Need advice for HT Setup

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirage98

Reaction score
I'm about to graduate from college and I'll finally be able to put some money into my system. Currently I have a music only setup with Odysseys, SqueezeBox, and an Innersound ESL-300. As far as components go, what suggestions do you guys have? I know HDMI 1.3 is coming around soon and most components don't support it but I'd like it if plausible. I'd like to stear clear of an all-in-one receiver and continue on the component path. I wouldn't mind replacing the amp as well. As far as price, I'd like to stay under 7 grand for the components to save room for rears,center,sub,etc..

Well in the used market I would go for the following:

Center= Theatre I ( 1500)
Rears = Frescoes (1000)
Processsor= Meridian 568.2 (2000)
Amp = Sunfire Grand II (1600) 225w X 5

Leaving 900 for Sub & Cables. Doesnt give you HDMI 1.3 but will sound so

good you won't care.

What ^ Says

Great config.

I'd only suggest considering a Merdian 568.1 and save a few bucks. The .2 adds support DVD-A in from modified thrid-party players or from a 598.
Other than that and some more recent frirmware, the sound quality is going to be about the same.

I love mine.

For the amp, might want to track down a Sunfire Signature version, as they add substantially to current output over the std., But it really only makes a difference at max volumes.

Back