System #271 (Spire, Stage, Clarity)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FISH_MAN

Reaction score
name:Steve
system:

front mains - Martin logan Spire
front center - Martin Logan Stage
sides - Martin Logan Clarity
sound processor - Lexicon MC-8 Ballanced
sacd - MARANTZ - SA-15 REFERENCE
HDCD -Rotel RCD-1072
power amp - Rotel RMB 1095 THX Ultra certified
power power conditioning -3 X Panamax 5500ex
projector - Panasonic PT-AE1000U via a 100" screen
auxiliary monitor - Veiwsonic 16" lcd
gaming systems-Sony sp3 & XBOX 360 Elite
pc hooked up via optical and hdmi
comcast high speed and hd dvr box
sound treatment - Gik 242, Gik 244, Gik corner, gik monster bass traps & auralex Qfusers
sound isolation - floating ceiling,1/4" soundblock on floor and walls,
Room size is- 13'x20'x8'

*analog equipment *
amp-McIntosh MC275
pre amp-McIntosh c2300
turn table-VPI classic. this TT has a 20 lb platter + ring clamp & HRX center weight.
cartridge-Ortofon 2M Bronze
record cleaning machine - VPI 16F

I have had a love for music & movies since a young age and have owned many speaker systems. only within the last few years have I found Martin Logan they truly make a spectacular speaker!
NEW PICS COMMING SOON!

Attachments

• analogracksm (1).jpg
    analogracksm (1).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 3,607
Last edited:
Very Nice!! The new SACD player looks great.

Most excellent and very clean set up. How much of a difference do you get from playing a SACD on the PS3 vs your MARANTZ SACD player, Just wondering. I know, I know just humor me..

Most excellent and very clean set up. How much of a difference do you get from playing a SACD on the PS3 vs your MARANTZ SACD player, Just wondering. I know, I know just humor me..

by the way thanks for all of your positive comments!!!

A very good and valid question! I have the one model PS3 that does not support SACD but I will tell you that the reason for the purchase of a good cd to begin with was that I think sonically the PS3 is not very good for music it is emotionless and harsh for some reason I just can't get past it or the xbox360 although I can listen to an Ipod for hours I really prefer the SACD it is truly a awesome device!

nice system,my question to you is: you have ml spires' and a stage and your powering it with rotels?????????:eek:

what's wrong whith that?

the Rotel 1095 is a great amp plenty of clean power for me. I may upgrade my
amp for the mains one day but I am really happy with the way it sounds right now and am a little worried if I replace the amp for the mains it may throw the whole system out of balance.

I almost always listen in 2 channel stereo although with some recording I
like Lexicons L7 for music. the stage holds up very nicely to the spires.
if I tweak the center channel in L7 the voices sound great.

I haven't auditioned a bunch of amplifiers, but I wouldn't be surprised if you might benefit from a better amp. Still, this is in the running for my favorite setup on this site! :bowdown:

Thanks Feltran I really appreciate that.:)

Hi Steve, nice setup.

Have you considered raising the rear speakers a bit (say 6" or so) for better coverage?
Might be interesting to try that.

Nice to see a treated front wall :cool:

yes I have jonfo just not got around to it yet but it is a good idea. I need to find something solid to set the on I may then get more mid range out of them.
the only thing I worry about is raising the up to high the panels are just at eye level now.

This is a great looking setup and a very well lit photograph of it. Have you ever tried small can lights right behind your speakers? I think that is a nice look and really shows off the see-through aspect of them.

I used 2 nikon flashes with umbrellas for the pics.some kind of light behind the speakers will be used I am trying to find just the right this that I can leave on most of the time without being a distraction.

nice !!

looks nice and clean !!
beautiful.
these speakers are also beautiful where one doesn't have to feel
like hiding them !!

Back