Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is that Gnarls Barkley album? I really like the title song. It's funny, I heard it on the radio in Austin the other day, being performed by a local female singer. It was kind of cool hearing it with a little Texas twang!
I have the full CD; I think there are only a couple of good songs on it. Takes a while to warm up to, not my typical listening music.

The vinyl copy is black with a big white "X" on it. It has two songs a side. Side one is "Crazy" followed by an instrumental only version of Crazy. Side two is another "just okay" song followed by another instrumental version of the same song. I got 30% off, so not bad for $5.00 of never been played before vinyl.

The quality of the record is like other digital to vinyl experiences (Jimmy Hendrix comes to mind), not very involving at low and medium volume, gotta crank it up to make it come alive – and still not all that warm.

Wow, This album sure stirred up some of the curiosity over at the carnuts forum!

Play it I shall...the plastic sleeve shall be cut open one of these up and coming evenings and away it will spin.!
We have to figure out a way to share this, might be more interest in certain circles than you first thought.:cool:

By way of some recommendations and some of my favorite artists, the following arrived today when I came home from work

Left to right, top to bottom:

Jethro Tull, The Best of Acoustic
Miles Davis, The New Miles Davis Quintet, Miles
Yellowjackets, Twenty Five
Genesis, A Trick of the Tail
Joe Walsh, Barnstorm
B.B. King & Eric Clapton, Riding with the King

Waiting on a few more...but for now...

"This is gonna be great!"

Attachments

• Aug 021c.jpg
    Aug 021c.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 130
"Aaron Neville - Soul Classics" and "Coldplay - Rush of Blood to the Head" on my tube amp system with Aeon i's. 24 tube watts of tube sound working in harmony with ESLs

Attachments

• Soul Classics.jpg
    Soul Classics.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Rush of Blood to the head.jpg
    Rush of Blood to the head.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Donald Fagen: The Nightfly; Steve Winwood: Back in The Highlife

I went back in time and hit it hard today :rocker:

Uraih Heep

DIO - Rainbow

I was in a hard mood !:D

I went back in time and hit it hard today :rocker:

Uraih Heep

DIO - Rainbow

I was in a hard mood !:D

C.A.P.
Wow its been a long time for the Heep for me as well...in fact the last time I listened to them it was played back on reel to reel...never owned any of their albums. Still have those tapes, I should play them for the heck of it.

Too busy yesterday to post what I'd listened to. Finally had a chance to sit down and listen to some vinyl after being on the road for almost 3 weeks. Joni Mitchell started me off with "Blue", then a listen to Ryan Adams newest "Easy Tiger", followed by Wilco's latest "Sky Blue Sky" (perhaps my new favorite by them) and finished with the latest from The Dears, "Gang of Loosers". Great morning of music!

Attachments

• JMitchel_Blue.jpg
    JMitchel_Blue.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 92
  • RyanA_Cover.jpg
    RyanA_Cover.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Skybluesky.jpg
    Skybluesky.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DearsGangofLoosers.jpg
    DearsGangofLoosers.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 94
Too busy yesterday to post what I'd listened to. Finally had a chance to sit down and listen to some vinyl after being on the road for almost 3 weeks. Joni Mitchell started me off with "Blue", then a listen to Ryan Adams newest "Easy Tiger", followed by Wilco's latest "Sky Blue Sky" (perhaps my new favorite by them) and finished with the latest from The Dears, "Gang of Loosers". Great morning of music!

Tim, a friend of mine just saw Wilco live. I had told him that Impossible Germany from Sky Blue Sky was one of my favorite songs. He then said they did an extended version of that song that was great. I think I've got to check these guys out live.

Last edited:
Tim, a friend of mine just saw Wilco live. I had told him that Impossible Germany from Sky Blue Sky was one of my favorite songs. He then said they did an extended version of that song that was great. I think I've got to check these guys out live.

Yeah, "Impossible Germany" may be my favorite cut from the album too, but the more I listen to it the more I like different aspects of it. Same thing with the Dears album - sort of like a Wilco/Blur/Radiohead sound - but very unique in it's own right.

There is a LOT of good alternative music around right now!

More Sky Blue Sky - Wilco comments:

I've got the version that included a Tweedy interview intermixed with live music DVD. I haven't had much time to spend watching/listening to the DVD yet, but I believe the live music is the band rehearsing at the recording studio.

If I'm not mistaken, VW has purchased the rights to use songs (if not every one) from Sky Blue Sky in their commercials. I just hope it doesn't get obnoxious, because I really like this CD.

Gotta keep this thread alive

This thread has come up every single Sunday for about as long as I can remember, but it hasn't come up yet today. Can't let that happen, now can we? I have been listening to this new cd produced by Phil Ramone, entitled "We All Love Ella." It is a tribute to Ella Fitzgerald and is better than most tribute albums. Great sonics, great vocals, lots of talent.

Attachments

• 11XwYRtU9CL._AA90_.jpg
    11XwYRtU9CL._AA90_.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 127
The local PBS station just broadcast a live Pink Floyd concert for their fund raiser - it was awesome even though I didn't have time to fire up the H.T. and just caught the last four songs.

Micah P. Hinson ~ Micah P. Hinson and the Gospel of Progress

Attachments

• micah.jpg
    micah.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 95
Got to listen to my system for the first time in 3 weeks and this is what I played.
Edith Piaf
Little Feet
The Doobie Brothers

Attachments

• 4144YJ7NCBL._AA240_.jpg
    4144YJ7NCBL._AA240_.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 91
  • cmf770.jpg
    cmf770.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 93
  • caudfi25.jpg
    caudfi25.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 85
Got to listen to my system for the first time in 3 weeks and this is what I played.

Cherian, Good morning !!........ first time in three weeks ...I wonder why ? !!! trust mother and baby are doing fine !!

"Riding with the King" - Eric Clapton with B.B. King, DVD-Audio in 5.1 on my HT system.

hey Craig, thanks for the 'heads up' on this one, finally got around to picking up the CD, been enjoying it for the last couple of weeks !!

A little Coleman Hawkins this AM

A very nice 'half-speed' mastering by MoFi from the original 1957 recording, now on 180 gram vinyl.

The man can sure play tenor sax !! The 'Hawk' lives !!

Attachments

• 419q9nSXGTL__AA240_.jpg
    419q9nSXGTL__AA240_.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Back