Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today it was:
  • Luigi Nono, Prometeo - Tragedia dell'ascolto (Ingo Metzmacher, conductor)
  • Wolfgang Rihm, String Quartets 1-4 (Minguet Quartet)

Kai Winding & JJ Johnson: The Great Kai and JJ, great jazz trombonists; Four Tops: Anthology

No music yesterday morning, went on a great mountain bike ride instead. Once I got back home and was in "recovery" mode (read nice fat chubby carnitas burrito and some killer margaritas), I was in an old school mode. Some of the recent threads here got me pulling out the Genesis and Alan Parsons vinyl. "Trick of the Tail" and "Then There Were Three" by the former and "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" and "Turn of a Friendly Card" by the latter. Good stuff all around!

Attachments

• Genesis_-_And_Then_There_Were_Three.jpg
    Genesis_-_And_Then_There_Were_Three.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 200px-Trick76.jpg
    200px-Trick76.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 164
  • AlanParsonsProjectTalesofMysteryandImagination.jpg
    AlanParsonsProjectTalesofMysteryandImagination.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 155
  • The_Alan_Parsons_Project_-_The_Turn_of_a_Friendly_Card.jpg
    The_Alan_Parsons_Project_-_The_Turn_of_a_Friendly_Card.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 163
I was in an old school mode. Some of the recent threads here got me pulling out the Genesis and Alan Parsons vinyl. "Trick of the Tail" and "Then There Were Three" by the former and "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" and "Turn of a Friendly Card" by the latter. Good stuff all around!

Some time ago you were sitting inches away from this stuff... such a pity we did not have the time to pull it out and spin it :)

Some time ago you were sitting inches away from this stuff... such a pity we did not have the time to pull it out and spin it :)

Next time my friend - we will make more time to spend just relaxing about Villa Radu! That would be great!

Been a Sonny Rollins kind of Fathers Day this morning - "Our Man In Jazz" and my personal favorite "The Bridge", both on Classic 45 reissues. Nice!

Attachments

• Rollins-omij.jpg
    Rollins-omij.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Rollins-bridge.jpg
    Rollins-bridge.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 141
Today it was two new albums on vinyl for me. Wilco - "Sky Blue Sky", which I think is their best yet. This was a half-speed mastered vinyl. Then, for something totally different I spun Patricia Barber - "Live A Fortnight in France", another incredible album from Blue Note Records. It's nice to listen to stellar performances on audiophile quality media. - Steve

The sounds of F1 cars at Indy! That LH is some kind of driver! 2 poles and 2 wins in a row! WOW! That is Michael Schumacher kind of driving there!

Saint Saens: Symphony #3 "Organ" Louis Fremaux City of Birmingham Orchestra
Hindemith: Symphony in E-flat Sir Adrian Boult London Symphony Orchestra

• Pierre Boulez, The Three Piano Sonatas (Paavali Jumppanen, Piano)
  • Produkt, Float

Schubert Sunday

Schubert Symphonies are on tap this morn. Sawallisch conducting the Staatskapelle Dresden on Phillips, symphonies #s 3, 4, 8, & 9 from the lovely boxed set.

• Pierre Boulez, Marteau Sans Maitre (EIC, Hilary Summers, Pierre Boulez)
  • Klaus Schulze, En=Trance

If you haven't heard this, check it out

Title / Chants, Hymns and Dances.

Artists are Anja Lechner / violincello and Vassilis Tsabropoulos / piano. Music by Gurdjieff and Tsabropoulos.

ECM New Series 1888 / B0003036-02.

Absolutely engaging in a very simplistic but yet complex and mellow way. It's one of those magical CD's that you can listen to time and time again. Wonderful interplay between violincello and piano. Melodic and mesmerizing.

One of my "I need to listen to something that sooths the soul" CD's.

Very highly recommended.

GG

• Vivaldi, 6 Double Concertos (Isaac Stern, Jean-Pierre Rampal)
  • Brendan Perry, Eye of the Hunter

Yesterday I listened to four Beetle's CD's in a row.

Rubber Soul
A Hard days Night
Beetles for Sale
Help

Then later at night I watched some of Larry King Live with Paul and Ringo.

"Riding with the King" - Eric Clapton with B.B. King, DVD-Audio in 5.1 on my HT system.

Attachments

• King.jpg
    King.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 160
Salina, Ks Blues today !

Craig, I'm here'in ya with the 'Blues', spinning my "Little Hatch" CD, recorded in
the 'Church' in salina, Ks

Attachments

• APO-2012LG.jpg
    APO-2012LG.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 170
Back