Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Sunday it's Shawn Mullins, Soul's Core.
He had a hit from this album about 10 years back - Lullaby.
It's a good mix of singer/songwriter type stuff. He definately puts his soul into his music.
The recording is OK, not great, but the music is good. Especially for a mellow Sunday morning before everyone else get up.

Attachments

• Mullins.jpg
    Mullins.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 109
My rig is semi torn down, as I'm rebuilding the screen supports, so this morning I'm listening to Classical on the living room Mirage OmniSat's (+SVS Sub) driven by an Audiotron Playing high-bit rate MP3.

Not quite what I'm used to, but fine for reading the forum while the coffee wakes me up to go finish the screen install. Followed by the dreaded projector calibration. This time, full mechanical focus, EM focus, registration and alignment. For three resolution/refresh rates.
<sigh>
Gonna be a long day, so must relax, which is why the Beethoven string quartets is just the kind of music to hear first thing.

51lUSuno4fL._AA240_.jpg

Some Kansas this morning. Got this CD in Kansas :rolleyes: Point of Know Return.

Attachments

• 51YP7DZMS0L._SS500_.jpg
    51YP7DZMS0L._SS500_.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 117
Some Kansas this morning. Got this CD in Kansas :rolleyes: Point of Know Return.

NICE! A man after my own heart! Listening to some Hoobastank right now, but I have been hitting the Kansas and Forigner of late too! Love that late 70's and 80's rock! Nothing better!

Yellowjackets
Twenty Five

51PW5WC1WPL._AA240_.jpg

Really good live recording of a really good jazz-fusion band. One of my favorite Yellowjackets discs.

None this morning, helping my mom move, but this evening "GBYBR" by Elton John in the SuperDisk pressing and will follow up with RHCP "Californication."

None this morning, helping my mom move, but this evening "GBYBR" by Elton John in the SuperDisk pressing and will follow up with RHCP "Californication."

You know, I find that interesting. I don't think I ever know what I'm going to play until it's time to pull something off the shelf. Sometimes I find myself standing in front of my CDs staring at them for many minutes before I can decide.

You know, I find that interesting. I don't think I ever know what I'm going to play until it's time to pull something off the shelf. Sometimes I find myself standing in front of my CDs staring at them for many minutes before I can decide.

Sometimes I get a couple of artists or a theme set in my head and that is what I'll listen to. Other times I pick randomly or look until something catches my eye. All a question of my mood at the time, I guess.

There is a radio station in MA. that plays "Sunday Morning Blues" from 9am til noon. Streaming www.wzlx.com

Just hanging and having some coffee.:)

Paul McCanerty's Tripping the Live Fantastic. This is a very good live 2 CD set with many Beatles classic songs.

Attachments

• Trip.jpg
    Trip.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 194
Baroque morn

Music by Pachelbel, J.F. Fasch and G.F. Handel

Canon in D, Partia No. VI, Partie in G; Concerto in D (Trumpet),Sinfonia in G, Sinfonia in A; Mostly complete Sonatas for violin and continuo.

• Mirage, Klaus Schulze
  • Katodivaihe, Pan Sonic

Good old 70s spacey, planante electronic music in the first case. Brand new experimentalism around a vintage 808-rhythmbox in a pristine recording in the second.

Just perusing around and I ended up spending some coin on some recommended recording mentioned in this thread...

RIDING WITH THE KING/ CLAPTON,ERIC / KING,B.B.

The New Miles Davis Quintet / Miles Davis Quintet

Trick Of The Tail [5/15] / Genesis

Feed The Fire / Betty Carter
(This one is not mentioned here but the track Love Notes really caught my attention listening to a jazz station on the way home from work one day. Betty's voice was so cativating that I had to get this recording. Not sure of the quality of the recording (until I get it on the big rig) but knew the woman had a voice that should shiver the ML ReQuests and me!) Details of this recording are: Geri Allen - piano, Jack DeJohnette - drums, Dave Holland - bass. Recorded live on October 30, 1993 at the Royal Festival Hall, London, England

25 / Yellowjackets

BEST OF ACOUSTIC/ JETHRO TULL (Acoustic and new release...gotta check this one out being a Tull fan, geeze I can't wait...)

Bound Away / Last Train Home

Barnstorm / Joe Walsh (Curious to see what Joe has been up to since 1993's So What)

Rock With Me Baby / Little Hatch

Also the latest perusing through Elusive Disc forced me to order the following:

FRANK ZAPPA/WE'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY GOLD CD
MOBILE FIDELITY GOLD CD

STEELY DAN/AJA 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION 180g LP
CISCO 180G LP

RUSH/SNAKES & ARROWS 180g 2LP
WEA 180g LP (2LP)

There's so much more to check out, including some of the orchestral recordings which I want to listen to more of. I have a few favorites here but not enough to know the "field of possibilities" yet.

There's another 7 or 8 recordings in my wishlist at Tower but enough spending. I think I have enough material to listen to...for now.

Sam

Last edited:
Just perusing around and I ended up spending some coin on some recommended recording mentioned in this thread...

Bound Away / Last Train Home

Barnstorm / Joe Walsh (Curious to see what Joe has been up to since 1993's So What)

Sam

Sam, "Barnstorm" was released in 1972, so it won't tell you what Joe's been up to since 1993! :rolleyes:
Also, don't forget "Last Good Kiss" by Last Train Home. I think it's even better than "Bound Away". :rocker:

You've picked some good ones!

Thanks for correcting me there Steve.

Could not find a recording of Last Good Kiss at the time. I'll look around more...got plenty of listening to do once these selections come in.

Sam, "Barnstorm" was released in 1972, so it won't tell you what Joe's been up to since 1993! :rolleyes:
Also, don't forget "Last Good Kiss" by Last Train Home. I think it's even better than "Bound Away". :rocker:

You've picked some good ones!

The Who - Endless Wire

I've been on vacation for a week (I left a day after getting my new CD Player), so anything sounds good this Sunday morning. But it's The Who's new album Endless Wire that's got me listening.
It's Daltry and Townsend (more like Townsend with Daltry singing) and it doesn't feel like a couple of old rockers putting something out and hoping you'll buy just because of the name. It's got some good music and very much worth a listen, especially for the Who fans among us. As long as you're not expecting Who's Next, you should enjoy it.
It also comes with a DVD (some do not, so look before you buy) and a Live at Leon bonus CD, neither of which I've had a chance to check out yet.
Mike

Attachments

• who_endlesswire.jpg
    who_endlesswire.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 137
Love them Junkies...

Cowboy Junkies: At the End of Paths Taken

Attachments

• Cowboy Junkies.jpg
    Cowboy Junkies.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 137

Latest posts