Silly Blu-Ray question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube60

Reaction score
Hi all
I've just come into posession of a 62" 1080p DLP TV. It was ordered scrapped by the mfr, but it just needs a few things in the power supply replaced. To take full advantage of it, I'm going to purchase a BD player, and my question is this: Until I get a proper HT receiver, will the player feed 2 ch analog to the stereo outputs, so I can use my Mac preamp & the rest of my audio gear temporarily? I couldn't get a satisfactory answer from the salesman at the store. It's Insignia's new upgradeable player. I like the price and the features it has, and it's been rated well; the NS-2BRDVD.
Thanks in advance for my silly question!:rolleyes:

I would think so, just hook-up the L/R fronts and you should be fine. There may be some adjustments that need to be made in the player set-up menu but check the manual for that. Good luck.

I own the sony bds350 and you can tell the player to put out analog two channel you also are given a bunch of audio controlls such as compression rates from heavy to full dynamic range and so on it works and sounds great over 2 channel analog I use it with my fresco i's this way and it sounds great. my dad also has the same player with his vistas and it also sounds great this way.I would recomend the sony bds350

Thanks guys for the advice. I was worried that when playing BD discs especially, the mfr. assumed that an HT receiver would be in use, and cut off analog to it's own 2ch outputs, relying instead on an HT receiver to do it's own processing.

*update*
I decided to go for the Sony BDPS-550 player over the Insignia unit. It wasn't much more dosh, and it has more features, and is preloaded with 2.0; no need to immediately upgrade. I'm still in the burn-in process since I just bought it yesterday, so I can't comment yet on it's audio performance. It's video performance in fantastic, and seems to be getting better as it burns in on that side of it's abilities.

Back