hi everyone. my photos are attached here...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevineolson

Reaction score
I'd like to remind everyone that while understandably the high end ML ESL gear is -maybe- more relevant or interesting there are those of us that have the folded motion tweeter and 4series bookshelves (I have a ML8" sub - absolutely necessary in this scenario). I have become creative and knowledgeable - also cynical. for those of you that vinyl is favorite media format let's talk! I love perfectly placing speakers and using my library and art as methods of perfecting as much as I can the sound.

I also have the luck of an audiophile father and use all Tandberg 3 series 80-90s components. A pain but worth it I think. growing up in a ML household I think makes me more in tune w/ their sound and dig it more than I might otherwise?

musically I'm into indie like Sonic Youth to Bill Evans. Presently I'm collecting original mono pressings of Stones, Dylan and think that if Sgt Peppers were widely known as the Mono recording we'd be better off. Totally different album - more rock and roll in the best way.

My 1st ? is more about ML earbuds? weird I know. owned their last wired model, sounded great but very sensitive and cord was disconnected 2x times. the ML crew were aces about replacing it but settled on a B&O model that was more open air providing a better quality in my opinion. Now I need in ear true wireless buds for audio quality 1st, iPhone and call Siri all 2nd. That said I would be open to small on or over ear if excellent. ML I am going to try to say politely- I think they make said products out of necessity not love or interest in a groundbreaking new product... agree? If not please let me know! I'm loyal and looking at M&D, Grado but Sennheiser seems to be the best? I'd love to have a smaller company to support as long as they're great and not $400- even $300.

I've Sony MD corded studio style at my apartment. I almost always have a place on through my MLs -i love open air and therefore am not used to any over ear. just no Bose, love Apple but NO earpods. and no cords? ML insider info or ideas?

You might look at Hifiman headphones. They have lots of planar 'phones at different price levels. I have the Edition X (HEX) and love them, but started with the 400 series which are also wonderful headphones. I believe they also have a wireless model.

You might look at Hifiman headphones. They have lots of planar 'phones at different price levels. I have the Edition X (HEX) and love them, but started with the 400 series which are also wonderful headphones. I believe they also have a wireless model.
Are you still happy with your edition X headphones? I’ve classic 9 ML stats and would like a headphone presenting a sound that is comparable.

Are you still happy with your edition X headphones? I’ve classic 9 ML stats and would like a headphone presenting a sound that is comparable.
Yes, I love my Edition X headphones. They're much more resolving than the Sennheiser 6XX (650). I'm using them balanced.
The Hifiman Edition XS is around $499 new, and is highly rated on Headfi.

Back