Quantcast

Need advice for HT Setup

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

mirage98

Reaction score
I'm about to graduate from college and I'll finally be able to put some money into my system. Currently I have a music only setup with Odysseys, SqueezeBox, and an Innersound ESL-300. As far as components go, what suggestions do you guys have? I know HDMI 1.3 is coming around soon and most components don't support it but I'd like it if plausible. I'd like to stear clear of an all-in-one receiver and continue on the component path. I wouldn't mind replacing the amp as well. As far as price, I'd like to stay under 7 grand for the components to save room for rears,center,sub,etc..

Munster

Reaction score
Well in the used market I would go for the following:

Center= Theatre I ( 1500)
Rears = Frescoes (1000)
Processsor= Meridian 568.2 (2000)
Amp = Sunfire Grand II (1600) 225w X 5

Leaving 900 for Sub & Cables. Doesnt give you HDMI 1.3 but will sound so

good you won't care.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What ^ Says

Great config.

I'd only suggest considering a Merdian 568.1 and save a few bucks. The .2 adds support DVD-A in from modified thrid-party players or from a 598.
Other than that and some more recent frirmware, the sound quality is going to be about the same.

I love mine.

For the amp, might want to track down a Sunfire Signature version, as they add substantially to current output over the std., But it really only makes a difference at max volumes.