System #107 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold the Lector a month later when I realised I only played it when having dinner.

I like your style sir!
As for your system, well all I can say is when my hi-fi grows up hopefully it'll look a little like yours:)

Regards from another vinyl enthusiast!

I'd bet money that this system sounds every bit as sweet as it looks. Great collection of equipment with attention to detail.

Great to have another vinyl junky aboard!

MiTT said:
Great to have another vinyl junky aboard!

Tim I see you also use Jim White's front end and a serious TT set-up. Do you still buy vinyl and what do you buy and where? Have you seen how prices are skyrocketing for original issues of EMI, Decca, Errato etc.? I guess they where made from oil.

Dirk

Last edited:
Tim I see you also use Jim White's front end and a serious TT set-up. Do you still buy vinyl and what do you buy and where? Have you seen how prices are skyrocketing for original issues of EMI, Decca, Errato etc.? I guess they where made from oil.

Dirk
I still buy a fair amount of new vinyl from the usual internet outlets - Music Direct, Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc. I also have a co-worker who lives in the UK and he sends me an occasional "Care Package" of new vinyl. He sent me the new Kate Bush album about two months ago.

Here in Denver I have a friend who owns a used vinyl and book store called Black+Read. He has an assortment of new vinyl in most genres, but a much larger (say 25,000 units) assortment of used vinyl. I've found a few Columbia "six eyes", some RCA "shaded dogs" and even an original Mercury "Living Prsesence" there, all in very good shape. It's where I go to treasure hunt, and Danny (the owner) trys to give me a call whenever a particularly good looking collection comes in.

We also have a store called Wax Tracks and another called Twist & Shout, both of which have seperate storefronts carrying both new and used vinyl. They both cater more to the Rap/Hip-Hop/Trance/Electronic/House/Metal crowd, but I've also stumbled upon some good Alternative and Rock imports and domestic Jazz as well.

Yes, I have noticed the rising price of collectable originals. I attribute it to the fact that the format is continuing to enjoy an active resurgence; basic market demand. Makes me wish I was paying attention when I was about 10 and started collecting then!

MiTT said:
I still buy a fair amount of new vinyl from the usual internet outlets - Music Direct, Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc. I also have a co-worker who lives in the UK and he sends me an occasional "Care Package" of new vinyl. He sent me the new Kate Bush album about two months ago.

Here in Denver I have a friend who owns a used vinyl and book store called Black+Read. He has an assortment of new vinyl in most genres, but a much larger (say 25,000 units) assortment of used vinyl. I've found a few Columbia "six eyes", some RCA "shaded dogs" and even an original Mercury "Living Prsesence" there, all in very good shape. It's where I go to treasure hunt, and Danny (the owner) trys to give me a call whenever a particularly good looking collection comes in.

We also have a store called Wax Tracks and another called Twist & Shout, both of which have seperate storefronts carrying both new and used vinyl. They both cater more to the Rap/Hip-Hop/Trance/Electronic/House/Metal crowd, but I've also stumbled upon some good Alternative and Rock imports and domestic Jazz as well.

Yes, I have noticed the rising price of collectable originals. I attribute it to the fact that the format is continuing to enjoy an active resurgence; basic market demand. Makes me wish I was paying attention when I was about 10 and started collecting then!

Ahh, the joy and addiction of vinyl treasure hunting. I have picked many great ones for less than a buck!

Dirk, Very nice !! Gotta love a man who still plays vinyl and an ARC guy to boot !!

dbakker, can you tell me about the differences in sound per the Summits verus the Prodigys? I also collect and play LP's but your set up is fantastic. I just love your Audio Research gear and as you collect music from Russia and the other ex-eastern block nations.

Last edited:
Awesome system!

Our classical editor has the IO with both supplies and it is fantastic!
I wish I had one! I had a Callisto signature for a while and really
liked it a lot. Jim White makes great stuff...

Obviously a well thought out system that has been assembled with
care....

A truly beautiful system. I love the room - having such high ceilings must do wonders for the sound.

Latest posts

Back