System #327 (CLS IIz)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice indeed. well spent money in both system and room. i sure would like to hear it.

any idea what density fiberglass is in the ATS panels?

Nice room man. Great job!

A single seat solution, that's dedication :music:

A single seat solution, that's dedication :music:

it sure does make a statement when you tell the wife your going to listen to music. (lets her know she isnt invited without having to tell her!)

Love the Pete Murphy Maxell ad pic - I've been using that as my desktop background at work for a while...:)

With that amount of GIK panelling, I was amazed any sound makes it to the listening chair. Then I noticed the massive Pass:);)

Thanks for the comments guys!

Jim, I believe ATS uses mineral wool, not sure of the density, you can check out online at ATS Acoustics. Yeah, I've been divorced now for about 10 years, so the single seat got the OK by me!;)

Thanks Jon, you have an incredible HT room as well!

Justin, the room was extremely bright, all one inch drywall and two windows. I can actually increase the brightness by pulling up the cellular shades that cover the windows behind the speakers!

I've been wanting to try some different seating in my listening room due to the high back and overstuffed nature of my recliner. So I tried this new chair that was recommended by Paul McGowan from PS Audio in his November newsletter. I purchased this Poang series chair and footstool online from IKEA. Its comfortable, takes up less space and is easier to move around.

The best part is how much more information from the rear I'm hearing. Listening to Aimee Mann's MFSL SACD "Lost in Space" was a real treat today, surround sound with a 2 channel rig!

Attachments

• New Chair.JPG
    New Chair.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 604
I too, looked at the Poäng for my new listening room, but I thought the back was still too high. I'm still searching.

Now, I wish you could take chairs for home auditions and return them if they sound no good!

Well I just purchased a used pair of CLS IIz in dark oak finish. I should have them by Friday! Looking forward to it!

This pair did not come with stands and it appears that is a must have with these. I did find some Sound Anchor stands but a little pricey. What are the options for stands? Suggestions?

Congrats!! I dont know if you have a blacksmith shop near you, but they could make them cheap enough, then add paint.

So are the Vistas for sale?

Oh and why we are playing 20 questions, how old are the panels on the new toys?

Well I just purchased a used pair of CLS IIz in dark oak finish. I should have them by Friday! Looking forward to it!
Congratulations, Mark! One of these days I'd love to try a pair of CLS in my system.:music:

In keeping with the subject of another thread, I can help but wonder if the room is over-treated.

how old are the panels on the new toys?

I believe they are the original panels, manufacture date was 2/98. The seller said they still sounded good but I'm sure I'll be buying new panels in the future.

Last edited:
In keeping with the subject of another thread, I can help but wonder if the room is over-treated.

No doubt it may be for some people, I didn't use any scientific method on the number of panels just what my ears told me. I really like listening to the speakers and not the room! Also, if I raise all my window coverings and have the bare glass showing it tends to brighten the room a bit.

My new (used) toys arrived this afternoon, the CLS IIz in dark oak finish. They sound great with just a quick set up this evening but I'm sure I'll be tweaking for awhile. Any members have CLS stands for sale? These will need to be raised off the floor for sure.

Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

• P1000108.jpg
    P1000108.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,272
  • P1000105.jpg
    P1000105.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 637
Last edited:
Back