System #297 (Summit X, Stage, Script i,)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flykmair

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Michael J Mc Donald

2. Location: XXX XXXXd Street, Gassville, Arkansas, 870-321-5270

3. ML Model(s): 2 pairs Of Aeon I's Both with Maple Trim Bought July 2008
1 Pair Of Vista's in Dark Cherry Bought May 2008 >> (Sold 4-1-09) <<
1 Stage Bought October 2008 <<<< Replaced my Dark Cherry Motif Bought June 2008
1 pair of Script I's installed in front room Bought may 2008
1 Pair Of Script I's new In Box Bought October 2008.. and they were brand spanking new, what a find!
1 Depth I Sub with Dark Cherry Top Bought March 2008 <<<< Sold>>
See Below For New sub Info
1 pair of Dark Cherry Spires.... Bought February 2009 Still new in Box.... Up for sale < Sold >
2 Pair of Summit X's > Now Running In place of Vista's < > 2nd set sold <

4. Year Purchased: (When did you purchase your Logans?) Purchases Began with Depth I sub in March 2008 and have been buying evrything I can! Ok so I am addicted, someone put me out of my misery already... LOL Okay so i have way more Martin Logan speakers then needed in a 1600 SQuare Foot Home. I am trying to corner the market. Between medical gear and audio equipment there isnt room for bodies in my home.. :ROFL:

5. Mods/Changes: (Have you done any modifications to your Logans?) None Yet

6. Associated Electronics: Broken down by Room!
>>>> FRONT ROOM, My main listening area. <<<<<<

PRE-Amp is a "Marantz AV-8003"
Amp: 3 Bel Canto e.One Ref 1000 Mono Block amps feeding Fronts and Center
2 Bel Canto e.One M300 Mono Block amps feeding a Pair of Script I's
>>>JL Audio F113 Subwoofer >>>> Bought April 6, 2009 <<<<<
Lexicon RT-20 Unoiversal DVD player.. Used for SACD, DVD-Audio and cds only. Both in 2 Channel and 5.1 mixes
Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD Blu-Ray player, used for Blu's and Standard DVDs
Toshiba Hd-XA2 Hd-Dvd Player..... I use this to play my 220 HD Dvd tittles in my collection
Xbox 360 Elite... Need this to play Halo series and Burnout Revenge....
Direct YV Model Hr-23.. Newest hd recording receiver.
Samsung PN50A650 50' Plasma TV... Sweet TV for the Price
Speaker cables to Vista's are 12 Foot Canare Bi-Wire 4S11 From Blue Jeans Cable
Cables to the Stage and Script I's is BJC Ten White From Blue Jeans Cable
XLR from Amps to pre-amp is Beldin 1800F From Blue Jeans Cable
Interconnects from Lexicon Rt-20 to Pre- are LC-1 running 5.1 and seperate 2.0 From Blue Jeans Cable
Everything is plugged into 2 seperate dedicated 20 amp circuits and wall outlets. When I bought the house Sept 2007 I had it rewired and upgraded to 20 Amp circuit throughout the whole house, since I love audio.
Home computer, custom Built by me: Amd quad core Phenom 9850 X4 Black edition 2.5 ghz O/C to 2.9 cooled by Asus Triton 79 CPU Cooler with 4 Gigs of Mushkin DDr2 1066 cl4 memory. Ati 4870 with 1 gig memory on a MSI K9A2 motherboard and Creative Extreme Music sound card with Digital I/o. 3 internal hard drives... 1 160 gig, 300 gig and 400 gig and one external hard drive 300 gig holding 250 gigs of lossless/flac music. All music is sent Via a 15 foot Fiber Optic cable to pre-amp. Case is Zalman Z-machine Gt-1000, drives are 1 plextor dvd burner, one sony burner and LG GGW-H20L Hd-DVd and Blu ray Drive and Burner! All this is going to Dell 2408WFP widescreen and also feed to Samsung PN50A650 as a back up Blu ray and Hd Dvd Player.

Consdiering buying A Marantz Sa11s2 ref cd player or the Sa7s1... Thats my next move.

>>> My Bedroom <<<<<

1 Pair of Aeon I's with maple Trim Bi-wired
Amps:
Harman Kardon Avr 325 as back up with back up Onkyo dvd player model 405
Bel Canto Integrated e.One S300iu 2 channel with USB port and internal Dac
Denon Dvd-3930CI
Interconnects are Blue Jean Cable LC-1

>>>> Moms Hospital Room in Our home: ><<<<

One Pair of Aeon I's with Maple Trim for 2 channel audio only
One set of Infinity TSS-1100 5.1 surround package. that 250 watt 12 inch sub and 5 sats with dual 3 1/2 woofers and single doom 1 inch tweeters. This is used for watching movies and Tv.

