System #271 (Spire, Stage, Clarity)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice system, Steve!

I'm curious about the sound treatments behind your Spires. I've often wondered if I should get some room treatments.

the answer is a huge YES! they will make a difference .The ones behind my speakers to the sides of my screen come with a bit of controversy a lot of members like diffusion but the Diffusers directly behind my speakers their is some debate about whether it helps or hinders the sound performance I believe it was JonFo that measured some bad effects with the Qfusers behind his speakers I tried absorbers and thought it made the sound to dead I like it a little live from the front and dead in the back just as long as there is no slap echo.the gik 242 on the sides and the gik244 on the rear wall mad a huge difference in the bass and midrange also my stereo imaging improved immensely
you do not need quite as many panels as I have to make a difference but a few in the correct places will bring new life and magic to your sound. eventually I may also treat my ceiling with something. I would say that no matter where I had my system I would always try to incorporate some kind of sound treatment it makes that much of a difference to me and it is relatively cheap compared to what we spend on speakers,amps,CD players and so on.if you take your time it can look good and purposeful even in a living room environment where the WAF is at play.

Beautiful looking HT! Great Colors, great design, looks very neat! I bet your wife (if you are married!) highly approves of it! Blends in very well!

This is indeed a great looking setup, but isn't it time you update it with some new photo's Steve? I believe you have a whole new analog side, plus a bunch of tubes in the mix now correct? Would love to see the latest version of this system.

This is indeed a great looking setup, but isn't it time you update it with some new photo's Steve? I believe you have a whole new analog side, plus a bunch of tubes in the mix now correct? Would love to see the latest version of this system.

ah yes but I need a little time to take new good pics. I have also dumped my lexicon for a Denon that smokes the performance of the lexicon what an overrated piece of HIFI trash. I am going to build some of my own power cables to length so as I do not have wire everywhere only for aesthetics not for sonic improvements. I also need a shelf for my records I imagine in the next two weeks I will have all new photos.I also may include a time line of my HIFI evolution which many of you have contributed to. the synergy of the system has grown tremendously since joining this site. thanks again for you kind comments and helpful tips.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I had ever looked at your setup before now. Wow! Very nice and clean, not to mention great gear. I bet it sure sounds sweet. :music:

Glen

P.S.
I agree about the lighting and photos. Good job! For some reason I have not been able to get evenly lit pictures of my room without dark areas or blown out areas. Maybe my problem is the built in flash for my camera is not nearly enough. Hmmmm....

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I had ever looked at your setup before now. Wow! Very nice and clean, not to mention great gear. I bet it sure sounds sweet. :music:

Glen

P.S.
I agree about the lighting and photos. Good job! For some reason I have not been able to get evenly lit pictures of my room without dark areas or blown out areas. Maybe my problem is the built in flash for my camera is not nearly enough. Hmmmm....

I would say that the flash is a problem. have you ever experimented with double exposures? they work great with things that light up basically you layer 2 pics over each other in photo shop one taken in low light to show off the glow and the other taken in brighter light to show off the detail.

sorry for the bad pic of my analog gear I will remedy that soon I just need to straighten things out before I take some new pics.

I would say that the flash is a problem. have you ever experimented with double exposures? they work great with things that light up basically you layer 2 pics over each other in photo shop one taken in low light to show off the glow and the other taken in brighter light to show off the detail.

I've never experimented with that feature before. I'm assuming that they have to be exact duplicate pictures from the same angle? (ok that was probably a stupid question). I have done something similar with registax before when doing astrophotography. Maybe the same principle applies. Thanks for the tip.

Glen

I've never experimented with that feature before. I'm assuming that they have to be exact duplicate pictures from the same angle? (ok that was probably a stupid question). I have done something similar with registax before when doing astrophotography. Maybe the same principle applies. Thanks for the tip.

Glen

yup just use a tripod obviously and then you can overlay them adjusting the transparency of either one. I believe that's how I did it last time

Man, I just have to say that TT looks amazingly beautiful along with the rest of your gear. That MC stuff just always looks classic no matter what!:bowdown:

Back