System #308 (CLX, Stage, Descent-i, Descent, Script-i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoc

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Lawrence Devoe
2. Location: Augusta Georgia
3. ML Model(s): CLX, Stage, Descent-i (2), Descent (2), Script-i
4. Year Purchased: 2005-2009
5. Mods/Changes: Descent-i's upgraded to CLX version

6. Associated Electronics:
Pass Labs: XP-20/XP-15/X-ONO/X-A100.5/X-3
Lexicon 12B-HD-Eq
Esoteric P-03/D-03/G-ORb/UX-1Pi
VPI HRX/12.7/Aries/10.5i
Clearaudio Goldfinger v.2/Stradivari/Lyra Titan Mono/Benz Micro Ruby Mono
Logitech Squeezebox Duet
EAD TheaterVision LaserDisc
Nakamichi CR-7A/Revox A77.MkIV
Nordost Thor Distributors (4)
Cables/Cords: Nordost Odin/Valhalla

7. I have made the upward journey from Ascent-i (2002) through Summits (2006) to CLX (2009). It has been an expensive climb that has proved to be worth it!

Attachments

• 1241374005[1].jpg
    1241374005[1].jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,741
  • 1241374006[1].jpg
    1241374006[1].jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,755
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,176
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,168
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,176
Last edited:
Larry, Your pic sizes are fine I merely uploaded one for you !

Again, superb looking system !

I make the following recomendations;

NONE! I am speechless.:bowdown:
gregadd::cool:

Last edited:
Lawrence, :drool::drool::drool:

That is a beautiful system well done!!!!

Larry

All I can say is......WOW!!!!!:bowdown:

And...extremely well done!

And...I wish I were you right now.

And...I need more money....now!

And..."YOU DA MAN!":rocker:

Dan

Ya' know....there are times when I feel like my system really sucks......this is one of those times:(

Last edited:
What a classy system you have!
Can't help feeling envy/happyness for you... Congatulations!

Amazing system. What kinds of music do you listen to ?

We need some closeup pictures; and don't forget the HRX.

no doubt I really would like some more pics. I am sure somebody you know can take some good pics of that great equipment.the HRX is the table I want for my system. is it easy to access your equipment? equipment integration into a room can be problematic when you accumulate as many components as you have.

I actually feel bad for you, because the next logical step is the huge project of having a whole dedicated listening room/theater constructed from the ground up!

no doubt I really would like some more pics. I am sure somebody you know can take some good pics of that great equipment.the HRX is the table I want for my system. is it easy to access your equipment? equipment integration into a room can be problematic when you accumulate as many components as you have.

If he is having space problems I would be glad to take the components that are cluttering up his room off his hands:D

I will try to get pics up of other parts of this system if space permits. The HRX with the heavy platter, rim drive and 12.7 arm is a great turntable. I am using it with the Clearaudio Goldfinger v.2. The analog sound is better than any digital that I have heard. I have room behind both speaker (about 3 feet clearance to get to both of my turntables which are on VPI solid stands and Black Diamond Racing sub-shelves. Since they are close to the speakers, they need this kind of isolation.
My main electronics are on Salamander Archetype shelves with casters so I can roll them out if need be. Maybe not as good as spikes but way more convenient if I have to change cords or cables.

Music Sources

I am working on getting more pics up. I have a varied collection of about 8000 lps. 3000 cds, and several hundred open reel and high resolution cassettes. Most of the music is classical and of that about 60% is opera. I do have the usual suspects including a bunch of Mo-Fi's, Proprius, and other demonstration standards. I also listen to internet sources (Rhapsody and Sirius) through my Squeezebox duet.

."..I have a varied collection of about 8000 lps. 3000 cds, and several hundred open reel and high resolution cassettes..."

I am not sure which is more impressive your sytem or your record collection.

gregadd:cool:

Bernard, I have updated the system pics. Attached are the pics of my HRX and Aries TTs.

Attachments

• IMG_01052.jpg
    IMG_01052.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_01062.jpg
    IMG_01062.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
HRX :drool::drool::drool:

now just hire some kid from your local HIFI shop to come over and hide all those wires. I hate wires to me they distract from the beauty of the equipment I don't care how much one paid for them the only ones I do not mind seeing are from the amp to the speakers

Bernard, I have updated the system pics. Attached are the pics of my HRX and Aries TTs.
Very nice system! Too bad the pictures are not larger....this coming from a guy who always complains that pictures are too large (but only when there is reason for the complaint, of course). Justin will laugh at this, no doubt.

Latest posts

Back