Amp...
Denon Avr-3808ci
Jolida Jd-100Rc tube intergrated.. Just sold.. or actually sale pending! This was used with Aeon I's for 2 channel audio
Denon Dvd-2930ci for sacd and Dvd-Audio 5.1 to Denon and 2.0 to Jolida
Toshiba Hd Dvd hd-a35
Sony Bdp-s550 For our 100 Blu rays
Direct Tv Hr-22 hd dvd recorder
Interconnects, Blue Jean Cable
Speaker wire to Aeon I's BJC 10 white
Speaker wire to Infinity speakers 12 gauge copper Carol wire...
Sharp Lc37GP1U lcd 37 inch

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: My plans were to put the Spires in moms room and give the Aeon I's to my dad. Since mom lost her hearing plans have no changed. I also was going to replace my Vistas with the summit X's in my front room and install the other 2 script i's for 7.1. I am still considering this move.
then the second set of Summit X's were going in my bedroom, ok I cant sleep without music..lol Those Aeon'I were going to a friend for his undying friendship during my struggles with my health and my moms. I was going to replace the S300 intgrated Bel canto with Ref 1000 Mk2 Mono blocks in the bedroom feed by Bel canto Cd-2 which works like a pre also, you can adjust volume with that player. Still deciding what to do at this point. I have gone thru so much audio gear in the last year. Pioneer elite receiver, another Denon 3808ci, nad t175 pre-amp, Nad M25 Amp, Krell Tas Amp, Nad M5 Sacd player. Jolida Jd-100RC, Nad 973 amp, Anthem P5, Halo 51, Klipsch RSW-12 Sub, PS3,Harman Kardon cd player multi disc,Klipsch rf-3, klipsch rc-3, klipsch rs-3, klipsch rb-35, Infinity Beta 50, beta 20 and beta c360. I was just trying to find what I like, what pleases my ears and not my Neighbors... LOL Martin Loagns I had also owned : Sources bought May 2008 used one week and upgraded to Vistas, Motif center, Fresco's 3 of them. All My Martin logan stuff was bought from Authorized Dealers, except the following: One set of script I's the ones I am using bought used on the Gon and both sets of Aeon I's bought used from Original owner.

Last edited:
Welcome Michael,

Sorry to hear about all of your travails. On the positive side, it looks like you have lots of options to play with when it does come time to enjoy your music or movies. That is an understatelment:bowdown: I see you have Seal, I know he has several albums in 5.1 surround sound. Are you really in to 5.1 surround sound or just a casual user:D

I didn't see any line conditioning equipment in your list above. I believe you have a whole other level to go with your system when you add a really good power conditioner.

Moms Room

Michael, Welcome to the fold !
Just thought I would post a picture of moms setup. Remove the Harman Kardon receiver and add the Denon avr-3808ci. Also add the sony BDP-s550, and Toshiba hd-a35 into the rack. Just thought I would show what her setup is like. Mike

Last edited:
Glad to see your system(s) here and sorry to hear about your Mom...

I did get a copy of that CD you mentioned in your previous post about your Mom.. Sara Brightman's "La Luna"... I had to hunt around to find the SACD version of it, but it's really really good!

Tom.

Hey, I wonder if you are the first to order Summit X's in the club? And 2 pairs. Wow! Not sure, though....

5.1 surround Music

Welcome Michael,

Sorry to hear about all of your travails. On the positive side, it looks like you have lots of options to play with when it does come time to enjoy your music or movies. That is an understatelment:bowdown: I see you have Seal, I know he has several albums in 5.1 surround sound. Are you really in to 5.1 surround sound or just a casual user:D

I didn't see any line conditioning equipment in your list above. I believe you have a whole other level to go with your system when you add a really good power conditioner.

Does this answer your Question: ;)

>>>>> My DVD-Audio Disc <<<

1: Seal 1
2: Seal 2
3: Seal 4
4: Seal Greatest Hits
5: Queen -- Night At the Opera
6: STP ---- Core
7: Alanis Morissette --- Under Rug swept
8: Metallica --- Black Album
9: Fleetwood Mac --- Rumors
10: Eagles --- Hote California
11: Alice Cooper --- Welcome to my Nightmare
12: Alice Cooper -- Billion Dollar Babies
13: Blue Man Group --- Audio
14: Blue Man Group --- The Complex
15: Ultimate Mancini
16: Orff -- Carmina Burna
17: Elton John -- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
18: Mike Oldfield --- Tubular bells 2003
19: Santana --- Supernatural
20: Linkin Park --- Reanimation
21: The Corrs --- In Blue
22: Blue Oyster Cult --- A Long Days Night Live
23: Disturbed --- Believe
24: Reo Speedwagon --- Live Plus
25: UFO --- Lights Out Tokyo Live
26: Megadeth --- Peace sells, but who's buying
27: Bruce Dickinson --- Balls To Picasso
28: Queensryche --- Empire
29: Queensryche --- Tribe
30: Rem --- Out Of Time
31: Beatles --- Love
32: Oliva Newton John --- 1 womans live Journey
33: Aaron Neville ---- Nature Boy
34: Diana Krall --- The Look Of Love
35: Diana Krall ---- Love Scenes
36: Diana Krall ---- When I Look In Your Eyes

