for? Don't tell me you are going to get the Summit! Those are the ones that are replacing the Prodigys.

chris03053 said:
What kind of MLs are you looking for? Don't tell me you are going to get the Summit! Those are the ones that are replacing the Prodigys.
No No those are to big for my room. I was checking on the Claritys, they will go nice with my system.

Last edited:
MR X said:
No No those are to big for my room. I was checking on the Claritys, they will go nice with my system.
Hang that baby on the wall and put some Frescos. That will look so cool and sound great too. :cool:

Bono said:
Wow...Very nice and clean system.

Bono system #13
Thank you Bono for the kind words. And may i say "very classy" on your system

Last edited:
chris03053 said:
Hang that baby on the wall and put some Frescos. That will look so cool and sound great too. :cool:
I live in a condo so i don't know what the noise level will be, with the unit next door, if i put them on the wall.

Go for it!!

MR X said:
I live in a condo so i don't know what the noise level will be, with the unit next door, if i put them on the wall.
So you lose out on great speakers so you don't bother the other people? C'mon live a little.

Why Clarity's ?

chris03053 said:
So you lose out on great speakers so you don't bother the other people? C'mon live a little.
So i went to SoundAdvice to check on the Clarity's, and they don't even have them hook up. The sales guy tells me "you dont whant those". He's trying to push whatever they have on display. Can you believe that! :mad:

MR X said:
So i went to SoundAdvice to check on the Clarity's, and they don't even have them hook up. The sales guy tells me "you dont whant those". He's trying to push whatever they have on display. Can you believe that! :mad:
You know i went to a SoundAdvice down in Naples and those guys are like car salesman. I heard they carry a little higher end eqiupment so i wanted to check them out. I wasn't impress.

chris03053 said:
You know i went to a SoundAdvice down in Naples and those guys are like car salesman. I heard they carry a little higher end eqiupment so i wanted to check them out. I wasn't impress.
Hey Chris, i live in Naples and that's the one i went to. Next time your down here lets hook up and we'll go over there and toss some Big sceens around. :)
P.S. here's a better picture of my system. Still missing the MLs :(

Attachments

• DSC00776.JPG
    DSC00776.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 491
chris03053 said:
Chris Pappas
Londonderry N.H.

Prodigys,Ascents,Theater I, 2 Descents
Year Purchase 2003-2004

Equipment:
BK Ref50
BK 200-7
Krell 450Mcx
Sony Mega cd 400es
Sony Mega dvd 400
Sony dvd Recorder
Mitsubishi D-VCR
DishNetwork 721 & 921HD
Tivo
Samsung 15" Lcd
X-Box
2 Z-fans
Monster htp7000ss
Richard Gray 1200c
Esoteric UX-1
Mitsubishi WL82" HD Lcos

Cables/Interconnects/Powercords
Sigma Retros
Monster M1000
PS Audio Statements
I Love my MartinLogans!!
Hi Chris, I notice you have a Mitsubishi WL82"HD Lcos , How much room do you need for a set like that? and how is the picture on Hd?

Last edited:
Chucky said:
Hi Chris, I notice you have a Mitsubishi WL82"HD Lcos , How much room do you need for a set like that? and how is the picture on Hd?
Well Chucky i'll tell ya, it's a BIG BOY. You need at least 10' of wall (that's with the Prodigys i have) and 2' deep. It weighs 500lbs+ and has 4 wheels so you can roll it around. You thinking of getting one of these babys?

Chris,

I must say, you have one of the upper strata setups on this site. I like how you went with DUAL descents... yes, you are a man of impeccable infrasonic taste.

Yes, superb choices my friend! :D

Joey_V said:
Chris,

I must say, you have one of the upper strata setups on this site. I like how you went with DUAL descents... yes, you are a man of impeccable infrasonic taste.

Yes, superb choices my friend! :D
Joey thanks for the kind words. I like the choice of words you used. :) The Descents work great, it took awhile to adjust them in that room, but i'm getting there. Did you figure out how to post your system? I read that you got Mosaic. Tweeter is a great place to get a deal if your'e there at the right time. I got my demo Ascents for $2000 and used them for my front speakers for a year and they where awsome! Lets see your system soon. Rockon

Last edited:
I'll try to post my system once I move in to my apartment. My room is being utilized by my parents as a business room and I have 2 fax machines on my computer table... no good for showing off the Mosaics I tell you. :p

I'll try to get a good pic at school, although my apartment is no looker.

BTW, Tweeter is a good place to find good deals - I got my Mosaics on sale for only 1098$ for the pair. Couldnt find a deal like that even if I looked long and hard on audiogon. ;)

chris03053 said:
Well Chucky i'll tell ya, it's a BIG BOY. You need at least 10' of wall (that's with the Prodigys i have) and 2' deep. It weighs 500lbs+ and has 4 wheels so you can roll it around. You thinking of getting one of these babys?
I was looking at the 82" but they didn't have a hd source hook up to it. I also like the 70" sony, that had a great picture. I have the room to fit that big boy, just concern what kind of picture it will have. :confused:

Last edited:
Chucky said:
I was looking at the 82" but they didn't have a hd source hook up to it. I also like the 70" sony, that had a great picture. I have the room to fit that big boy, just concern what kind of picture it will have. :confused:
That Sony is a great hd. When i was looking to buy my hd they didn't have it hook up either. So i had the kid hook up the hd feed and then hook up a Denon 5900 too. You're going to spend that kind of cash they better make you happy. What kind of speakers do you have? And what about your system?

I'm back

chris03053 said:
That Sony is a great hd. When i was looking to buy my hd they didn't have it hook up either. So i had the kid hook up the hd feed and then hook up a Denon 5900 too. You're going to spend that kind of cash they better make you happy. What kind of speakers do you have? And what about your system?
Sorry i took so long to write, i was on vacation. I have Ascents for my main, Cinema for center and NHT for rear. I have to post some pictures. It's not up there with everybody elses system.

Back