MY System

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russb

Reaction score
I just wanterd to share with all you club members my system that I just put togather.
Up front I have a Wadia 850 CD-player.
Bell Canto PRE2p preamp.
Bel Canto EV04 Amp.
The Ascent i main speakers (got them before they stoped producing)
Two Descent subwoofers.
ASC 16" round tube traps in corners.
My system is decated for two channel only.
Let me know what every body thinks good or bad it's ok

Russ

Russb said:
I just wanterd to share with all you club members my system that I just put togather.
Let me know what every body thinks good or bad it's ok

one question: are you happy with it?

build the system to make yourself happy, there will always be someone to let you know it's inadequecies. you won't have the right wadia, or the cables that simply everybody needs to have...

my ML CLS's are coming around 15 years old. my amps, off ebay, about the same. all the surrounds are script, not script-i and the front could be a theater i suppose.

but i'm happy. real happy. i only have to get the screen/projector and route the surround cables into the ceiling before i'm done this 5 year 2 channel audio -> 8 channel theater upgrade and i'm giddy. the sound is so realistic that it confuses the dog. and the soundstage is so enveloping that movies are hitting a new level.

every step has been mine and every step has been greeted with both positive and negative criticism, but at the end of the day i'm the one who sits down and listens to the system and as long as me and my family likes the result i'm happy.

welcome. have fun. post more and i'd love to see pictures of the system

cheers

Bel Canto

Welcome!

I actually run Meridian amplification at the moment, but I intend to change to Bel Canto eVo at some future point.

I first heard Bel Canto running with the Ascent i and a Wadia 8xx CD / pre at my local dealer about a year ago - it's mind bendingly good gear. To my ears it is vastly superior to Krell / Levinson but doesn't cost that much more. For a music system, you'd have to go a very long way to improve on that combination.

Cheers,

David

Back