>>>> My SACd Collection So Far <<<<

1: Michael Jackson ---- Thiller
2: Beethoven Symphony 4 and 7
3: Fiedler --- Rhapsody In Blue (RCA Living Stereo)
4: Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto 1 with
Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto 2
5: Beethovens -- 9th symph Karajan
6: Mozart -- Royal Philharmonic
7: Elton John -- Elton John
8: Elton John --- Tumbleweed Connection
9: Elton John ---- Madman Across The Water
10: Elton John --- Captain Fantastic
11: Elvis --- # 1's
12: Moody Blues -- A Question Of Balance
13: The Carpenters --- Singles 69-81
14: Gloria Estefen -- Greatest Hits
15: Carole King -- Tapestry
16: Heart --- Alive In Seattle
17: Pink Floyd's --- Darkside Of The Moon
18: Aerosmith ---- Toys In The Attic
19: Earth Wind And Fire -- Alive 75
20: CCR --- The Concert
21: Deep purple --- Live on The BBC
22: A Boy Named Charlie Brown
23: Genesis -- Box Set 1970 - 1975 Uk Edition
24: Genesis -- Box Set 1976 - 1982 Uk Edition
25: Genesis -- Box Set 1983-1998 Uk Edition
26: Sarah Brightman --- La Luna

Still working on adding more Sacd and Dvd-Audio when I find the deals! Oh and this doesnt include my Hd-DVD or Blu Ray Concerts or My standard Def Concerts DVD's..

Last edited:
Updated...

3-24-09

I had sold both sets of Summit X's and was going to keep the Spires. Well the person whom was buying the second set of Summit X's couldn't get all the money and left here with my Spires. So I now have what I wanted, my Summit X's and starting to break them in as I type. I will update my system after break in and placement is finalized. I should have the new photo's of the front room with the Summit X's and also my Third room with the Aeon I's posted in about 2 weeks.

My first Martin Logan Setup

This was my first Martin Logan set up in May 2008 and Sources were quickly replaced with Vistas. Just thought I would put this in here, since people seem to think I never have what i say I have.
Martin Logan Sources
martin Logan Motif
Martin Logan depth i
Denon Avr 3808ci
Denon DVD-3930CI
PS3
Toshiba Hd-a35
Direct Tv Hd recorder
Toshiba 40xf550u
Sides were Klipsch rb35 not shown
Surround Backs Klipsch rs-3 not shown

Last edited:
Summit X's Installed!

I have run my Summit X's for about 50 hours. Just for fun while I was boxing up the Vista's I hooked one Vista to the left front and one Summit X's on right front. Talk about a world of difference. The sound stage is so much wider and each instrument is more defined. Eventhough they aren't broke in the sound so much better than the Vistas. They make the Vistas seem harsh! Can't wait till I have around 200 hours on them. I will post photos this weekend on maybe even on thrusday or friday.

Here is the First Photo!

Last edited:
Seeing is Believing, thus Summit X Photo's

Well folks, this is for all the people that doubted I had those Summit X's. Take a look, they are now where my Vistas used to be and I am loving them. Next step is wall treatments and looking for advice on what to use. I have an issue with bass being stronger above the listening area. I have it perfect where I sit, but stand an wow almost double the bass. Has anyone had this issue? Have about 50 actual playing hours on the Summit X's, and I can finally say I am so close to being very satisfied and hopefully set for awhile. LOL Just thought I would include the photo of the Summit X's boxes and the speakers under the black covers were my Vistas. I sold them to a very nice man in Nevada and told him about this site. So who know this site may have a new member.

Last edited:
Well folks, this is for all the people that doubted I had those Summit X's. Take a look, they are now where my Vistas used to be and I am loving them. Next step is wall treatments and looking for advice on what to use. I have an issue with bass being stronger above the listening area. I have it perfect where I sit, but stand an wow almost double the bass. Has anyone had this issue? Have about 50 actual playing hours on the Summit X's, and I can finally say I am so close to being very satisfied and hopefully set for awhile. LOL Just thought I would include the photo of the Summit X's boxes and the speakers under the black covers were my Vistas. I sold them to a very nice man in Nevada and told him about this site. So who know this site may have a new member.

well now all we need to see is a pic of you and mom with all the gear!

well now all we need to see is a pic of you and mom with all the gear!

Wow! Here u go my mom in all her glory! Now you get your behind here and help me use the Hoyer lift to get her out of the hospital bed. After I stick her in the wheel chair, you can push her room to room and we will have a neighbor come over and snap a photo! Heck, guess you would require me to upload all my audio receipts and include serial numbers and then take photos of each item showing the stupid serial number!

Last edited:
New Rule!

If you desire to insult me, be a man about it! You now have 2 choice's. 1: Get in your car and drive to Gassville, Arkansas, and then call my number and i will be more than willing to discuss the issue with you eye to eye!

2: My number is posted in my system description. Pick up your phone and call and voice your views to me over the phone!

You assume I am lying well, come on down! I hide absolutely nothing from anyone!

holy crap, this is getting a bit creepy in here for sure!
Just an acoustics tip: You may want to move the couch away a bit from the wall for better sound.
:meditate:

Back