System #318 (Vista, Stage, Source, Fresco I,Descent I, Helos 20)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STDCMR19

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Chris R.

2. Location: Houston, TX USA

3. ML Model(s): Vista, Stage, Source, Fresco I,Descent I, Helos 20 (for stereo in my bathroom)

4. Year Purchased: 2006-2009

5. Mods/Changes: None, except building risers for my Source rears to help with bad placement by couch.

6. Associated Equipment:
Pre-amp--Denon AVR-3311CI--(newly replaced in late 2010)
Amp-- Sunfire Cinema Grand
Speaker Cables--Audioquest Rocket 44's
Interconnects--Audioquest King Cobra RCA
Sub Cable---Audioquest Sub-1
other cables---all audioquest
Music Server--Cambridge Audio 640H
Cable---TiVo HD Series 3
Bluray--Pioneer BDP-05FD
Turntable--Pro-Ject Debut III (want to upgrade next)
Headphones--Wireless Sennheiser RS-115
Internet movies--Vudu VBX-1
Games--XBOX 360 and Wii
Power Management- Panamax 4300PM, Panamax 5100ex, Panamax M2Coax 9(surge and conditioning for rears speakers)
Projector-- Sony SXRD VPLW-60
Screen--- Fixed 100" Stewart Firehawk
Control--Universal Remote MX-980

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:

I first heard Martin Logan speakers as a rookie salesman at a national semi-custom CE chain. I was blown away by a pair of Vantages and instantly fell in love with sound quality that I previously never knew existed. This experience opened my eyes to a whole new world of Hi-Fi that has become my passion and will probaly always be until I die. I tried my darndest to spread this joy with every customer that walked into my store. Unfortunately, in December '08 I lost my job due to this company going out of business and I lost the income to support this habit for now. I'm staying positive and I hope to find another job soon in the industry so I can continue to open other people's eyes as mine were 4 years ago. (and so I can afford to upgrade!)

I am a long time lurker and I have finally decided to post my 6.1 system. It has been a 4 year process to get where I am today and I am looking forward to upgrading for many years to come. I have done all of the installation, programming, and setup myself but I continue to tweak it on an almost daily business. My use is primarily home theater, but I do quite a bit of 2-channel music listening when my wife is away. Please feel free to comment and pass on any advice you might have. Also, please excuse the quality of the photos--I am not a pro photographer.

Attachments

• DSC01428.jpg
    DSC01428.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 885
  • DSC01427.jpg
    DSC01427.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 880
  • DSC01424.jpg
    DSC01424.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 881
  • DSC01426.jpg
    DSC01426.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 870
  • DSC01425.jpg
    DSC01425.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 880
Last edited:
here are some more pics

Here are some close-up pics of the gear

Attachments

• DSC01429.jpg
    DSC01429.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 868
  • DSC01423.jpg
    DSC01423.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 869
Yes, a great system and very similar to mine posted as System #317. I also do the same thing: listen to all my music when the wife and kids are out.

Well done Chris. Everything looks very neat and organized. I do have a question concerning your turntable. Do you run the sub while listening to your project? The only reason I ask is because of the proximity or your sub to the TT. Do you notice any problems when you cut the volume up or have any feedback? Other than that concern I think you have a wonderful looking room and I bet it sounds fantastic!!

Glen

Thank ya'll for your nice comments so far!

Fountain,

I had the vey issue you mentioned. I am looking for another option for turntable placement right now, but until I find something I have had to turn off the Descent when the turntable is in use. Also, I kind of want to experiment more with the placement of the sub more which might take it out of the TT equation also.

Back