New ML model coming!!! UPDATE! "NEOLITH" INFO INSIDE!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Martin Logan have already started working on the Neolith 'i' upgrade option... :devil:

That thing is flippin' awesome. Can't wait to hear it.

Absolutely love the looks and the way it channels the Aeon -> Prodigy (gen2) line. Love it.

I would stop short of "Statement-Class" though - it is not Statement class if it has an integrated woofer to muddy the sound of the ESL.

Last edited:
This most likely previews the design language. The thicker bracing is better for audio performance bit I will miss the simpler and elegant design the Summit introduced.

Quick. Book that flight now. Munich is where it is at. Leave the wife behind. It's not too late. Really it isn't.:devil::rocker:

Intriguing video, Looks like they got Tony Stark in to build the Prototype :cool:

Looks to me like an updated Monolith (ergo the: Neo-Lith) with a transmission-line bass section and a Prodigy sized panel (maybe a smidge bigger, but not quite Gen1 Monolith width).

Panel bracing is a good idea, even if the WAF is lowered, this one is about performance, not looks IMHO.

Look forward to more details.

The competition is getting stronger and is priced around $60K too.

There is plenty of strong competition in the $15k to $25k price range, from Sanders, Maggie, Soundlab, Quad, and a few others. I really think it will be a mistake if they price this thing upwards of $40k.

Agreed, it would be yet another out of reach product for most of us otherwise. If it were a hybrid of CLX/prodigy status and priced at £20k I'd be very interested..

Well. My stupid opinion. First of all... Who gives a flog about WAF on a statement speaker. When it comes to my music rig WAF has never been a consideration for me. She cares about the price for sure - but looks etc.... It doesn't matter as long as the sound benefit equals or exceeds the cost.

Here is the thing I am hopefully excited about. Any possible trickle down design effect for future models. The absolute most I could even fathom to go is 15k for any speaker and I think that is insane. And for that it would have to be really special and something that would stay till the end. I think I have found that speaker though and I never thought I'd be willing to go that far. But I'm starting to believe in the yolo world.

MartinLogan Unveils NEOLITH
A Statement Class Curvilinear Hybrid Electrostatic Loudspeaker
The stunning Neolith pays tribute to MartinLogan’s heritage, incorporating advanced audio technologies with exquisite components, materials, and design.

Munich, Germany – High End 2014 – May 15–18, 2014 – Atrium 4, F 116 – MartinLogan, the world’s leader in electrostatic speaker technology, proudly unveils their upcoming statement class hybrid electrostatic speaker, Neolith. Culminating from MartinLogan’s three-decade long history of pushing the limits of audio technology, Neolith combines a stunning performance that evokes the legendary Statement Evolution 2 loudspeaker while capturing the iconic simplicity of MartinLogan’s original inspiration—the Monolith.
When released in 1983 MartinLogan’s Monolith hybrid electrostatic loudspeaker, with its gossamer thin transparent diaphragm, represented an exciting new direction for electrostatic technology. The iconic new low-mass curvilinear design, combined with exhaustive crossover engineering and dynamic driver research, set new standards for dynamic range, precision, and bandwidth.

STATEMENT LEVEL PERFORMANCE
While Monolith was our inspiration, Neolith’s technical execution and unrestrained performance evokes MartinLogan’s legendary Statement evolution 2 loudspeaker. In comparison, Neolith features a 22x48-inch electrostatic transducer with a radiating surface 35% larger than that of the Statement e2. Flawlessly matched with the electrostatic panel, a 15-inch rear-firing ported woofer and 12-inch front firing sealed mid-bass woofer deliver deeply moving, powerful, and extremely accurate bass down to 23Hz. A fully passive design allows customers to single wire or bi-amp the speaker with high-performance audiophile grade solid state or tube amplifiers.
Neolith is built with an exceptional, super-dense composite material, creating an ideal baffle with a high-mass design that inherently minimizes cabinet vibrations resulting from reactive forces of the powerful woofers.
Featuring MartinLogan’s largest electrostatic radiating surface to date, Neolith’s proprietary curvilinear electrostatic transducer delivers an enveloping 3-dimensional soundstage. MartinLogan’s unique controlled dispersion electrostatic technology results in a single transducer capable of reproducing nearly the entire the audio spectrum while minimizing undesirable acoustic interactions with a listening room’s side walls, floor, and ceiling.
Neolith’s hybrid system delivers living sound—perfectly rendered as it was originally performed with the distinct energy and personality of every voice and every instrument.

FINISH OPTIONS & AVAILABILITY
The handcrafted Neolith will be available in a variety of custom luxury paint finishes. Full details on these colors, pricing, availability and the all important technical specifications will be available at a later date; keep checking the MartinLogan web page in the months to come: www.martinlogan.com/neolith

Since 1983 MartinLogan has handcrafted high performance electrostatic speakers. Their award-winning designs, advanced technologies, and outstanding customer service have long made MartinLogan's amazingly detailed speakers a must have for home theater and music lovers around the world. Located in Lawrence, Kansas, MartinLogan's dedicated in-house design and engineering team carefully creates each speaker to provide unparalleled sound reproduction along with industry leading aesthetics.

Here is what I think is the most important statement in that press release:

A fully passive design
allows customers to single wire or bi-amp the speaker with high-performance audiophile grade solid state or tube amplifiers.

Here is what I think is the most important statement in that press release:

A fully passive design
allows customers to single wire or bi-amp the speaker with high-performance audiophile grade solid state or tube amplifiers.

This is basically like every hybrid ML ever produced prior to the Summit generation.

Latest posts

Back